Chapter 02

Indebted

Yoongi woke up the next morning, pleasantly surprised to not have a hangover. “Looks like Tae wasn’t kidding about that new alcohol.” He said as he stretched before making his way into the bathroom. Not only was it specially brewed specifically for demons as normal alcohol wouldn’t get them drunk, only tipsy at best, but Taehyung had also claimed that it was brewed to not give the drinker a hangover the next day.

 

As he was washing his hands, he caught a glimpse of the small mark on his wrist. He stared at the mark, as if his glare would make it disappear from his skin. When his glaring proved to be ineffective, he turned off the tap with a little more force than necessary and made his way back into his bedroom and grabbed his phone. “I didn’t even get her name.” he mumbled as he looked up his call log. The last call was from her and he had decided to name her as ‘debt’ in his anger the night before. He felt a small pang of guilt but it disappeared just as quickly as it had appeared. “Screw this.” He muttered as he made his way into the kitchen, determined to get on with his day like nothing had happened.

 

 

 

She sighed as she stared at the mark on her wrist. “I’m going to get in so much trouble if my boss sees this.” She muttered to herself as she carefully pulled her watch down to cover the mark, she then pulled her sleeve down to make sure that it was properly hidden. She plastered a smile onto her face as a customer approached her. “Good morning! Can I take your order?” she asked as she pushed away all thoughts of demons and favours, instead focusing on her work and praying her manager wouldn’t see the mark.

 

 

 

For the full day, Yoongi had been irritable. By lunchtime, a dull ache had started radiating out from the mark on his wrist. He had been able to ignore it at first, but as the day went on, it was getting harder for him to ignore. It was like a faint itch that you can’t scratch. More than once he and pulled her number up on her phone, ready to call her and demand that she think of some way for him to repay her, but each time he managed to talk himself out of it at the last moment. “There must be some other way to get rid of this stupid mark.” He muttered to himself as he pulled down his sleeve to cover it.

 

 

Unlike Yoongi, she hadn’t felt anything from the mark. She breathed a sigh of relief when she finished her shift at the café, glad that no one had noticed the mark. She knew her boss didn’t hire anyone with visible tattoos, and there no way she could tell him that she had a demon mark on her wrist. She walked down the street, gazing at the mark on her wrist. She ran her fingers over it, her skin feeling as smooth as it had before the mark had appeared on her skin. She shook her head and stuck her hands into her pockets. “Whatever. Hopefully it will just go away on its own.” She said as she headed home to get changed before heading out to her second job.

 

 

Yoongi sat by the bar in his club once again, this time he wasn’t interested in any of the women who flirted with him. He spoke with the dark haired bartender who had been working the night before. “Is the alcohol Tae found that good?” he asked curiously. Yoongi nodded, “Yeah, he found a good one this time.” Yoongi said as he sipped at a glass of the shimmering liquid. “Well, it couldn’t be any worse than the last stuff he found.” He said with a shake of his head. Yoongi grinned at the younger man, “Come on now Kookie, don’t be like that. I think you suited the pink.” Jungkook glared at the older man. “My hair turned pink for an entire month.” He grumbled. “What kind of side effect is that?” he grumbled as he wiped the bar in front of him. Yoongi let out another chuckle as their singer for that night announced herself.

 

Jungkook cheered loudly, sticking his fingers in his mouth to whistle. Yoongi's eyebrow quirked up at the younger boy. “Looks like you're a fan?” he asked. Jungkook nodded. “Yeah, she’s sang in here a few times before, she’s pretty good.” He said, his eyes never leaving the stage. Yoongi spun around in his stool, his eyes landing on the girl from the night before as she started to sing. “No way.” he muttered as she sang along with the fast paced song, the whole club dancing and singing along with her. He watched her as she performed, he had to admit that Jungkook had been right, she was pretty good. The entire club cheered as she finished up her set, almost all of them begging for more.

 

She made her way through the crowd, shaking some people’s hands and refusing drinks from others. She finally made it to the bar and Jungkook slid a ready-made cocktail over the bar to her. “Thanks, Jungkook!” she shouted over the music which had started back up behind them. He smiled at her, “No problem, Soo Jin nuna! You were great!” he said as he gave her a thumbs up before moving on to serve another customer. She smiled at the younger boy’s praise before taking a sip of her drink. “Perfect as always.” She said to herself as she took another sip.

 

Yoongi slid off of his barstool and made his way up to her side. “Hey.” He said in greeting, she turned to him, her smile faltering a little when her gaze landed on him. “You. What are you doing here?” she asked curiously. He smirked at her as he leant back against the bar. “I own this place.” He said nonchalantly as if he was saying that he owned something commonplace and ordinary like a pair of shoes and not an entire club. “You own this place?” she asked incredulously as she gestured around them. He nodded at her, his smirk still on his face. “Why do you look so shocked?” he asked. She took in his plain white t-shirt, ripped jeans and boots. “You don’t look like someone who owns a club.” She finally said.

 

He chuckled and leaned in closer to her, “And how exactly does someone that owns a club look like?” he asked. She opened to answer but faltered. “I suppose I don’t know.” She said as she took a sip of her drink. He smirked at her again before turning to rest his elbows on the bar beside her. He was standing so close to her that their arms were touching so that she could hear him over the music. “Have you thought of a way for me to repay you yet?” he asked. She shook her head, “No, but isn’t there some way we could null the deal? I mean you said yourself that you apparently didn’t need saving, so is there a way to cancel it?” she asked.

 

He shook his head. “I've been asking around and we’re stuck with them until I do you a favour.” He said, his gaze never leaving her. She stared at her drink, lost in thought as she twirled her straw between her fingers. Finally, she spoke. “So I know that we got our marks because I saved your life.” She said, ignoring his glare, knowing that he wanted to protest that he hadn’t needed her help. “But does that mean that the favour you do for me has to be as dramatic as that? What I mean is, do you need to save my life or something like that?” she asked, hoping that she wouldn’t need to put herself into some sort of danger just to get out of this deal.

 

He shook his head. “I don’t think it has to be that dramatic. All I know is that I need to do you a favour and the contract will be fulfilled.” He said, hoping that she had come up with an idea. She hesitated for a few seconds, gently biting her bottom lip as she thought over her idea. “So… would helping me move house count as a favour?” she asked. He gave her a deadpan look. “You cannot be serious.” He said. “What?” She asked. “I have a lot of heavy furniture to move and it’s going to be a nightmare to do it myself!” she protested. “Haven’t you ever heard of a moving company?” he asked, shaking his head and picking up his glass.

 

“They're super expensive.” She muttered, her gaze returning to her glass, feeling a little dejected that he had turned down her idea. “I already have a van sorted, my friend was supposed to help me but he called me earlier to tell me he broke his ankle this morning.” She let out a sigh, once again twisting her straw between her fingers. “I guess it was a stupid idea.” She mumbled, almost too quietly for Yoongi to hear over the loud music. He studied the girl in front of him and sighed loudly. “I must be crazy.” He mumbled before downing his drink and nudging her to get her attention. “When and where?”