chapter two.

∞ INFINITY ••• CHAPTER THREE IS HERE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
MEETING THE TEAM

Steve, Natasha, Sam, Wanda, Vision and Kat arrived at the Avengers Compounds a little past six in the morning. The ride was silent with soft whispers from Wanda to Vision about recovery and healing. Upon entering the compounds, they were met with silence stares; the members of Infinity were gathered around a table with Rhodey talking with Hill and Fury. As Rhodey catches the sight of Steve and the others, the conversation ceases.

"Good to see you, Steve." Rhodey chirps as he leans in for a hug with the super soldier. He hugs Natasha next with a wide grin; having missed her after she and the other four became fugitives. Rhodey's attention rapidly goes to Vision, being held up by Wanda and Sam, as he sees the nasty gash in his abdomen. Kat makes her way to the table, taking a seat at the end of the table next to Angela; still remaining close to Steve.

"Do we have any idea on what the is going on here?" Angela cuts in from her seat at the table. Sam and Wanda move Vision to one of the chairs, Wanda staying close to help try and heal the wound to the best of her abilities. Jean instinctively made her way to the android with her medical bag. She doesn't know if she can truly heal him; she's never treated an android before. "Why are we getting another alien invasion?"

"They're after the stones," Bruce comes into the room, making eye contact with Natasha as he awkwardly leans against the door frame. His eyes dart away before locking at the hunched frame by Vision; recognizing the long brown waves. Jean had frozen in her place at hearing that shaky voice, snapping her head to confirm her suspicions. Jean hadn't seen or heard her best friend in two years. She dropped the instrument in her hand and bolts to Bruce before he can comprehend that Jean is there with him and in this situation. She's on the verge of tears by the time she collides with him, wrapping her arms around his neck as if he were to disappear at any moment.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?" Jean softly questions, scanning his face for any cuts or deep wounds. Bruce only nods, placing his hands over hers to give them a reassuring squeeze. The others look on with confusion, not understanding how the pair know each other or seem to have such a close bond.

"They're not going to stop until they have all six of them. He already has two of them and Strange's capture ensures a third coming his way." After the attack, he went back to Wong to get a better understanding of what stones meant and why they're so damn important to Thanos.

"We have to destroy the stone." Vision cuts in. He's calculated every possible outcome in his mind and none is more reasonable, according to him. "It'll ensure that Thanos can't get all six stones."

"We don't trade lives, Vision." Steve replies, catching Wanda's pained expression at the thought of losing another person she loves. She can't endure another death in her life.

"Who is this Thanos, anyway?" Kat asks from her seat. She barely knew who this Thanos was. "Why does he need all six stones?"

"He's the one behind the attack on New York... He sent Loki." Bruce explains. "He's a plague. He invades planets, takes what he wants and then wipes out half the population."

"So, we're ed." Jade deadpans, unamused by the whole situation.

There's a moment of silence at the realization that Thanos is going to be unlike anyone the Avengers or the Infinity team has faced before. This is going to be something they don't know how to handle and on top of it all, there's valuable team players missing for this fight.

"What happened with Tony?" Steve finally asks, half afraid of the answer he might get. On cue, Elektra lets out a sigh, looking over to Angela who was already beating herself up for letting the alien take Strange and thus, taking Iron Man with them.

"He went after Strange. I tried to stop him but he kept going until he got to the ship... I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter