Chp 9 “Now Is Good”

I.N.T.R.O.L.U.D.E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: “Now Is Good…”

Author: Chiiryu Jung

Date created: October 4th, 2013

Date posted: October 11th, 2013

Genre: PG

Pairing: Yunjae / YunSic

 

 

“MWO?! (WHAT?!) Are you insane?!”

 

A brunette yells in shock to his parents in the dining room, shocking the maids. He just got back home from his office when his parents call him to join the dinner immediately. Unexpectedly, the parents bring a good news for him.

 

“Kim Jaejoong, it's really not polite to shout at your mother like that,” Mr. Kim speaks in a bossy tone, glances up and down to his only son.

 

“I wasn’t shouting, Dad. I’M SCREAMING! HELLO PEOPLE, YOU WERE JUST SAYING WILL MARRY ME TO A STRANGER!” Jaejoong screams to the middle aged man and woman across the dine table.

 

“You will like him, Jae,” Mrs. Kim tries to deal with her son.

 

“Like hell I will like a stranger! And the ! He is a man!!” Jaejoong yelps and glares when a maid stares in awe. “What the are you looking at?! off!”

 

“Jaejoong, we knew you never have a girlfriend until now. And we knew you are not into girls either,” Mrs. Jung says, softly puts the napkin beside the soup spoon.

 

“Did you guys just say that I’m a gay?!” Jaejoong looks at his parents in horror.

 

Ah, let just the Author clear the situation here.

Kim Jaejoong, 29 years old, is the only son of Kims whom runs the multinational electronic company centered in Seoul. He graduated with the top marks in the university history, and also set the superior history of “Don’t-go-near-that-tempered-dude-you’ll-get-killed”. Nobody has an excuse when it comes to Kim Jaejoong. He has a look, he has a background, he has money and family fame, he has expensive cars and stunningly expensive clothes, and he has brains. The main point is his temper. HIS-BOILED-WATER-TEMPER. When you ask where is the anomaly time? Then it has no answer in Jaejoong’s case.

 

What I haven’t written yet? Ah right, his love life. It's miserable as the saddest movie you watched in the theater, alone. Because of his temper, Jaejoong is barely has a friend, much like one I-know-them and zero girlfriend. Ever. In his 29 years old self. So his parents are worrying an issue regarding The Kim’s heir because Jaejoong never bring his date home nor talking about girls. And they had a hard time assuring themselves that Jaejoong is a gay. Without ask the said man, of course. What a life, I knew right. Poor Joongie.

 

“You aren’t?” Both Mr. and Mrs. Kim shove their face forward to get close to their son, expecting a new hope.

 

“I don’t even know myself!” Jaejoong defenses.

 

“I knew this won't work out if we tell him, honey,” Mr. Kim sighs, gains a ‘Hey!’ from the man across the table.

 

“Let’s just set up a meet so they can know each other!” Mrs. Kim claps her hands excitedly.

 

[Author Chii >>  Hey, Mrs. Kim, weren’t you the one who cried when you think your son is a gay? Why you’re so happy to marry him to a man? Aish… (_ _’)]

 

“Excuse me, people!” Jaejoong clanks the fork on the wine glass. “Hey, this is my life! You should ask my opinion! Not deciding what will you guys do without my concern!”

 

“Oh, shut up, Jaejae. You definitely will LOVE him,” Mrs. Kim waves her hand and laughs a little bit too polite. “Wait till you see Krystal, she is sooo cute!”

 

“And who the is Krystal?”

 

“Your soon to be daughter, of course,” Mr. Kim smiles knowingly.

 

“Wait, wait, wait! Hold on this second,” Jaejoong puts his hands in the air. “He is a widower?! You guys for real?!”

----------------------------------------------------

And here is Jaejoong, a couple of days later, sitting beside his parents inside the Japanese restaurant’s VIP room. With a boring face. And his parents start shoving the same information again into Jaejoong’s head. God, how can he want to yell right now. He heard this very exact narration for tenth times since two days ago!

 

The narration is about Yunho’s surename, his background, his occupation, his professionalism, how Mr. Kim meets Yunho as his personal lawyer now, how Yunho lost his wife around a year ago whom Mrs. Kim classmate in cooking course last Christmas. How Mr. Kim tells Jaejoong about Yunho’s personality and about Yunho’s only a 5 years old daughter named Krystal. What he likes for lunch and such.

 

“Mom, I'm hungry. Can't I eat the croissant?!” Jaejoong whines.

 

“No, Jae. Yunho sshi will come anytime soon,” Mrs. Kim glares at her son.

 

“But he is late like…” He checks his wrist watch. “…20 minutes! Did he know I have to cancel my meeting because of this?!”

 

“Of course he doesn’t know. He is not a Doraemon,” Mr. Kim says with a flat face. “It's because he has to fetch Krystal from her playschool,”

 

“I don’t care. If he doesn’t coming in 5, I’ll be leaving,” Jaejoong folds his arms sulkily.

 

“Stop sulking like… Oh! There he is!!” Mrs. Kim stands up and waves her hands excitedly toward the entry. Jaejoong rolls his eyes. He start to think this is his mother’s rearranged remarriage not his.

 

Jaejoong darts his eyes to the new comers. This Jung Yunho guy is so tall with slender firm legs wrapped by his dark suit. On his arms there is the expressionless little girl who wears a cute yellow kindergarten uniform along with yellow wide hat. Jaejoong stares back at the big cat eyes of the little Krystal. By a mere look, Jaejoong can guess the girl doesn’t like him.

 

“Aigoo aiggooo Krystalie, how are you sweetie?” Mrs. Kim immediately takes Krystal from Yunho’s arm without the girl’s Father’s permission.

 

“I'm fine, Ahjumma Kim,” The little girl says politely with still her expressionless face.

 

“Good afternoon, Yunho sshi. It's really nice to know that you can come,” Mr. Kim shakes the man’s hand and let him sits across Jaejoong. “This is Kim Jaejoong, my only son,” both Mr. and Mrs. Jung look at Yunho’s face when he turns to look at the other man.

 

“Good afternoon, Mr. Kim. My pleasure to meet you. I'm Jung Yunho,” Yunho smiles professionally as he reaches out his hand.

 

Jaejoong smiles occasionally and nods. So his father sits side by side with Mr. Jung while his mother is having a great time offering Krystal all the sweets in the menu. They order a couple of more foods for the guests. Jaejoong glances at his side. His mother clearly in love with this Jung’s kid. He was about to start eating when his father and Yunho’s conversation flows in his ears.

 

“So how has it been?” Mr. Jung thanks the waiters who served the new orders. “You must be lonely, Yunho sshi,”

 

“Pardon me?” Yunho smiles puzzled.

 

“It's been one year since Jessica sshi’s accident, right?” Mrs. Kim joins the conversation with a sad face. Jaejoong glances secretly to the Lawyer. “I'm so sorry for her, what a lovely Lady,” Mrs. Kim turns to look at the little girl beside her and caresses Krystal black hair.

 

“Aah,” Yunho nods as he smiles to his plate. “Yes, it's been a year,”

 

“It must be though for you as time pass by, Yunho sshi,” Mr. Kim hits Yunho’s shoulder softly. “Don’t you think about looking for a new wife?” Mr. Kim gives a hint to Mrs. Kim to start their operation.

 

“Right, Yunho sshi. Maybe Krystal’s new Mother,” Mrs. Kim plays along. “Right, Krystallie?”

 

Both Jaejoong and Krystal look up to Yunho.

 

“Thank you for your concern for me and my daughter, Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim,” Yunho laughs. “But I think me and Krystal are doing great until now. Aren’t we, Krystalie?” Yunho leans forward to the table and smiles to his daughter.

 

“Eung. Krystal will be Eomma’s replace. Krystal will marry Appa once Krystal got taller,” The five years old girl speaks with flat expression.

 

“Mwo?” Jaejoong’s jaw gaps open while Yunho laughs at his daughter’s remark. “Yah, you can't marry your own Father,” Jaejoong says informally to the kid.

 

Krystal looks up. “Waeyo? (Why?)”

 

“Because he is your father, of course. He should marry your mother,” Jaejoong retorts stupidly. Well, how he supposed to explain. Dealing with kids is really Jaejoong’s weakness. While Mrs. Kim shoots Jaejoong with glares, Mr. Kim sees the chance.

 

“Why don’t you try to be the one, Jae?”

 

Yunho turns his head to his client while Jaejoong stares at his father in shock. The little Krystal takes the fork and munches the pineapple, stares at the elders uninterestedly.

 

“Pardon me, but… What that’s supposed to mean, Mr. Kim?” Yunho laughs with frowns on his handsome face.

 

“Ooo…. Now I took a closer look, you guys fit perfectly together~” Mrs. Kim cooed.

 

“What?!” Yunho blinks in surprise.

 

“Mom!” Jaejoong yelps.

 

“Who is this ahjumma, Appa?” Krystal mumbles to her still-in-shock Father.

 

“Ahjumma?!” Jaejoong turns to the little girl in yellow uniform beside him. “You little rascal! I'm a man, you know!”

 

“Kim Jaejoong! Watch what you are saying!” Mr. Kim fidgets uncomfortably beside the girl’s father.

 

Krystal scans Jaejoong from head to toe and Jaejoong never felt this humiliated just by a stare a little girl gave him. “…You will marry Krystalie’s Appa?”

 

“Yes, Krystalie. You can call this Oppa as “Eomma” from now on,” Mrs. Kim snuggles to Krystal’s yellow hat.

 

“What?! NO!” Jaejoong is going to jump on his mother and shuts her giggle while his father tries to bring Yunho back to the world.

 

The rest of the lunch time was a little bit too awkward because after the little incident, now both Jung and his daughter knew that both Mr. and Mrs. Kim were setting an eye for Yunho and Jaejoong arranged marriage. The raven pouty boys also realize the glances were thrown at him and somehow he can't say he hates it because everytime he catches Yunho glancing at him the latter will avert his eyes elsewhere nervously. And to be his own shock, Jaejoong has to admit that the Lawyer is quite attractive.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong is walking lazily as he picks up the gochujang sauce. He is in the department store, shopping the groceries and foods supply for another week because he lives in his own apartment. He is about to compare the two bottle sauces when he just realized eyes on him.

 

“Yah! You scared me to death!” Jaejoong yells at the little girl who stares at him quietly. “Why the are you standing there with no sound and just staring at me? Ugh that’s creepy,”

 

“Appa is looking for Bear and Bunny chocochips for Krystalie,” Krystal says flatly. She stands silently a couple feet from Jaejoong’s trolley, stares at Jaejoong from under her big pink ribbon.

 

Jaejoong tenses. Yunho is also here? “U, um… you are with your father? You can't go alone without him…” unconsciously Jaejoong looks around. “What are you doing here? Go back to your father,”

 

“Krystalie wants to help Appa find the Bear and Bunny chocochips,” She just her lower lips when Jaejoong scrunches down in front of him. “But Krystalie forgot where the stand is and doesn’t remember where Appa goes…”

 

Jaejoong is looking curiously at the little girl and amused because the girl has no sign that she scared and want to cry. Instead, she puts the cold expression. A girl at her age is trying to hold her emotion. Jaejoong smiles without him knowing it.

 

“Oppa is gonna help you. Don’t worry,” he stands straight on his feet and takes Krystal’s little hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter