Verse Five

Maybe This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few months after that talk they had, nothing changed between them, they still avoided each other. It maybe a good thing that they've only seen each other twice after that incident since their promotions have ended.

However, Joy wasn't getting any better, she became quiet and keeps to herself as the days went on and her members are already so worried.

She was still stuck on the day Sungjae and her talked. It wasn't a good memory, but it was still a memory with him.

She could still remember how warm his hand was when he held hers, and how safe she felt when she was in his arms again.

It's true that once you've got a taste again of something you've deprived yourself from for a long time, you'll end up wanting more and more of it.

Joy was in her room blanking out again, when she heard a knock before her members came in one by one. She was about to ask them why they're all gathered in her room, but Irene spoke first.

"Joyiah, until when will you be like this?"

She turned to her members with a baffled look. "Eoh? What do you mean unnie?"

"Joy, please don't hide from us. We're already like your sisters, your family. If anyone needs to know what you're going through, it's us. We're here, maybe we can't take away all your burdens but at least let us carry it with you." It was her Wendy unnie, patting her back softly.

She broke into sobs with her members concern and hugged the closest one to her, Seulgi, as everyone moved closer and joined in.

"I'm sorry unnies, Yerim-ah. I just didn't want to trouble you and I..I honestly don't know what I should do, so I kept it all in thinking it's for the best."

Seulgi shushed her while rubbing the back of her head. "I don't know how you could think of such stupid things but since you're crying, we'll let you off this time."

The girls laughed at her attempt to make the situation lighter. When they all calmed down, the girls sat in a circle and started throwing questions at Joy.

"So..Sungjae-neun?" Seulgi started and Joy stiffened at the mention of his name. "We know you two still feel the same."

"Do we? I mean..does he?" Joy asked, wanting to hear comfort from her members' words as she wasn't sure if she could still expect the same from him after the pain she caused.

Knowing her intentions, Irene smiled before answering confidently. "He does, Joyiah."

Joy saw her members nodding in agreement, making her question if there was something they'd failed to tell her. "How can you be all so sure? Wait..am I missing something?"

The ladies giggled as their eyes landed on Irene.

"Well..unnie, you should say it since it's your story to tell." Yeri pointed, covering with her hands to prevent a laugh.

The leader took a deep breath, straightened her posture and held both her hands in front. "Minhyuk oppa told me about Sungjae."

Giggles.

Joy was still processing, her eyebrows knitting . "Ah, geurae? But, why would he tel-"

"Because he's my boyfriend." Irene cut her off and the others burst out laughing.

"Mwo?!" Joy exclaimed, scanning the leader's expression and trying to make out if she was joking or if it was really true. Realizing how serious Irene was, she finally smiled and congratulated her. "This is unexpected. Since when?"

"Apparently, our unnie here has been seeing Minhyuk oppa behind our backs for the past few months." Yeri informed, still trying to contain her laughter.

"And we caught her facetiming with him one time so she confessed everything. How she liked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter