Verse Six

Maybe This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjae froze while his heart started to pound loudly, staring at the beautiful face who once made his life as beautiful as she is.

Joy was also stuck on the spot as she felt her heart running inside her chest. She was debating with herself if she should avoid Sungjae because that's what he might want after their last talk, or greet him like she desperately wants.

After thinking for a few seconds, she chose the latter, remembering the talk she had with her members.

Joy smiled at him who seems to hold a bit of a surprised look on his face. "Oppa, annyeong." She greeted, waving her hand in the process.

Seeing her hand move in front of him, Sungjae was brought back to reality more surprised of what she was doing. He gave a slight bow while keeping a straight face before he dragged his feet to their waiting room just across the room next to hers.

Irene and the rest of the BTOB members couldn't help the grin on their faces, seeing Joy's effort in making the first move.

When Joy saw them, she greeted them like old times but cringed catching Minhyuk and her Irene unnie holding hands.

"Unnieeee..I've never imagined you being clingy with any guy. This is so hard for me to get used to, too much PDA. Your cold image is totally gone." She complained, curling her fingers and receiving a slap on the arm from their leader, as the rest laughed at her comments while Minhyuk wrapped his arms around Irene's shoulders.

"Yah! Do you think you're the only one allowed to be clingy?" Irene bit back, holding her boyfriend's waist. "I am too you know. But, are you okay?"

Joy smiled at them. "Gwaenchanha. I understand oppa." She turned to BTOB and muttered. "Oppa-deuls, I like your new song so much. Fighting!"

"Thank you, Joyiah." Changsub said. They started marching to their respective waiting rooms but he and Eunkwang remained outside to talk to her.

"Joy, I know you have a reason why you did what you did, and we believe you didn't want to hurt him. We saw how much you treasured each other."

Changsub started, looking over Joy who was currently examining the floor as her eyes never left it, feeling embarrassed and sorry to Sungjae's members who treated her like their own sister.

"He's gone through so much and I know you did as well. So if you're not sure about him being in your life, please don't make him hope. We just don't want to see you both getting hurt again." Smiling, Eunkwang gave her a pat on the shoulder.

"But you know we'll all support you if you're sure about making up with him."

Joy sniffed, her eyes glassy but she didn't let her tears fall. She was just thankful Sungjae have such amazing friends.

"I know oppas, I'm sorry, to all of you, and thank you. You never fail to take care of us both even after everything I did. I'm just not sure if Sungjae oppa still wants me in his life." She smiled bitterly, remembering Sungjae's reaction the last time they spoke.

"Aigoooo..don't cry. People might say we're ganging up on you. Don't worry, I know he does, he always have." Changsub told her while laughing with Eunkwang. "I can attest to that Joyiah, I know it isn't too late for the two of you or we wouldn't be telling you this now." He laughed at his sentence before declaring that they should start preparing for practice.

"Red Velvet fighting!" Eunkwang said while pumping his fist ins the air.

Joy giggled at the twos unparalleled wits. "BTOB fighting!"

*****

Sungjae had his phone on his hand while looking at the screen but his mind was in another dimension. It was replaying the image of Joy's beautiful face when he saw her earlier and why she greeted him casually.

He was startled when the door opened loudly and looked up to see Changsub and Eunkwang entering their waiting room.

"Where have you been? Why are you the only ones who came in late?" He asked like a father who's interrogating his sons who just came home after staying out all night. The two looked at each other while shrugging.

"We went to the bathroom, pabo."

"And why are you acting like a leader, huh?"

Changsub and Eunkwang answered respectively while avoiding to make eye contact with the maknae.

Unconvinced with their answer, Sungjae eyed them suspiciously before shifting back his gaze on his phone. The two sighed in relief as they started singing which gradually changed to shouting.

The event started and the performers were called one by one while the others waited in their rooms. They watched each stage in their waiting room until it was their turn. Aft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter