Chapter 6

Think of You

Jinyoung only won a few pikachu plushies but Mark still enjoyed himself, laughing at Jinyoung attempts to win him more plushies.

At some point they met up with Jaebum and Jackson who cheered at the news the two got together. “Finally I thought I would have to do it for him” Jackson cheered

“We’re very happy to hear this” Jaebum smiled as he saw that Jinyoung was happy again.

“Now Jinyoungie can stop drawing you as a merman” Jackson smiled but instantly his eyes widened at what he said. 

Mark turned and smiled at Jinyoung ‘So he does remember’, he thought. “You draw me as a merman?”

“Uh I was just doodling” Jinyoung said, giving a side glare to Jackson. He never showed them the drawings because he knew they would just say he’s pushing his face on the merman.

“Yeah it’s not like you’re actually a merman because they don’t exist” Jackson rambled and Jaebum elbowed him to shut him up.

Mark giggled, “But what if I am a merman?” He asked tilting his head to the side.

The Jaebum and Jackson laughed at Mark while Jinyoung eyes widened, he didn’t expect him to say it out loud like that, “Um how about we look for a table to sit at?” Jinyoung said smiling awkwardly. Mark raised an eyebrow, but didn’t say anything. ‘I guess seeing is believing’ he thought. 

The two couples found a table and sat down; Jaebum and Mark volunteered to go get some food while Jackson and Jinyoung stayed seated. While sitting Jinyoung couldn’t help but wonder why Mark would say that; does he not care if people learned his secret? Or was he just joking because he really isn’t a merman? 

As he was thinking, Jackson noticed Jinyoung puzzled, “Jinyoungie, stop thinking Mark-hyung isn’t your merman” Jackson snorted

Jinyoung sighed and decided to tell him, “Actually Jackson-hyung I really do think Mark-hyung is the merman.” He stated and Jackson opened his mouth to argue but Jinyoung beat him to it, “Look I know you think I’m pushing Mark-hyung face to the drawings but when you look at it, it actually makes fits. Plus didn’t you see his face afterwards? He looked completely serious” Jinyoung argued

Jackson had to admit he found Mark’s reaction a little strange. Normally after making a joke like that people would say they were kidding or even laugh but Mark looked almost disappointed at them. There would be no reason for him to be like that unless, unless- no it’s impossible mermen don’t exist. Maybe Mark was just trying to keep the joke alive or something- there was no way Mark was actually a merman.

“I get that Jinyoung but your merman has blonde hair and plus you went out in the water him right?” Jackson started and Jinyoung nodded, “Based on movies isn’t the mermaid suppose to turn back when wet or something like that. If he was actually a merman he would’ve changed.”

“It’s been a month since I’ve seen the merman, maybe he dyed his hair” Jinyoung said and Jackson gave him a pointed look, “I know it’s weird, but the face looks the same, the body looks the same and you know that during the past two nights, Mark always left once the moon came up.”

“Maybe he has that kind of face and body but with that moon theory all it proves is that he has a curfew. It doesn’t prove that he’s a merman.” Jackson argued

Jinyoung opened his mouth to speak more but saw Jaebum and Mark chuckling while carrying their food. The two placed their food down before sitting with their partners, “Well it looks like you two have gotten chummy” Jackson smirked

“Yeah we were just talking about some stuff” Mark giggled while sharing a secret smile with Jaebum.

“Talking about what?” Jinyoung wondered, the two didn’t stop smiling at each other since they reached the table. Could it be that Mark told Jaebum he was a merman? Jaebum somehow had the ability to get inside people’s head, could he tell that Mark was actually telling the truth?

“Don’t worry about, Jinyoungie. It’s nothing” Jaebum smiled.

That didn’t make Jinyoung feel any better, “Yah Im Jaebum, I’m your boyfriend you’re not allowed to kept secrets from me. We’re suppose to tell each other everything” Jackson whined

“Yah Wang Jackson, I’m still older than you and if that’s true, why don’t you tell me about that secret conversation you had last week with Namjoon?” Jaebum grinned

Jackson face paled, “I-I can’t I swore never to speak of it” he stuttered

“Okay then” Jaebum chuckled, “My conversation with Mark-hyung is also never to be spoken of.” and Jackson pouted while stirring his food around.

Jinyoung pouted as well making Mark giggle and he patted his back, “Relax Jinyoungie, it was nothing major” Mark smiled

Jinyoung stared at Mark’s dazzling smile and became slightly annoyed of weak that smile was making him, “Fine but I’m gonna hold this against you. Next time Jackson-hyung and I will have a secret and you two will be left in the dark.”

“Yah you can be so petty, Jinyoung.” Jaebum scoffed and began to eat his food. Jinyoung huffed, offended by being called petty and Mark hid his face but Jinyoung could tell that he was laughing since his shoulders were shaking. 

The four ate occasionally eating in silence since Jackson mouth was preoccupied with food. Once they finished they threw out their food and roamed around the beach looking at more activities to do. Eventually Jackson found out a contest was happening further down the beach and immediately wanted to be part of it. He dragged Jaebum who dragged Jinyoung making Mark laugh loudly seeing his boyfriend whine at being dragged somewhere.

“Never in my life have I ever hated you more, Im Jaebum” Jinyoung hissed with anger in his eyes while Jaebum rolled his eyes. “Why the hell did you make me come here?”

“Because if I have to suffer watching Jackson go through this contest then I’m bringing my best friend to suffer with me” Jaebum grinned

“You’re despicable” Jinyoung growled, narrowing his eyes.

Jaebum ignored him, “Oh don’t worry Mark-hyung, Jinyoung not actually mad, he get’s this way whenever he’s annoyed but he’ll cool off eventually”

Mark smiled, he was a little worried that Jinyoung was actually pissed at the taller man but now knowing the truth he didn’t feel that way anymore, “Good to know. Now I know what to expect”

“Oh don’t worry, he won’t be like this; it’s like what we were talking about before” Jaebum grinned and Mark nodded.

Jinyoung looked between the two, “What the hell Jaebum-hyung? You guys were talking about me?” He said crossing his arms.

Jaebum tilted his head in mock confusion, “Did we?”

“I hate you” Jinyoung hissed, clenching his hands. Mark laughed but stopped when he heard a familiar ring on his phone. He took it out his pocket and groaned when he read the message, “Is something wrong?” Jinyoung asked

“Um I have to go take care of something” Mark sighed and Jinyoung face fell, he wanted to be with Mark the whole day. Mark noticed his disappointed face, “Don’t worry I should be back, besides I have something I want to talk to you about. Could we met tonight at 9 by the rocks?” He pointed to the large boulders that laid by the waters with the waves crashing against it.

Jinyoung nodded, “I’ll wait for you there”. Mark smiled before pecking Jinyoung lips with a quick kiss and waving good-bye to Jaebum.

Jinyoung smiled widely while touching his lips, “Wow you are really whipped for this guy” Jaebum snorted

Jinyoung snapped out his daze and frowned at the elder, “Shut up, like you’re not the same with Jackson-hyung.”

“Maybe but I’m better at hiding it then you are” Jaebum shrugged looking back his boyfriend, who was currently leaping over giant beach balls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mark panted as he finally found an area without anyone around to see him dive into the sea. The last thing he wants is people panicking because he never came up. He dove down and swam quickly through the ocean before coming upon his family palace and seeing BamBam and Yugyeom at the entrance.

“What’s going on?” Mark asked “Why did you call me home?”

“The King and Queen have been asking for you.” Yugyeom replied, “We can’t constantly be lying for you.”

Mark sighed, “Damn I knew they would call for me but not so soon.” 

“Dude” BamBam began and he got some looks from the royal guard who stood at the entrance, “You haven’t been home for months, it’s time you came home to at least see your folks.”

“Yeah I’ve been on stalling on my report of the surface and the North Pacific for awhile.” Mark sighed

“I wonder why” Yugyeom smirked knowingly

Mark rolled his eyes, “I’ve been stalling before I met I even met him”

“Whatever you say hyung” BamBam giggled before swimming away with Yugyeom to another part of the palace.

Mark rolled his eyes, swam inside and the doors opened for him to enter in the throne room where he saw Tammy stand before their parent’s sitting on the throne.

“Finally you’ve come back home, brother” Tammy smiled lightly hitting Mark with her pink tail, “I was beginning to think you were avoiding the palace”

“As were we” Queen Dorine smiled as she moved off the throne to hug Mark and Raymond did the same.

“I’ve been busy on the surface Ma” Mark said once he pulled away from his parent’s hug.

“Too busy to see your parents?” King Raymond frowned

“Well I have school responsibilities as well as the responsibilities of the Northern Pacific Ocean” Mark sighed. 

For thousands of years the Pacific Ocean was under one King and Queen however with Tammy soon to take over the throne she complained of being unable to handle the responsibility of being ruler of the large ocean. So their parents decided to split the throne with Tammy ruling the South Pacific and Mark will rule the North Pacific. 

The mer-people of the Pacific were at first unsure of this decision but after the King and Queen explained that no major changes to the laws or any threats of war would not happened unless the two rulers agreed on it. Basically meaning that happens on one side will happen on the other. 

Mark had never thought he would ever be King unless something happened to Tammy and Grace but since Grace fell in love and married the Princess of the Atlantic Ocean; he was bumped up. 

“Yes but you were suppose to report back to us weeks ago” Tammy frowned, crossing her arms.

“Like I said, I’ve been busy” Mark shrugged.

“Too busy for family? To busy to do you job as Prince and future King of the North? Maybe Joey should take over just to lightning your schedule” Tammy scoffed

Mark opened his mouth to give his sister a piece of his mind but his mother chimed in, “No fighting you two” she warned and turned her attention to Mark, “Now Yien, I know we allowed you to go to the surface for school and research but school is over. Your father and I are beginning to feel like you staying on the surface much longer than you should.”

Mark groaned, “Ma I like being on surface, it fun and there people-.”

“You have your responsibilities here Yien” His father began, “besides it can be fun here. There’s no reason for you to be on the surface.”

“I have a boyfriend on the surface!” Mark blurted

His family gasped, “A boyfriend?” Tammy asked surprised

Mark blushed and started fidgeting with his hands and tail, “Well we aren’t on technical names yet but we really like each other.” 

“When in Poseidon did this happen?” King Raymond wondered

“Today” Mark replied

King Raymond raised an eyebrow, “Does he know you’re a merman?” Queen Dorine asked curiously

“Well kinda” Mark said rubbing the back of his head.

The three gave him a confused look, “Kinda? What does that mean?” Tammy asked

“Well you see I saved him from drowning a couple of weeks ago and he saw my tail. I didn’t see him again till this week and we’ve been hanging out and today he confessed to me. We met up with his friends and they blurted out that he’s been drawing me as a merman.” Mark revealed, “So I guess he kinda knows but he’s unsure”

“Ahuh and do you plan on telling him?” King Raymond asked

“Yes tonight I will tell him” Mark smiled

“Do you trust him?” Queen Dorine asked. 

Mark nodded, there was no reason to feel as if Jinyoung would expose him. He wasn’t one of those crazy obsessed types or else he would be hunting for their kind instead of hanging out on the beach with his friends. “I’m falling in love with him everyday and he’s so smart and cute and just amazing.” He grinned.

His parents and sister looked at each other with a smile, “Alright but please be careful, our ties with the world are not yet known and there’s only so much they can do for us if you are discovered.” King Raymond warned

“I promise” Mark smiled, “Thank you” and began to swim away

“I want to met this amazing man someday” Queen Dorine said just before Mark reached the door, he nodded and swam away heading back to the surface.

Tammy sighed, “Leave it to Mark to fall in love with a human.” She said while shaking her head.

“I can only hope it goes well for him” King Raymond said