Chapter 16 (Final)

Indebted

Soo Jin pulled her hand from Yoongi's and threw them around his neck, pulling him into a deep kiss. Yoongi froze as Soo Jin’s lips connected with his for the first time. The first two seconds of the kiss felt like a lifetime before he finally came to his senses and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her flush against his body as he finally responded to her kiss.

 

Yoongi pulled back, a huge grin painted on his face. “Soo Jin…” he said, completely in shock from the sudden kiss. She smiled at him, pressing a quick peck against her lips. “If you had only treated me that way because of the mark I wouldn’t have been able to stand it.” She admitted, her arms still around his neck, playing with the hair at the nape of his neck. “I needed to find out if you had been so nice to me because you truly wanted to or if you had been compelled to do it because of the mark.”

 

Yoongi smiled and pressed a kiss to her forehead, inhaling the gentle scent of spring flowers which was almost overwhelming his senses. “My feelings are my own. The mark was formed because of my feelings for you. Think of it as love at first sight.” He said, slightly embarrassed by his cheesy choice of words. Soo Jin laughed and moved her arms to wrap around his waist, burying her head into his shoulder. Yoongi wrapped his arms around her shoulders, resting his head on top of hers.

 

“Yoongi?” she said after they had been hugging in silence for a few minutes. “Yeah?” he said, pulling away from her, just far enough to see her face. “I love you too.” She said, a smile on her face. Yoongi chuckled, his hand moving up to cup her cheek as he once again pressed his lips against her in a breath-taking kiss.

 

 

Two days after their confession by the river, Yoongi took Soo Jin out for their first, real date.

 

“Oh my god, Yoongi! This is amazing!” Soo Jin said as she ran into the field in front of her. “I’ve never seen so many different types of flowers before.” She said as she spun in a circle, her arms outstretched. Yoongi snapped a couple of photos of her, a smile on his face which had been there since their confession two days before. “You don’t think it’s too cheesy?” he asked, feeling a little embarrassed. “Maybe we should have gone to a fancy restaurant or an amusement park?” he asked, worried that she would have preferred a more traditional first date.

 

“Yoongi. This is perfect.” She said, practically glowing with happiness. Yoongi smiled and let his camera hang from his neck as he followed her out into the field. He stopped in front of her, happiness radiating out of her. He lifted up a flower and gently put it behind her ear. Her hand raised, her fingers brushing over the delicate petals. “I know it may sound cliché, but you really are more beautiful than every flower here.” He said, his voice warm and full of love. A faint blush tinted her cheeks as she linked arms with him, resting her head against his shoulder, making sure her flower didn’t get dislodged.

 

They walked through the field, chatting, chasing each other and taking photos until Soo Jin’s stomach rumbled. Yoongi led her back to his car, a smug smile on his face as he opened the boot of his car to reveal a picnic basket. “You prepared a picnic?” she asked, surprised by her boyfriend’s act. Yoongi laughed, “Of course. You didn’t think I was the type to be unprepared did you? Don’t forget, I’m Min Yoongi.” He teased as he took out the basket and a blanket.

 

Soo Jin burst out laughing as he closed the boot. “What’s so funny?” he asked. “You left the price tag on the basket, and on the blanket.” She said, holding up the small plastic tag attached to the blanket. Yoongi mumbled a curse. “Shut up. I’ve never needed a picnic basket or anything like this before.” Soo Jin chuckled and took the blanket from him, pressing a kiss to his cheek. “I think it’s really sweet.” She said as he took her hand in his and they wandered back into the field so find somewhere to eat.

 

 

“So… I was wondering.” Soo Jin said as she picked at the sandwich Yoongi had given her. “How does one claim their mate?” she asked curiously. She watched as a slight tint appeared on Yoongi’s face. “Yeah, about that…” he said, letting out a nervous chuckle. “We kinda did it already.” He said. Soo Jin almost choked on her food. “Wait you mean when we…”

 

Yoongi burst out laughing, knowing what she was thinking. He tapped her playfully on the forehead. “Not that, you ert. Our first kiss. That’s how one claims their mate.” He said, enjoying the embarrassed look on her face. “A kiss? That’s all it was?” she asked. Yoongi nodded, “It was as simple as that.” He said as he slipped his hand into hers. She smiled as he leant forward, giving him a quick peck. “I love you.” She said. Yoongi smiled back at her, his free hand reaching out to cup her cheek. “I love you too.”

 

They stayed in the field until sunset, watching the sky fade from brilliant blue to orange, red and gold. Yoongi drove them home, both of them singing along loudly to the stereo, neither of them caring that they sounded awful.

 

 

When they got back home, they put on a movie, Yoongi only making it to ten minutes in before he lay down, his head in Soo Jin’s lap. Soo Jin played with his hair, enjoying exposing the subtle green highlights in his hair. “So, I’ve never really asked you about it, but you're an earth demon, right?” she asked. Yoongi tore his gaze away from the movie to look up at her. “Yeah, that’s right.” He said. “So what does that actually mean?”

 

Yoongi shifted his position so that he was on his back, making it easier to look up at her. “Well, to be honest. Most demons don’t have much magic anymore. The bloodlines have been diluted so much that apart from the link to your element, there's not much else we can do.” He said. Soo Jin nodded then mock pouted. “So you mean you can’t fly? Or turn into an animal or something? How boring!” she said playfully. Yoongi chuckled at her. “No, I can’t do anything like that. However, I can do this.” He said as a wildflower the same as the one that he had put behind her ear earlier that day grew in his hand. She gasped in shock, “Oh my god.” She said as she took the flower from him, inhaling its sweet scent. “That is so cool.”

 

Yoongi chuckled. “I never thought that being able to make flowers grow would ever come in handy.” He said. Soo Jin gave him a disbelieving look. “Come on, there's no way you’ve never used this as a pick up line. Passing it off as a magic trick or something.” She teased. Yoongi laughed at the accusation, “I never even thought of that!” he said with a chuckle. “I’ll need to keep that in mind.”

 

“Yah!” Soo Jin yelled as she slapped his arm. “Are you saying that you're going to go and pick up other girls?” she asked, a pout on her lips. Yoongi sat up and took her free hand into his. “I’m only ever gonna use this to impress one girl.” He said, her heart instantly melting. “You’re so cheesy.” She whined. Yoongi chuckled, “I know, but you love me.” he said as he leant upwards, capturing her lips with his own.

 

 

 

 

One year later

 

Yoongi and Soo Jin returned to the spot at the river where they had both confessed their love. Their fingers were intertwined as they walked along the riverbank. “Can you believe it’s been a year since then?” Soo Jin asked, knowing that she didn’t need to explain any further as they stopped to watch the sunset. Yoongi moved behind her, wrapping his arms around her shoulders, pressing a kiss to her cheek. “I know. Its flown by.” He replied.

 

“Did you ever think we’d end up like this that first day when I saved you?” she asked. Yoongi chuckled, the sound deep and comforting. “No.” he admitted honestly. “But thank you for being there that night. Thank you for saving me even if, you know, I didn’t actually need saving or anything and thank you for coming into my life.” He said as Soo Jin spun around in his arms to face him, wrapping her arms around his waist, a happy smile on her face. “Thank you for letting me save you, especially because you totally needed it and thank you for coming into my life.” She said as she snuggled in against his chest, “Thank you for showing me that love at first sight is true. I’m the luckiest woman to be with you.”

 

Yoongi chuckled, “Yeah, you are.” He said cockily. “But I’m also the luckiest guy on earth to have met someone as amazing as you.” He said as he tilted her head up before claiming her lips in a kiss that made the sunset, the river and everything else around them seem to fade away, both of their marks shimmering against their wrists in the fading light of day.