Chapter 1

Dear No One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-----

Taehyung and Jungkook are playing around inside the Monster X Genius Studio while waiting for Namjoon, who went somewhere they don't know eventhough he is the one who told them to meet them there, leaving the two of them with their 'grumpy old man' friend Yoongi.

They're playing on the black leather sofa, laughter echoing inside the studio forgetting how grumpy the person they are with as of the moment.
Which earned a threathening glare when the laughter goes louder as if it's a crowd of people partying inside not just two people conversing something only them can understand.

Yoongi sighs deeply and softens his gaze,
"Why don't you sing a song, cover a pop song or whatever decent instead of that alien conversation as if some 4D alien and the bunny from the Moon talking? That even a toddler's language is better to listen to?!" He speak in a low soothing voice but every words rode on an escalator getting higher by the end of the sentence, ending it with a greater conviction.

That shuts his dongsaengs, casting their eyes on the ground, the Studio was wrapped in an awkward silence until Taehyung cleared his throat and mumbles a "Sorry Hyung" enough for the eldest to hear.

"mmnh, just calm the down, im working here but if you sing, that's lovely to my ears." Yoongi goes back to the beat he was stuck into, he's not on a slump, it's just that he can't find the right beat for the music he's producing, he won't admit that he's on a slump, tbh.

He's not angry at his two favorite hoobaes but he won't admit that he actually love their cute alienated conversation, he wont admit it, not in his entire life, not over his dead body.

The last phrase that Yoongi says made the boys relax from their seat. Taehyung got his phone and open his Spotify app, pick a song and showed it to Jungkook.

"Sing this, Kookie-ah." Jungkook nodded and cleared his throat then Taehyung press the play button.

[I like being independent
Not so much of an investment
No one to tell me what to do

I like being by myself
Don't gotta entertain anybody else
No one to answer to.]

 

Yoongi doesn't listen to this type of music let alone a love song, but the lyrics hit him hard, like some old friend he hasn't seen in a long time, saying Hi smacking him on the back.

He hums in agreement, with Jungkook's angelic voice and with the lyrics of the song, absorbing every bit of it's verse.

[But sometimes I just want somebody to hold
Someone to give me their jacket when it's cold
Got that young love even when we're old

Yeah, sometimes I want someone to grab my hand
Pick me up, pull me close, be my man
I will love you 'til the end]

Yoongi smiles at the sight, taehyung beside Jungkook, holding his phone, banging his head as if the music is some hiphop song, but grimaces the moment the next lyrics hit his eardrums, it stings and he doesn't agree to it, not one bit of it's .

Yoongi sighs and resigns from listening to it, he goes back from his work, minding his own world, but again, just like some old friend, the song was disturbing the out of him when jungkook hit the notes of the next verse.

[So if you're out there I swear to be good to you
But I'm done lookin' for my future someone
'Cause when the time is right you'll be here,
But for now, dear No One,
This is your love song
Ooh, oh, oh]

 

" that No one, cause' there's literally NO ing ONE at all." Yoongi cussed, nope, Agust D cussed, spitting fire coated with venom rising from hell.

That just confirms Yoongi's bitterness towards love, He loves Music, he actually wrote sappy love songs but definitely won't show it to anyone, again, not over his dead body! He even plan of bringing it in his grave but ironically he don't like the idea of love, not at all!

Taehyung look at the eldest, he heard it, No matter how much he love that song, no matter how beautiful Kookie's voice, Taehyung definitely heard Yoongi.

"geez Hyung, Your bitterness put the bittergourd in shame!"
He scoffs jokingly crossing his arms on his chest. Which earned another glare from Yoongi. Taehyung paused the song but Jungkook didn't stop from singing, making Yoongi to abruptly halt of whatever he was about to spits back on Taehyung.

[I don't really like big crowds
I tend to shut people out
I like my space, yeah

But I'd love to have a soul mate
And God'll give him to me someday
And I know it'll be worth the wait,
Oh]

Jungkook dragged the last word of the verse, in a higher octave than the original song making himself choked from lacking of oxygen in his lungs. Which makes Taehyung burst into laughter and Yoongi shaking his head but his gummy smile was evident on his face.

Yoongi also, at the fursthest part of his mind was already composing verses of love song the moment he heard the word Soulmate. His other half wonders if he have one while his other half contradicts, saying there's
No one.

After a minutes of warm laughter in the room, Namjoon banged the door open.

"Guys, sorry for the wait!"
He says in a huff, sweat run down on his temples and forehead.

"yah! Joon-ah! Why did you asked them to wait in here when you're not even here to begin with?!" Grumpy Old Man Yoongi is back, Namjoon straighten his back and wiped his sweat with the back of his hand.

"geez, Hyung, stop being grumpy! That's why you're single because you're so grumpy!" Namjoon retaliates like a child to his parent. He doesn't bark at yoongi, usually just whines like some good ol' puppy.

But no one felt awkward with this conversation between Yoongi amd Namjoon, it's a usual occurrence, and normal at that. They've known each other since fetus days that's why a Grumpy Yoongi and a Childish Namjoon bickering is just a normal sight in their circle of friends.

"but Namjoon-hyung, where did you go?" it's now Kookie's time to speak, finally, a decent question, that even Yoongi almost forgot that Jungkook knows how to talk a NORMAL HUMAN TALK. not some angelic voice from heaven or some Bunny noises from the moon.
Taehyung followed suit with a hum and nodding of his head with Yoongi directing his glare back to namjoon.

"geez, spare me some rest, running from Dance department to Music is so frigging tiring."

Taehyung's and Jungkook, more like Jungshook's eyes goes big,
"Dance department?!?" says by the two youngest in unison.
"What, When did you---" Yoongi who was about to say some sarcastic line was cut off by namjoon.
"geez, don't even think that I'll dance! And I just went there because of my friend." Wow, now that's a news to everyone. Music technology, Music management, Vocals and other related majors to singing and music are the ones that Yoongi and the others knows about Namjoon's circle of friends. They didn't know anyone at the dance major, not in Yoongi's watch, except Taehyung, who's childhood friend/ bestfriend/ Brother for life is Dance major.

"So, what did you do at jiminie's?" Taehyung sometimes asks incomplete questions/sentences that they need to think of the rest part of it.

"You mean, what did Namjoon-hyung do at the dance department?" Taehyung nodded on kookie's interpretation making Yoongi release his breathe out that he doesn't remember holding on to.

"ahhhh~ that! I went to my friend, he asked me if I could compose him a song or any mixes for them to dance into. They wanna use it for the upcoming school festival, showcasing the music we produce." namjoon wiggles his eyebrows as if he just dropped a wonderful bomb.

Taehyung clap his hands and Jungkook's mouth in small "o"
Before they chorus saying WOW.
"right?!? I think it would be wonderful!"
Excalimed namjoon, but before the room could be filled with excitement, Yoongi frows his brows and says.
"I DONT WANNA MAKE A SONG FOR THEM, SPECIALLY IF THEY AT DANCING!"
the maknaes slumped their shoulder with disheartened feelings.
"but hyung!! We could try!" Namjoon says in desperate tone, He knows that Yoongi have pride in his work, He's not a top student in their department for nothing and he also know that Yoongi won't lend his 'babies' of creations to some student he doesn't know specially if they dont do justice with the beats he made.

 

"But, Hyung, please let's try?!? Pleaaaaase?!" The three pleaded on Yoongi. Specially Taehyung and Jungkook, these two are one of the lucky students that could sing the songs that Yoongi and Namjoon produced. Taehyung and Jungkook including their sunbae Jin, are one of the greatest voices That are known in the entire Music department despite the differences in years. It's not like they can't sing the song that this Monster X Genius duo produced during the festival but the thought of Having a different department showcasing their talent, dancing on their music, They really wanna see the thrill it could offer. The three stares on the eldest like some pleading puppies.

Yoongi stares back on each of them with his brows knitted and turned around, going back to his desktop.
That's when the three knows that there's no more room in conversation, not until a bulb popped on Namjoon's head, and a ding rings in his ear. He smirk and cleared his throat.

"Then, How about we checked them later?" This caught The maknaes interest, with their smiles as  up to their ears.

Yoongi turned around, looking at namjoon with a 'wtf are you talking about' face.
"Like I said, how about we checked them dance? My friend told me that they'll be practicing even after school even until evening, you know!"

Now, that makes Yoongi thinks. 'until evening?' He knew that some students only stays when needed, when they need to keep on practicing because their dance instructor prolonged the class, or when they need to keep on checking till the last minute because tomorrow will be their practical. But no, It's not the exam day, let alone a practi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter