Chapter 10

Think of You

Jinyoung sees Mark in his dream in all the time. Sees him standing by the ocean, shirtless, his hair slightly ruffled by the wind. In his dreams Mark turns to smile as Jinyoung walked to him; he reaches for his hand and hold him close as if he’s never letting go. In his dream they walked hand and hand as they go further out in ocean till they’re fully submerged and swimming underwater. 

Jinyoung never questions the fact that he’s able to breathe under water, all he cares about is the merman holding on to him. Jinyoung stopped him to kiss his hair, his cheek, his neck and lifts his eyes unto Mark’s. When Jinyoung wraps his arms around his waist he can still the scars of the bullet holes and he kisses him harder to keep back the horrible memories of that night.

In his dream every kiss is like their first kiss, and every touch of his hand is like a stolen present. They pull away from each other’s lips and swim away from land and deeper in the blue ocean. In that moment, the last moment of his dream, they are completely and blissfully happy. In that moment there’s no memory of the pain, of the tears, of the endless reports and explanations, of the endless days in court and staring at the man that killed his boyfriend. In that moment no one had been shot and everything is as it should’ve been. 

In that moment, that final moment, there is only happiness. Happiness and the feeling of Mark’s lips against his own as he whispered what he could only dream, the words he would never hear, “I think I love you.” He always cried when the dream ended and he would always stretch out his hand and find that he’s alone and that Mark is gone.

Jackson came into the bedroom and hugged him, “You had that dream about Mark again, didn’t you?” He asked and Jinyoung nodded his head as he wiped his eyes, “What did he say this time?”

“‘I think I love you’.” Jinyoung sniffled 

“You’ve been dreaming he’s been saying that for over a month now” Jackson smiled sadly

“It makes sense, doesn’t it? Of all the things I guessed it to be, it has to be that” Jinyoung sighed

“You’re right, anyone could tell that he was madly in love you” Jackson said

Jinyoung whimpered and felt the tears sting his eyes again, “And now because of me, he’s gone.”

Jackson shaked his head, “Jinyoungie stop saying that! It’s not your fault, it’s Youngjae’s”

“But if I didn’t date him, Youngjae wouldn’t have-”

Jackson sighed, “You can’t blame yourself for Youngjae’s actions. No one would’ve ever known that Youngjae would that. None of us would’ve thought he was even capable of killing someone. But that doesn’t make it your fault. Youngjae made his choice and he’s paying for it.”

That night, the police came minutes after Youngjae shot Mark and they had to pull Jaebum off his beaten body. Someone call and reported after seeing Youngjae with a gun on the beach and police were unsure of where he was until they heard the first shot that’s when they ran to the top of the cliff but by then it was too late, Mark was shot and already had fallen over the cliff.

After Jinyoung shouted that Mark had fallen over the cliff and the police called for boats and divers to search the water for Mark body but other than the large amounts of blood, there was no sign of Mark. Police had to only guess that his blood had attracted predators and the rest was up to their imagination. Jinyoung broke down crying at the police station, wailing over the lost of his boyfriend. 

His parents had immediately come over after being contacted by the police and took Jinyoung home after he was cleared. His mother held him as he cried on her shoulders, they hadn’t yet met Mark but Jinyoung had told them a few stories about him when he promised them that he would soon after he met his parents. However it seemed that last part would never happened.

Jaebum and Jackson arrived at his house an hour later since Jaebum had to go to the hospital for his bruised knuckles; thankfully the police decided not to charged him and claimed it was under self-defense. The three boys went upstairs as Jinyoung claimed he was tired. It was at that moment Jackson dropped the messenger bag will with the evidence Youngjae had collected of Mark.

Unbeknownst to them, Jackson had swiped it when he saw the police coming up the cliff. He wasn’t sure if the police was in on the secret of the merfolk but with quick action he took the bag and pretended like it was his own and thankfully the police never checked inside. The three looked though the bag and Jinyoung could feel the tears sting his eyes as looked through the pictures and photos.

“Holy crap, there must been weeks of pictures and videos of you and Mark-hyung together.” Jaebum gasped

“It makes you wonder how long he’s been truly stalking you” Jackson sighed

Jinyoung started to sniffle as he looked at one picture with him and Mark kissing each other, “How could he? How could he just take Mark away from me like that?” he croaked. He looked up to see Jaebum and Jackson somber faces, “Do either of you know what Mark was going to tell me?” He asked but he already knew the answer, neither of them knew what he was going to say.

For the rest of the summer, Jinyoung mostly stayed in his room with the pictures and videos since he had nothing left of Mark. Once school started back up again, he only went to class afterwards came straight back home. Jackson and Jaebum periodically come over to check on him but he seemed to always be on his bed, crying. At least that’s where Jackson found him.

Jinyoung took a deep breath, “Do you think his parents know?”

Jackson bit his lip as he shrugged, “Probably, it’s been three months since then so it’s safe to assume they do.”

Jinyoung snorted, “You know sometimes I have nightmares that they would send a Tsunami to kill me because they blame me for the lost of their son.”

“You don’t know that” Jackson argued

“It’s possible” he whispered

“It’s not, remember what Mark-hyung: that the government is friends with them. Maybe they told his parents about it, about the fact that the true killer is in jail, serving time for what he did.” Jackson frowned, “Besides haven’t you noticed how odd it was that what happened wasn’t in the news or even the paper and you know that this is news worthy.”

Jinyoung looked at Jackson, he never thought of that. Which should’ve caught his attention when the school themselves become somber over Mark’s leave of absence. At least that’s what the staff are telling everyone, “Probably.”

“Come on Jinyoungie, you have a better reason as to why they haven’t destroyed all of humanity?” Jackson said trying to lift his spirit.

Jinyoung shaked his head, “But why do you suppose they haven’t contacted me?” He wondered

“Maybe because they’re in mourning or they’re in grief and too sad to think of anyone else or-”

“Or maybe they blame me” Jinyoung muttered

Jackson his teeth, “Jinyoungie, it’s not your fault. How many times do I have to repeat this?” Jinyoung shrugged, “Alright; being in this bed is making you depressive, so you’re getting up and you’re gonna shower and we’re going out.” Jackson commanded as he moved the covers off of Jinyoung.

Jinyoung groaned but did as he said. He slowly got up and waddled his way into the bathroom. He before washing, Jinyoung looked at himself in the mirror. He grimace at his reflection. His eyes were red and puffy due to all the crying and he had bags underneath because of the many nights he laid awake. He sighed but in honesty he couldn’t careless but Jackson would probably beat him up for looking like crap so he tried to look better than before. After 10 minutes in the shower, he got out and walked into his room, happy to see that Jackson wasn’t still there. He sluggishly put on a turtleneck, pants and socks before walking down the stairs to see his mother in the kitchen and Jaebum and Jackson sitting at the kitchen table.

His mother was the first one to spot him, “Jinyoungie so happy to see you moving around.” Mrs. Park smiled.

“We’re taking him out for a little bit” Jackson announced

“Oh good, he never goes anywhere else other than the school.” Mrs. Park breathed in relief.

“You know that I can hear you guys, right?” Jinyoung frowned

“Obviously” Jaebum deadpanned as he got up and wrapped his arms around Jinyoung neck, “Come on Jinyoungie, the fresh air will do you some good.” He said as he pulled him towards the door. Jinyoung rolled his eyes and placed on his sneakers and jacket and followed after Jaebum to his car. In the back, he could hear Jackson saying good-bye to his mother.

The brisk December wind make Jinyoung hurry into the backseat of Jaebum’s car to escape it’s cold touches. Even though it was still fall, it felt like it was winter however it matched the cold feeling Jinyoung felt ever since Mark’s death. 

Jackson quickly entered the passenger seat and as he buckled his seatbelt Jaebum shift the car into drive and drove away from his house. Jackson and Jaebum were talking but he wasn’t in the mood to be engaged in their conversation, he just stared out the window, looking into a blank space. It wasn’t till he heard the opening of a car door did he realize they had parked by mall.

“Come out Jinyoungie” Jackson whined, “We didn’t bring you here so you could stay in the car the whole time.” Jinyoung sighed at his friend whining and came out of the car. Jackson grinned at him and looped one of his arms arounds Jinyoung’s and dragged him towards the mall with Jaebum walking behind them.

Jinyoung thought that they came here to buy something but that seemed false as the couple’s attention was constantly on him and making him forget what occurred only months ago. It was admirable what they were trying to do and Jinyoung couldn’t help but feel grateful for their actions but at the same time he just couldn’t stop thinking about Mark.

After two hours of just wandering around, Jinyoung pulled away from Jackson and started heading for the exit. Jackson and Jaebum sent each other worried looks that they might’ve annoyed Jinyoung and ran after him.

“Jinyoung, where are you going?” Jaebum asked

Jinyoung sighed as he turned towards the couple, “I just want to be by myself for a little while.”

“Are you sure you don’t want company?” Jackson questioned

Jinyoung nodded his head, “Thank you for taking me out but right now I really just need to be alone”

“Do you want us to stay around to pick you up?” Jaebum asked

Jinyoung shaked his head, “Nah I’ll either take the bus or an Uber” he waved good-bye to them and started his walk alone.

Jaebum and Jackson stared at his retreating body, “Do you think he’ll be okay?” Jackson worried

Jaebum sighed as draped his arms on Jackson shoulder, “He’ll be alright, he just needs some time”

Jackson glared at Jaebum, “He’s had three months”

Jackson sighed, “Jackson-”

“I know” Jackson interrupted, “I’m just worried about him. He’s even worse than when Youngjae broke up with him.” Jaebum pulled Jackson into his chest, “You know, sometimes I blame myself”

Jaebum pulled his slightly away so he could look at him, “How? This had nothing to do with you”

“Yeah but if I hadn’t taken Jinyoung to that party. None of this would be happening.” Jackson frowned, “He said something bad was going to happen and now look how it ended up” 

Jaebum rubbed Jackson back, “Babe, you couldn’t have known this was gonna happen. All you were trying to do was cheer Jinyoung up; you were just being a good friend. But right now he just needs to some space and we’ll be there for him if he needs us.” 

Jackson nodded his head, “Thank you” he muttered. Jaebum gave Jackson a quick kiss on the cheek before taking his hand leading him back to the car.

~~~~~~

Jinyoung didn’t have a certain location in mind as he started walking but all he knew was that he wanted to be away from everyone. As grateful as he was to his friends and parents for supporting him, he just needed a moment to himself. 

For 20 minutes he just let his feet lead to wherever they wanted to go; he then accidentally bumped into a random person and saying repeatedly apologizing he realized he should start paying attention to his surroundings. Looking up and around he saw that his legs lead him to Mark’s apartment. He felt his heart race as he hasn’t been there since Mark’s death.

He slowly walked up to the door and hesitantly entered in the building. He bowed to the receptionist and went over to the elevator and pushed the up-button. As the elevator opened up and he stepped in, the elevator on the opposite side opened as well and for a moment he thought he saw a familiar brown hair but that was crazy. Last time he saw someone with a similar brown hair he ended up chasing a stranger. He definitely was not doing that again.

Moments later the door up on the seventh floor and Jinyoung took a deep breath before stepping out on the floor. He walked down the corridor and stood in front of the door, he pressed in the code and he was surprised to see that it hasn’t changed. Was the government still paying for it even after Mark’s passing?

He entered in and even the apartment was the same from the last time. He wiped a finger on the couch and thinking that after three months dust would’ve piled up on the couch but yet it was clean. After all this time someone was cleaning Mark’s apartment. But who and why? To preserve his memory? Wouldn’t his best memories be in the sea and not on land.

He looked around the apartment looking for some clue, he walked in the kitchen absently thinking some clue would be in there when he heard the front door open. His eyes widened, who could that be? The super? Would he be in trouble for being in the empty apartment? His heart and mind raced as he tried to figure out some excuse for being the apartment when he heard a familiar voice call his name.

“Jinyoung?”

Jinyoung lifted his head up and gasped at who he saw; no it’s impossible.

“Jinyoung”

He tightly closed his eyes. Am I dreaming? Is this some crazy dream? he thought.

“Jinyoung”

Jinyoung opened his eyes and before he saw Mark. Mark smiled widely and ran over and hugged, “Jinyoung, I missed you so much”

Jinyoung body went tensed when Mark hugged him and felt tears fall from his eyes, “I’m dreaming, aren’t I?” He cried

Mark away slightly and gave him a small smile as he wiped his eyes, “No baby I’m real, I’m really here” Mark kissed his cheeks before moved to his lips and gave him a light feathery kiss.

“H-How? I-I saw you get shot. I saw you fall. The police-the police-”

Mark lifted up his shirt as Jinyoung gasped saw the scars of two bullet holes on his abdomen. But the odd thing about them was that they looked to be fading, “All of that did happen but my body was carried away by the current which is why they couldn’t find me. I was half dead when I found by the mouth of the Mariana Trench.”

Jinyoung gasped, “You were that far?”

Mark nodded, “When I woke up, a month and a half had already passed. My parents was overjoyed that I was alive but livid when they found me in my condition. Thankfully the South Korean government had told them that happened which is why I was found so soon.”

“So Jackson was right” Jinyoung mumbled and then his mind analyzed his words, “So you’ve been awake since October and you’re finally coming back here in December?” He asked as he pushed away from Mark but he refused let him out of his touch.

“Baby I may have been awake but I couldn’t move. The third bullet hit my leg aka my tail. I couldn’t swim without help so I needed a lot of physical therapy. Even though our medicine is more advanced than humans some things take time.” Mark explained 

Jinyoung gasped as he tightly held Mark, “I-I didn’t know, I’m sorry. I just-it’s just all this time I thought you were dead”

Mark sighed, “I figured as much and trust me baby I wanted to come back to as soon as possible however my injury wasn’t the only thing holding me.” Jinyoung looked up at him confusion, “My parents were furious to know a human shot me and they refused for me to return to the surface.”

Jinyoung felt more tears sting his eyes, “So they do blame me” he muttered

“Oh baby they don’t blame you, they’re just upset over what happened. Parents are naturally overprotective over their kids so you can’t blame in wanting to keep me safe.” Mark defended

Jinyoung shrugged, “How did you convince them to let you leave?”

“I told them that a beautiful man was waiting for me to finish my sentence.” Mark smiled

Jinyoung blushed, “I have been wondering what you were going to say.”

“I love you Jinyoung and nothing will ever keep me loving you.”

Jinyoung gasped quietly, “I love you too” The two leaned into each other and their lips caught each other in the middle. Jinyoung moaned lightly into the kiss. He missed Mark so much, he missed his lips, his smile. “Love you so much” he muttered into his lips. Mark pulled away slightly and Jinyoung stared into his chocolate eyes, “I thought that I was never going to see you again, to hear your voice again.”

Mark shaked his head, “I’m so sorry baby. I should’ve sent my friends or someone to tell you but I wanted to be first person that talked to you.”

Jinyoung smiled, “I’m so happy that it was you.” He kissed his lips again but this time is was more intense and passionate than before. Mark knew why it was best to let Jinyoung take what he wanted. He couldn’t imagine the pain his boyfriend went through because he thought he was dead.

“Oh Nyoungie” Mark breathed

Jinyoung leaned in and kissed Mark lips one more time, “I love you” he whispered

Mark smiled and wrapped his arms around Jinyoung, “I love you too”

~~~~~~

The next morning, Jinyoung opened his eyes and saw streaming behind Mark body almost like it was making him glow. Last night the two just hugged and held each other. When the day shifted into night, they moved into the bedroom where they reintroduce their bodies to each other. They didn’t go far but it was enough for them. 

Jinyoung touched his cheeks and lightly , “It’s not dream” he whispered, “You’re really here”

Mark slowly opened his eyes, “How long are you going to think I’m just a dream?” He smiled

“I’m sorry, but every night since you got shot, I always had a dream about you but when I wake up you were gone so I can’t help but make sure you’re real” Jinyoung said sadly

Mark smile fell, “Oh Jinyoungie, I’m so sorry. You’ve been through so much”

Jinyoung snorted, “Not as much as you. You were shot”

“True” Mark shrugged and Jinyoung rolled his eyes, “But I’m sure the pain you went through was just as bad as my own”

Jinyoung laid his head on Mark’s chest, “I missed you so much Mark”

“I know baby, I missed you but I now I’m here and I’m not going anywhere” Mark said as he held onto Jinyoung tighter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As much as the couple wanted to stay in their own world it was impossible as Jackson and Jaebum constantly called and texted Jinyoung all night long. Because Jinyoung was so elated to see Mark again, he totally forgot about his friends and forgot to at least text them he was fine. But thankfully they covered for him over the night so his parents wouldn’t kill him.

Jinyoung called them to appease their worry when suddenly an idea popped in his head and he invited Jaebum and Jackson to Mark’s apartment. They were surprised to say the least he was actually there but agreed to come over. 

Within that time, Mark and Jinyoung separately showered and got dressed and Mark made Jinyoung breakfast. While eating their breakfast together, the door bell rang and Jinyoung got up to answer it.

Jinyoung smiled as he opened the door, “Jackson, Jaebum-hyung come in” he said as he moved away so they could enter in. Once they were in, Jinyoung closed the door behind him.

“Um Jinyoungie should you still be in here?” Jackson asked worriedly

Jinyoung nodded, “I haven’t got kicked out yet” he giggled

Jaebum raised an eyebrow at Jinyoung behavior, “Jinyoung are you feeling alright?”

Jinyoung was practically bouncing on the balls of his feet, “I’ve never been happier” he grinned

Jackson and Jaebum looked at each other before they looked back at Jinyoung, “Okay what the hell happened to you?”

“I would say that I happened” Mark walked over and draped his arm around Jinyoung shoulder as he kissed his cheek.

Jaebum gasped, “OH MY GOD!” Jackson screamed before he fell to the floor.

“Y-Y-You’re a-alive!” Jaebum stuttered, “How?!”

“Um shouldn’t you pick up Jackson from the floor?” Mark laughed

Jaebum looked down at Jackson, “He’ll be fine but the more importantly how the are you alive?!”

Jinyoung giggled as he went over to Jackson to slap him awake, “OOWW JINYOUNG!” Jackson opened his eyes and sat up as he looked up at Mark, “YOU’RE ALIVE?!”

Jinyoung chuckled was he went over to Mark, “Jackson use your inside voice please.”

“This is not funny. Mark-hyung we thought-” Jackson pouted

“Yes you thought I was dead. Come sit down before you probably faint again” Mark said and he and Jinyoung went over to the living room and down on the couch.

“Okay please explain” Jaebum sighed

“I was shot, two in my abdomen and one in my leg. My body was carried by the current close to the Mariana Trench where merpeople found me. I’ve been in a coma for a month and a half and the rest of the time I was in physical therapy. I had came back yesterday to see Jinyoung but imagine my surprise to see him come here first.” Mark smiled to Jinyoung as he finished explaining.

“So if you were awake why didn’t you send someone to tell us or at least Jinyoung” Jaebum began

“Jaebum-hyung-” Jinyoung frowned

“No Jinyoungie, you were a mess and you could’ve been spared with this pain months ago” Jaebum spat

Jinyoung opened his mouth to speak but Mark spoke before him, “You’re right, I should’ve but it was hard with my parents. They refused to let me or anyone out to the surface. They were afraid that there were more people like Youngjae and they refused to let others be hurt” Mark explained

Jaebum softened, “Oh”

“So are you here temporarily or for good?” Jackson wondered and Jaebum hit his shoulder and muttered a ‘what’

Jinyoung looked worriedly at Mark, “Obviously I’m here for good” he snorted and Jinyoung breathed a sigh of relief.

“What about your parents?” Jaebum wondered

“Well they want to meet the man that I’m willing to die for so they’re coming later this week” Mark shrugged

Jinyoung gasped, “Mark when the hell were you going to tell me?!”

“Now?” Mark smiled sheepishly and Jinyoung groaned.

“Glad to see you’re still the same Mark-hyung” Jackson giggled

“Oh you thought I would’ve changed?” Mark snorted

“No-”

“Yo Mark-hyung!” The door opened and slammed and the two couples saw two people enter in the apartment.

The two stopped when they spotted Jackson, Jaebum and Jinyoung, “Oh we’re sorry, we didn’t know Mark-hyung had more guests here.” The tall one bowed

“Yeah we just thought he was fooling around with Jinyoung-hyung” the other one joked

Jinyoung looked confused, “I’m sorry do I know you?”

“No but we know you, Mark-hyung told us so much about” the tall one said, “I’m Yugyeom and this is BamBam” he introduced

“BamBam is my name but I have an official other name which is too long and complicated other others so BamBam stays” BamBam smiled

“Oh okay?” Jaebum said looking questionably at Mark

“These are my friends and yes they’re mermen” Mark sighed, “Could you guys be anymore annoying?”

“Yes we could but choose not to” BamBam smiled

“Oh god they remind me of Jackson” Jinyoung whispered

“Excuse you I’m right next to you and I could hear you” Jackson frowned, “Jerk” he mumbled

“Why are you here?” Mark sighed

“The King and Queen asked us to check on you and also check the area for when they come later” Yugyeom answered

“Oh god, Mom and Dad actually made you guys do it?” Mark groaned

“Well Taecyeon-hyung is with Princess Tammy, so yeah” Yugyeom shrugged, “Are you saying we can’t?”

Mark shaked his head, “No but it seems kinda ridiculous”

“Well as long as we get paid, I’m happy” BamBam smirked

Jinyoung snorted, “What interesting friends you have, Mark”

“Well they were supposed to be my guards but they’re too crazy” Mark sighed

“Well I like them” Jackson smiled

“I figured as much” Mark mumbled

For the rest of the afternoon, the three couples talked too each other, laughed with each other and cracked jokes about each other. But the end of the afternoon Jinyoung almost killed Yugyeom. Then when BamBam and Jackson started to get close with each other, Jaebum jealously reared his ugly head out and then he almost killed BamBam till he found out BamBam and Yugyeom were a couple. However Mark smiled widely at the fact that they were bonding. 

The two couples finally left leaving Mark and Jinyoung some alone time, “You’re friends are idiots”

“Why do you think I had them stop being my guards? I can’t trust them with my life” Mark scoffed

“And yet they’re watching over your parents” Jinyoung chuckled

“Not really, they’re just checking the area which they probably had the government do but they want them to feel special or whatever” Mark rolled his eyes. Jinyoung smiled as he hugged Mark, “Baby is something wrong?”

“No I’m just happy to see you again” Jinyoung smiled

“Aww Jinyoungie, I’m happy to see you too” Mark kissed his lips and Jinyoung happily responded

“I love you”

“I love you”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Three years later ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Do you think you bought everything Jinyoung?” Jaebum chuckled as he pushed the cart

“Let’s see, toys, bassinet, clothes, bottles” Jinyoung listed

“Diapers” Jaebum interrupted

Jinyoung stopped and looked around his own cart, “Oh my god I forgot the diapers-”

“They’re in my cart, dummy” Jaebum groaned

Jinyoung frowned, “Shut up Jaebum-hyung”

“Sorry I can’t help but tease you” Jaebum laughed.

As he laughed Jinyoung phone rang, “Hey Jinyoung-hyung can you pick up some pistachio ice cream for Mark-hyung?” Yugyeom asked, “I would buy them but he’s talking about some place you always get it at and I have no idea what he’s talking about”

“Of course anything else?” Jinyoung asked as he unlocked his car

“Ummm” Yugyeom hummed while he heard Mark’s whining in the background, “Pizza, extra cheesy”

“Okay got it, pizza and ice cream. See you soon” Jinyoung smiled as he hung up.

“I’m guessing Mark-hyung is really hungry” Jaebum snorted as he started putting the stuff in Jinyoung’s car.

“Zip it hyung, as if you won’t do the same for Jackson”

“He can get his food” Jaebum scoffed

“Whatever soon you’ll be going through this” Jinyoung huffed

Jaebum scoffed “As if, my husband won’t ever be pregnant”

“And you should be blessed, can you imagine an hormonal Jackson?” Jinyoung grimaced and Jaebum cringed too thinking about it.

“Anyways” Jaebum began trying to move the conversation, “Why are you buying all of this I thought Mama and Papa Park and Tuan were shopping for things like this.”

His and Mark’s parents were ecstatic when they found out Mark was pregnant. The night when Mark met Jinyoung parent’s for the first time they were a little shell shocked to find out he wasn’t dead and then adding the news that he was a merman made them almost faint. However the real kicker that made them drop was when Jinyoung dad joked about having kids and Mark causally dropped that he could get pregnant. Not only did his parent faint but so did Jinyoung. 

“They are but babies need a lot of stuff” Jinyoung stated

“Yeah a baby needs a tickle me Elmo” Jaebum laughed

“You never know” Jinyoung muttered

“Aww Jinyoungie I was just teasing” Jaebum smiled

Jinyoung rolled his eyes as he already knew that, “Let’s go pickup Mark’s pizza and ice cream, ya joker” he said as he shoved Jaebum.

~~~~

Even after they stopped to buy the food, they beat Yugyeom, BamBam, Jackson and Mark home. Jinyoung and Jaebum carried the stuff into the house Mark’s parent’s bought for them as a wedding present. They of course were happy for the gift but they were hoping to buy it for themselves but they were grateful, never the less. 

The two dropped them all in the yellow nursery and decided later to put them all in their supposed space. Minutes later, as Jinyoung and Jaebum were talking in the living room, chaos erupted as the four nosily entered in the house. Before Jinyoung could even kiss his husband, Mark ran (waddled) to the bathroom.

BamBam laughed at him pouty face, “Don’t blame him, blame the baby” he joked

“I’m not blaming neither of them” Jinyoung snorted, “Anyways thanks for taking him out, he needed it.”

“You’re welcome but I have to say my wallet is hurting from it. That man eats like- a butterfly” Yugyeom changed whatever he as going to say when he saw Mark entered in the living room.

“What’s this about a butterfly?” Mark asked curiously

“Nothing, see ya Markie. Bye baby” Jackson waved wiggling his eyebrow as he pulled Jaebum and the maknae’s out the room and out of the house.

Mark giggled as Jinyoung looked confused, “What was that all about?”

“Oh you know how weird Jackson can be” Mark laughed. 

Jinyoung merely shrugged, “You want your food now?” He asked

Mark shaked his head, “Nah I think I ate too much today” Jinyoung smiled, he probably was going to have to pay Yugyeom back. Mark yawned, “I’m sleepy”

“Okay let’s head to bed then” Jinyoung lightly rubbed Mark’s back as he lead him to their bedroom where he helped him changed and lay down. As Mark laid down he pulled his shirt up to his chest to reveal his bulging stomach. 

Jinyoung laid down behind him massaging his back a little. As he stared at his pregnant husband, he still couldn’t believe the way his life had turned. Learning the existence of merfolk and having your lover shot by a crazy ex and said lover coming back from the dead (even though he wasn’t dead). It almost sounds like a novel.

But of course that wasn’t the end of it. Jinyoung eventually had to meet his parents and compared to what he thought. It wasn’t bad at all. The Tuans were sweet people who cared a lot for their son. When they saw just how much Mark and Jinyoung cared and loved for each other they couldn’t help but smile at the couple. His parents immediately made him call him Mama and Papa and doted on Jinyoung like he was their own son.

From then on they had no qualms about Mark going back and forth from the ocean to the surface but only that he had to be extra careful not to attract attention from others. Mark promised this and continued his life on the surface with Jinyoung. Jinyoung finished and graduate from Law school, originally he was going to be a criminal lawyer but changed it to environmental law. Mark continued being an assistant to the marine biology club who were overjoyed at the return of Mark while handling his duties. A year and a half later Mark had proposed to Jinyoung who immediately jumped at him as he yelled 'yes'. During that time Mark had been titled as Crown Prince of the North of Cascadia. 

Mark was supposed to be crowned King of the North a while ago but with the wedding planning and then the wedding and now Mark's pregnancy it was constantly being pushed back. His parents are planning to have the coronation sometime after Mark gives birth.

Jinyoung was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard Mark groan, “Baby won’t sleep?” he smiled

Mark sighed, “It’s not fair, they weren’t moving earlier and now the two of them are using my organs are their personal plaything.” Mark turned his head slightly to Jinyoung and eyed him.

“Well they have their own schedules and-” Jinyoung stopped, “Did you say the two of them?” Mark smiled sheepishly and nodded, “Oh my gosh as in twins?!” Mark nodded again. Jinyoung jumped up from the bed and started pacing as he muttered to himself, “When did you find this out?”

“Today I had an appointment” Mark said and Jinyoung looked confused, he knew all of Mark’s appointments, “I didn’t tell you about it because I wanted to surprise you.”

Jinyoung stared shocked at Mark, “Twins” he muttered as dropped himself on the bed.

Mark lifted himself and looked worriedly at Jinyoung, “Are you upset?”

Jinyoung frowned and turned to his husband, “No no no baby. I’m happy, I’m just….. shocked” he snorted. He crawled over to Mark and kissed his lips, “Trust me Mark”

Mark smiled at him, “I do Nyoungie”

Jinyoung moved himself next to Mark and kissed his temple, “I love you so much”

“I love you too” Mark mumbled

The two laid themselves next to each other and held one another, it such a perfect scene that is till a lightening strike scorched a mark on their roof, “Uh what the hell was that?” Jinyoung asked shocked

“Um” Mark smiled sheepishly, “Did I also forget to mention that the babies can use their powers?”

Jinyoung looked dumbfounded at Mark, “From the womb?” He asked and Mark nodded, “When the hell were you going to tell me this?!”