chapter one.

∞ INFINITY ••• CHAPTER THREE IS HERE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
SANCTUM GREETINGS

"Angela, you're up." Nick orders as he directs his attention to the Wolverine. The brunette nods at her boss, turning to leave but Embla pipes up before she moves another muscle.

"Angela, I'll transport you there...it'll be fast and you'll avoid the traffic if there's conflict on site....Ready?" Embla inquires, her eyes focused on the mutant, ignoring her surrounding team for the time being. Angela's not particularly fond of the idea in all honesty since it's just as bad as flying in her mind. She adjusts her ear-piece, taking in a short breath before looking to the Asgardian to signal the light show. As the beaming lights of the Bifrost penetrate the compounds, Angela closes her eyes to minimize the sick feeling she'll get during travel. In a matter of seconds, Angela and the Bifrost are gone as well as Embla's golden, glowing form; collapsing to the ground as soon as the light show is over. The stress and fatigue of earlier events finally catching up to the Asgardian.

The four men are startled nearly half to death when Angela arrives at the sanctum, interrupting Wong's magical presentation on the history of the Infinity Stones. She lands just in the middle of Wong's presentation, between him and Tony's body sitting on the couch. Bruce jumps in terror as Doctor Strange and Wong are in fighting stances in a matter of seconds. Tony's heart nearly leaps out of his arc reactor, preparing himself for battle.

"Stand down. I'm not a threat, boys." Angela calmly directs, raising her hands to correlate her words.

"Identify yourself and purpose for appearing in this sanctum." Strange briskly orders the white shirt and jean clad woman, his stance unwavering along with Wong's. Tony stands in observation, F.R.I.D.A.Y. scanning the female to bring up information for Tony. Bruce stood in fear.

"Angela Victoria Bane Howlett. I'm here on behalf of Nick Fury, Dr. Strange. Was sent here to assess whatever crashed into the Sanctum." Angela answers with slight annoyance in her voice. The four men's eyes widened simultaneously at the name of the supposedly deceased spy. F.R.I.D.A.Y. had pulled up little information about Angela; mainly stating her last known residence as Alberta, Canada.

"Nick Fury is dead." Tony states, obviously knowing better. Plus, F.R.I.D.A.Y.'s scan of the brunette only proves that someone clearly deep-sixed her information or this woman has lived off the radar for over a decade which could be done by and with the help of very few people; one of them being Fury.

"Now, even you know that's a load of horse , Stark. I'm part of a shadow team that Fury's built over the last decade. That's why your fancy glasses can't find anything specific about me except for my last known location and birth certificate." A smirk plays on her lips as she lowers her hands to her sides, enjoying the subtle reaction of shock from Tony. She looks to Wong and Strange, rolling her eyes at their stance and stern expressions. "Believe me, Strange. I'm not here to maul. Just wanna know why there's a hole the size of pluto on your roof. Give me that and I'll disappear from here."

"Why would Fury need to build a shadow team if he's already got the Avengers?" Banner pipes up from behind the mutant, his face contorted in confusion. It hits Angela that Bruce hasn't been seen since Sokovia...two years ago. She quickly puts two and two together.

"Because some people don't know how to stay together aka the Avengers...I'm guessing you're the one responsible for causing that hole." Angela sighs to herself, turning her full attention to Bruce. "Stark didn't fill you in?"

"Fill me in? Tony, what is she talking abo-"

"The Avengers broke up, Dr. Banner. Your teammates couldn't agree with each other and so the team split. You can thank Stark for making Captain America a fugitive." Angela coldly states as she juts her head behind her, in Tony's direction. Bruce's eyes widen like saucers at the new information, not wanting to believe the words that left Angela's mouth. When he looks to Tony, her words are only confirmed by the pained expression on his face.

"I don't think now's the time to play the blame game, Miss Howlett." Strange speaks up.

"Simply stating the facts, Strange. Now, please stand down so we can talk like civilized people." Angela cooly requests once more as she turns to Strange and Wong.

Stephen and Wong glance at each other, slightly nodding in agreement to stand down. The pair look to Banner, who was still scared at the person standing before him. While F.R.I.D.A.Y. couldn't pull up any information from the internet, she was able to tell Tony about Angela's physicality. So, his shocked reaction was a mixed result of Angela's comment and learning of the woman's physical abnormality hiding just under her skin.

"So we're just supposed to believe you? A woman weighing almost twice her size with a skeleton coated with one of the strongest metals on this planet? Oh, and the three claws tucked in both your arms. Did I miss anything?" Tony snarks, his expression now smug.

He only wears the smug look for a few seconds as it's quickly replaced by fear; Angela's three adamantium claws mere centimeters from his stubbled face. The growl that left wasn't a friendly sounding one and it (surprisingly) shook Stark to his core. "You missed how I could maul you without blinking and without a damn care in the world." Angela lowly growls, showing her teeth to Tony. As the other three men prepare (mainly Strange and Wong) to possibly take on Angela, the ground beneath their feet shakes and a distant crowd of yelling can be heard through the hole in the roof. The five of them cautiously turn to their attention to the muffled commotion that's ensuing outside the doors of the sanctum. In an instant, Angela is hastily leaving the building, forgetting about the four men that are frozen by fear as to what lays outside of the sanctum.

"Base, there's commotion here by the New York sanctum." Angela reports as she presses a finger to her earpiece, her hands slightly shaking in fear of what she'll see once she opens the door. Without second thought, she opens the door, immediately greeted by people running away from whatever is going on around the corner. "Careful Angela, sensors are telling us that whatever it is, it's not human and that there's a high chance they're not just passing by." Tychon, Elektra's younger brother, communicates into Angela's ear, his voice coated with worry for his teammate as she manuevered through the sea of people, unsheathing her other three claws when she turns the corner.

The four men eventually follow after Angela, Tony directing F.R.I.D.A.Y. to alert first responders of the commotion for the injured. "You might want to put that time stone in your back pocket, Doc." Tony yells back to Strange, who was casting the usual shields over his fists.

"I think this would be good enough reason to call Steve, Tony!" Bruce yells as he runs behind Tony, stopping once all of them catch up to Angela and two others farther ahead. They weren't human.

"Be prepared to die at the hands of the children of Thanos..." the tall lanky one of the two spoke with regality, unbothered by the commotion he and his brutish partner have caused.

"Ty, I would really like to know who the this Thanos is, and who these two goons are." Angela once again softly spoke to her earpiece as the lanky thing continues with its speech, her voice shaky at the sight before her. She never signed up to fight aliens or whatever these two and Thanos were. By the looks of the donut-shaped ship they arrived in, it didn't look friendly and signalled to Angela that this Thanos was probably hiding away in an even bigger ship.

"Working on it...uhh Ange...there's no information. I can't find a single thing on the internet or any databases of a Thanos or what those two are except for the live news footage." Tychon relays with frustration, not pleased that for once, he couldn't give information to help Angela. "."

"I'm sorry, Earth is closed today!" Tony finally cuts off the creature. Wong and Strange standing a few inches behind Stark, ready with their shields to fight the duo while Bruce remained behind everyone.

"Banner, you want a piece?" Tony calls back to Bruce. "No, but when do I ever get what I want?" he grumbles to himself. Angela briefly focuses her attention on the scientist, amused that she may finally see the big green guy in person.

"What's the problem?" Stark questions when he notices it's taking Banner some energy to bring out his big green friend, only getting as far as his neck to turn green.

"I don't know...we've been sorta having a thing." Banner admitted, out of breath and tired from trying to turn green on command. "Banner, that's the thing right there, c'mon!" Stark pressures and with that, Bruce con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter