Verse One

Maybe This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thank you..for coming into my life. I'm going to miss you.." 

..so bad.

He added to himself before he breathed to keep the tears from falling, luckily, he still has little control over himself.

"Remember that I'll always support you, even if now, I'll have to do it from behind. I know you can do well, hot Joy!" A forced smile was on his face, one that didn't reach his eyes.

She was sobbing, still, and that made it harder for him to swallow the lump in his throat along with the tears. "You really like making me cry. I hate you."

But I love you.. The words he's been keeping his mouth from speaking, were being uttered by his mind.

"Coz you look pretty when you cry," he managed to ransack his brain for something to say to make her smile, and she did.

She giggled, along with a death glare. A sound he's now used to, and now something he needs to live without, at least not hearing it directly from her.

"I miss you already, oppa." Her words cut through his heart like a knife. He pulled her close and wrapped his arms around her shoulders as her tears kept on falling.

Who's gonna say those words to me now? He mentally copied the words she cried a while ago.

He was never the vocal type. Yet she was able to break down his walls, and before he knew it, he was already showing her his world.

What he didn't expect, was how she managed to change the pieces and replace it with a part of her. And now he has to live with the fact that he will never be able to reclaim that part of him that she took.

Just the thought of not being able to see her on their weekly filming is already painful enough, let alone not be able to be this close to her at all.

His heart ached, the kind he has never felt before. Great, another first time with her, another moment that needs to be shoved at the back of his mind. It was like his heart was being crushed until he can breathe no more. But despite that, he was still holding back tears.

That side of him is something he didn't want her to see, not now. She's already crying her heart out and he knows she would hurt even more if he also breaks down. He's just gonna bite the insides of his mouth as long as he can restrain the tears from falling, even if it bleeds.

"Too bad..," he sighed while trying to sound composed, but his voice failed him.

Two swollen eyes looked up to him, waiting for his next words. "If we only met at the right time."

A sad smile was drawn on her beautiful face. "Maybe..we will have our right time." She was scanning his face as if memorizing everything to keep it locked somewhere in her mind. "Oppa.."

"Hmm?"

"Would you do this again? Would you..still choose to meet me and do everything we did even if," she hesitated, "even if we'll still end up in the same place we are right now?"

His eyes lit up and he looked at her like she was the sun. He knew he'll get burned but he would still chose to stare. "Yes, Sooyoung-ah. I will always choose to meet you."

He gently brushed her hair, "I'm gonna be awkward with you at first again..and then I'd tell you my lame jokes."

Then her cheeks, "I'd take all your slaps..and then I'm gonna be romantic Yook again."

She giggled before he added. "That part though, I'm gonna speed that up a bit and do it earlier than before so you can get the full experience of my sweet side."

She let out a sad smile before tears started falling again.

"Gomawo..for everything and especially for making me really happy for the past 11 months." Her heart was breaking, she never knew loving someone could also be this painful.

She hugged him again as she heard his voice. "Nado..gomawo Sooyoung-ah." She felt his hands her back and her hair to comfort her.

How she would give anything just to rewind their moments together, but it was impossible now.

All they can do is to hold on to those memories and hope that one day, they'll get to meet again and continue writing the best chapter of their lives, together.

*****

A few years passed and it seemed like the one day they've been waiting for keeps getting farther away from being reached.

He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter