Chapter 1

Think of You

“Come on, you haven’t done anything exciting in weeks!” Jackson whined, Jaebum hushed the Hong Kong native to be more quieter before the librarian comes and throws them out again.

Jinyoung frowned putting down his book he was trying to read before he was rudely interrupted by Jackson’s whining, “We’re in college, why do we have to do anything exciting?” 

Jaebum sighed, “Jinyoungie you sound like a old man. I mean look at you, you’re in the library when you could be outside.” 

Jinyoung frowned deepened, “Jaebum-hyung, you of all people should not be calling me an old man when you’re practically a grandpa.”

Jaebum rolled his eyes, “You know what I mean Jinyoung-” before he could say anything else, Youngjae walked over to them.

“Hey Hyungs” Youngjae greeted and turned towards Jinyoung, “Jinyoung-hyung thanks for letting me use your notes for Biology” he said giving him his notebook, “they were really helpful for finals.”

“Anytime Youngjae-ah” Jinyoung smiled

“I gotta go I’m meeting a couple of friends to celebrate finishing this semester; see ya guys” he waved while walking away

Jinyoung shoulders sagged as he ran his hands through his hair, “Jinyoung, ever since you and Youngjae broke up you’ve been a complete downer and totally anti-social and add to the fact that you guys stayed ‘friends’ makes it even more depressing” Jackson replied

“It’s not my fault, Youngjae was the one who wanted to stay friends” Jinyoung said trying to defend himself

“Yeah but you and I both know the reason you said yes was because you thought you could change his mind” Jaebum deadpanned

Jinyoung sighed, he hated how Jaebum could tell what he was thinking, “Yeah I know, it was a stupid idea, but I just couldn’t let him go. I was in love with him, you can’t just turn that off.” he said sadly.

Jackson and Jaebum both looked at each other; after hearing the couple had broken up a month ago, Jinyoung looked as if he was unfazed by the breakup using homework and projects as an excuse to not go out but this was the first time the two had ever seen Jinyoung look so vulnerable. 

“Jinyoung there’s a party tonight and I think you should go.” Jackson suggested “Let’s go out and have fun”

Jinyoung hummed, thinking about it, “If it makes you feel any better I’m going too” Jaebum added

Jinyoung sighed, it seem like a bad idea and it wouldn’t hurt to let go of everything for just a second. “Okay” Jackson quietly squealed and Jaebum smirked as if he knew Jinyoung was gonna say yes all along.

“Awesome be ready at 7 and we’ll pick you up” Jackson smiled while getting up from his chair and skipping out the library.

“Look at that, you made Jackson the happiest man ever.” Jaebum joked

“Isn’t that your job as his boyfriend?” Jinyoung snorted

“Please” Jaebum scoffed, “The smallest things make Jackson happy; it’s hard to own that kinda title”

Jinyoung rolled his eyes, “Where is this party anyways?”

Jaebum shrugged, “I don’t know but Jackson does since he was the one who told me”

Jinyoung groaned, suddenly having flashbacks of other parties Jackson invited him to,“Oh god why do I suddenly feel like something bad is going to happen?”

“Oh come on, what’s the worst that could possible happen?” Jaebum smirked before getting up to leave; Jinyoung sighed putting away his stuff in his bag. But he still had a bad feeling about it.

~~~~~~~~~~

At 7, Jinyoung had just finished fixing his hair, he sighed wondering if he should even care how he look before fixing it again. He finally gave up on it before gathering his wallet and keys and leaving the dorm. He went outside and saw Jaebum’s car out on the curb; he got in the back seat where he was greet by Jackson smile and Jaebum’s nod before he drove off.

“So Jackson-hyung, where is this party at?” Jinyoung asked hoping to get an idea of what they’re getting into. 

“At some dude beach house over in Yeonsu-Gu” Jackson replied 

“Wait you don’t even know the guy?” Jinyoung asked and Jackson nodded, “Should we even go since we weren’t invited?” He questioned, Jaebum rolled his eyes.

“RM, Amber, and Kai told me about it so technically I was invited, just not by the guy” Jackson answered back. Jinyoung shook his head he forgot that Jackson was a social butterfly so it wouldn’t be strange for him to invited to some random guys party.

Jinyoung sighed and sat back while Jaebum and Jackson talked; after a 40 minute ride they finally pulled up to the beach house. There were a bunch of cars out on the large driveway yet the house itself seemed quiet. 

The three looked around, “Are we at the wrong house?” Jaebum questioned

“No way, RM gave me the address” Jackson replied looking at his phone

“Wait I hear music” Jinyoung observed and got out of the car, “I see lights flashing from the back of the house” Jackson and Jaebum got out as well. As they walked to the side of the house the music got louder; when they finally reached the back of the house the party wasn’t in the backyard but on a boat.

“Wow whose place is this?” Jaebum awed

“I don’t know but he must be rich if he has a boat like that” Jackson smiled. The boat was a large three story yacht with flashing lights moving with the thumping music. 

The three quickly got on the boat where they were greeted by Kai, “Jackson, you and your buddies made it just in time”

“Just in time for what?” Jackson wondered

Kai gave him a confused look, “Wait didn’t I tell you, Jackson? This boat leaves the dock at 8”

“Wait, seriously?” Jaebum asked stunned along with Jackson and Jinyoung

Kai smiled, “Yeah, what better way to celebrate the end of the term than a party on boat cruising around in the ocean.”

“Um how far out are we going?” Jinyoung questioned; he suddenly got worried that maybe being trapped out in sea with a bunch of soon to be drunk college students may not be a good idea.

“Not too far out, just a couple miles out I heard” Kai answered. Somewhere on boat, someone called Kai’s name, “Oop I better check that out, see ya later” and walked away on the boat

“So” Jackson grinned turning to the Jinyoung and Jaebum, “we’re good then” 

“Jackson-” Jinyoung began

“Guys we’re already here and if anything happens I’m sure I can get the captain or whoever to turn the boat back here” Jackson assured

Jinyoung and Jaebum both looked at each other and sighed, “Fine but the moment something goes wrong we’re leaving” Jaebum sternly said leaving no room to arguing. Jackson happily nodded and ran towards the bumping music; Jaebum followed him and Jinyoung walked close behind.

After only 10 minutes of getting on the boat, Jinyoung lost both Jackson and Jaebum; he saw them enter the living room(?), of where majority of the party was but the two mixed into crowd. Giving up on the fact that he might not find them in here, he found himself at the bar and was giving a red cup with no explanation as to what was in it. After contemplating for a few minutes he decided to let go and just chug the mystery drink, it tasted horrible and burned his throat however after the third cup it was probably the greatest drink he ever tasted. He tried to get another one but some girl made him spill it all over the floor.

Sad over the spill of his drink, a tiny part of his brain told him it was for the best. He felt really warm and he was unsure if as because he was drunk or the fact that there was too many people around. He decided to go out on the side deck to get a bit of fresh air; the wind gently grazed his face as the boat moved on the sea, looking out he could still see the docks but it was still quite a bit of distance between the two. The wind helped in cooling him down making him feel a whole lot better, however he could feel the alcohol dissipate from his blood bringing back thoughts he was trying to drown.

Youngjae. God, he was in love with that little ball of sunshine and now he’s out somewhere probably with another guy. He truly doesn’t know what happened, after 7 months of what Jinyoung thought was pure love and happiness, Youngjae suddenly tells him that he no longer feels the same way anymore. Like what the hell? Jinyoung never saw him look unhappy unless the guy was faking it; why didn’t Youngjae mention it before Jinyoung fallen deeply in love with him. 

It wasn’t at all fair but no matter how much he wanted to explode at him and tell him off, he didn’t want to ruin the small thread they had between them. When Youngjae asked to remain friends, Jinyoung thought for sure that there was a chance they could still be together. However it seemed Youngjae was happy to move on from their relationship and was already surrounding himself new friends probably a new boyfriend but Jinyoung didn’t dare ask, not wanting to seem clingy. 

He looked up at the silver full moon staring back at him making him feel lonely. All he wants is to be loved and he felt that with Youngjae, why didn’t he feel the same way? He leaned over the railing and stared into the black sea wondering if it was deep enough to swallow his sadness. 

Once in while the multi-colored lights flashed over the sea and he saw floating seaweed and a couple of fish that were brave enough to swim by the boat. However the strangest thing he saw was a golden colored object floating underwater. At first he thought, one of the party-goers dropped something in the ocean but the object seemed to be moving against the current of the water and there was no way it was boat making it move like that. 

The longer Jinyoung stared at it, the more it seemed to moving on its own will, one of the lights flashed over it again and something long and sparkly shined in the light. Jinyoung eyes widened, and began to think that it was quite possible he was drunker than he thought. However he kept seeing glimpses of it, he leaned more over the railing try and get a better look when his hand slipped he fell over the rail and into the cold black sea. 

He quickly bounced back up to surface but he was just quickly pulled down as something got attached to his leg. Jinyoung struggled to shaked whatever was on him off but it did nothing, his sight got blurry and his lungs was about to burst with the lack of oxygen. It only took a few moments before he lost his consciousness making his body go limp falling deeper into the ocean below. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A golden blonde head swam along the ocean floor picking up the trash dropped by the humans that celebrating above, and placing it in his shoulder trash bag. This was not how he imagined his night would go but it was a duty to clean it up or else another poor aquatic life would choke eating the human trash. A fish swam up to him alerting that something fell into the ocean, the blonde sighed and followed after the fish to pick it up. The blonde gasped as he saw that it wasn’t trash that fell in, but it was a human.

He rummaged through the bag to find a dull knife (why would you throw that in the ocean?) and used it to cut the poor human loose from the very long seaweed that tangled around the humans ankle. The blonde took the human and quickly swam to docks, peeking up to the surface to make sure there was no one around, along with cameras. He used his powers over the water to put the human and himself on the docks. He quickly started doing CPR, praying to Poseidon that the human was still alive. 

After a few moments the human started coughing, spitting out the water from his lungs. Mark smiled but had a feeling there was more water in him. He placed his hands above the human chest and concentrated on the ocean water in him. After feeling he got the right liquids in his control he started moving his hands upwards towards his mouth, the human mouth open wider and a long flow of water come out. 

The human coughed some more and Mark was happy to see that his color was looking normal as well. Looking at the human features, Mark was in awe of the male. Never before had he seen such a more handsome man, his curly black hair, and his dark pink lips. Mark knew he shouldn’t but they were just so tempting and in a way it’s like a thank you so it shouldn’t be bad. 

Mark leaned in to placed his wet lips on top of the human’s; “JINYOUNG! JINYOUNG!” Mark quickly pulled back, the party boat was back and most likely the guy’s friends were trying to find him. Giving the human one last kiss on the cheek, he rolled himself back into the water.

~~~~~~~

“JINYOUNG! JINYOUNG!” He heard as slowly opened his eyes and Jinyoung saw the most beautiful man with golden blonde hair give him a kiss on his cheek before disappearing. Coughing he groaned as he sat up, he looked out on the land for the man before looking out into sea and there he saw something he just couldn’t believe was real. A slender looking golden blonde haired man jumping out from sea and diving back in, this would seem normal except the man didn’t have legs but a shimmering bluish-green mermaid tail.