Beautiful Angel

Moonlight & Sunshine (MoonSun's One-Shot Collection)

Hey,

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful angel,

Love your imperfections, every angle,

Tomorrow comes and goes before you know,

So I just had to let you know.

 

The way that dress fall off you is amazing,

Love a miracle, a beautiful creation,

Baby, come a little closer, let me taste it,

You came a little closer, now you're shaking.


Never ever gon' mislead you,

Don't believe the lies they feed you,

Stop and stare like a sculpture,

Painted in your colours,

Beautiful, beautiful life right now,

Beautiful, beautiful night right now,

Beautiful, beautiful by my side right now.

"Beautiful // Bazzi"

_______________________________________________________

Yongsun used to be that one chubby little girl who just wants to be friend with anyone she comes cross to. No matter who it is, she will puts a smile on her face and greets the person with a sing-song voice. Every time that happens, her eyes will twinkle so bright, that all stars on the sky can’t even beat to it. Every boys, heck, even every girls told her she looks so cute with her chubby cheeks and her short strawberry pink hair.

 

Once, her crush had complimented her. “Your smile is very beautiful, Yongsun.” And gave her the brightest smile she has ever seen. And since that day, Yongsun just can’t stop smiling every single day. Even though other kids would tell her she looks crazy for doing so, but Yongsun doesn’t care about it even for a single bit.

 

Because she was like those typical girls who are in love.

 

So then, when she came face-to-face with the infamous Moon Byulyi in school, her views about everything changed completely.

 

That she knew, not everything that people say to her is true.

 

“Hey, you.”

 

Yongsun turned around to face a girl who is a few centimetres taller than her and has long jet black hair. The girl showed no emotions on her face and the pair of her hazel eyes stared sharply right into Yongsun’s ones. Nonetheless, Yongsun still threw her signature smile to the unknown girl.

 

Yongsun averted her eyes then to look at the girl’s appearance, and it successfully made her a bit shaking. The girl was wearing a black sleeveless tee with a huge skull’s head printed on it and a pair of plain blue jeans. The sight that frightened Yongsun the most was all that dripping blood on the girl’s right hand.

 

Yongsun looked at the girl with a face showed nothing but concern. “You hurt your hand! Let’s go to the clinic.”

 

Yongsun thought she always does the right thing. She just wanted to be kind and does a good deed to someone who is in need, just like how her mom always advised her, but she didn’t expect her kindness will be rejected. Worst, Yongsun doesn’t receive any thank you nor even a little smile, but just some spiteful words right to her face.

 

“Your smile look... so– so ugly! I hate it! Get away from me!”

 

Yongsun fell onto the ground after the girl suddenly pushed her hard before she ran away and disappeared from Yongsun’s sight. Still utterly clueless, Yongsun can’t even process whatever that just happened at that moment. But then, when finally she noticed some kids started staring and laughing at her, something just snapped inside of her. Yongsun can’t even feel the pain that she supposed to feel as the feeling of embarrassment engulfed her completely.

 

From the corner of her eyes, she saw her so-called crush stood among the crowd of kids that were surrounding her, doing just the same thing like all those kids did.

 

From that day after, her smile started to falter little by little.

 

===

 

A few weeks later, Yongsun met the girl again.

 

Yongsun thought about ignoring her but she just couldn’t when the girl looked completely in trouble with her dishevelled hair and bruises all over her face and arms. Yongsun stopped several feet away from the girl as she still has those insecurities to get any closer to the girl.

 

“A- Are you okay?”, Yongsun asked her carefully.

 

And the girl glared at Yongsun with her fuming eyes. “Do I look like I’m okay?!”

 

Yongsun swore she had her whole body shaking like crazy when the girl walked closer to her until she can feel the girl’s breathing over her skin. But Yongsun just felt her heart crashing down when the girl whispered to her ear, saying hateful words to her once again.

 

“I hate you, so don’t ever think of showing up in front of me again–”

 

“Moon Byulyi!”

 

The girl’s words got cut off after some boys shouted her name from behind. Byulyi spent no time as she slightly pushed Yongsun away and ran away from there, with some angry boys running after her from behind. Yongsun stood there for a few minutes wondering what she had done to receive such hate from the girl.

 

And started from that day and so on, Yongsun never see Byulyi again.

 

===

 

18 years later

 

“Congratulations, Miss Moon!”

 

Everyone is celebrating with a bottle of alcohol in hand and their faces flush in red, already drown by the effect of the drink. Meanwhile for the woman to be celebrated, she just rather sits alone at the corner with a glass of orange juice, watching her employees getting crazy and lost in their own world on the dance floor. Sometimes, her lips will curve into a smile every time something funny caught her eyes.

 

“Miss, is this seat available?”

 

Byulyi snapped from her train of thoughts after a soft female voice echoed right beside her ear. She turned her head to the left, her eyes stopped and stared at the unfamiliar face for a little while. For a few minutes of silence, Byulyi just couldn’t utter a single word as she still wonders whether she is looking at a human-being or an angel that just comes out straight from a painting.

 

The said female just stands there with quirking eyebrows, waiting for the answer she needed from Byulyi. Maybe she feels like it will takes eternity to finally have a proper word comes out from Byulyi’s mouth, that the female waved her hand in front of Byulyi’s face – and finally, Byulyi came back to reality after a short-lived daydream.

 

The female gave a warm smile to Byulyi. “Are you alright?”

 

Byulyi hesitatingly nodding her head, just like she actually wanting to tell the female that she is not fine. “I- I’m okay!” Byulyi realized how stupid she might looks right now when she gave the female her usual greasy grin. At the back of her mind, she was thinking to slap her face a few times, giving some sense to herself, but she holds the urge and acts as cool as possible in front of the female.

 

Byulyi scoots a little bit further, giving some space for the female to sit beside her. “Just sit beside me. I’m all alone here.”

 

The female quickly sits beside Byulyi and said her thanks. And just as they sits together closely, Byulyi feels her lungs stop functioning when the female’s perfume hit right into her nose, intoxicating her brain.

 

“Wh- What’s your name, miss?”

 

That question just came flawlessly out of . Byulyi doesn’t notice that cold sweat started trickling down from her forehead, so she picks up the glass of orange juice and sips it carefully. But she didn’t knowledge why she just spat her juice back; either because she’s not being careful enough or because the moment when the female answered her question.

 

“Kim Yongsun.”

 

Byulyi feels like she loses the ability to breathe properly again as busies choking herself to death. The female – Yongsun watches her in terror. Like an alarm, Yongsun scoots closer to Byulyi and puts a hand on Byulyi’s back, trying to calm her down. But little did the latter knows, that action just adds more struggle for Byulyi to relax.

 

“Are you okay? Should I bring you to the clinic?”

 

“You hurt your hand! Let’s go to the clinic.”

 

Byulyi feels like she is having a deja vu now. The way this Yongsun asking her out of concern just the same like Yongsun she knew 18 years ago. Well 18 years doesn’t mean anything – if Byulyi still keeps that bitter memories in her mind.

 

Byulyi decided to run away from there as the thought of just staying there with the other woman beside her will lead her to never ending suffocation.

 

Sadly, Byulyi realizes that she has used to always run away like a coward from the very first time.

 

===

 

“Miss Moon, there’s a woman wanting to see you.”

 

The young CEO lifts up her head to look at her personal assistant, Wheein, giving her a huge grin like she just won a lottery. Byulyi has her eyebrows quirk as she wonders why the shorter woman in front of her looking so intriguingly happy.

 

“Actually–” Wheein heaves in a deep breath before letting it all out so calmly. “–she’s not just a woman, she is my second cousin.”

 

The frown on Byulyi’s face grow deeper. “What?”

 

The fact that her boss is still having no clue what she is talking about, Wheein still smiles and explains more. “I mean, she is my second older cousin from my mother’s side and my first cousin is–”

 

“Okay, okay!” Byulyi quickly stops the short-haired woman from blabbering more as she already feels her head spinning with all this first and second cousin thingy. Byulyi heaved out a sigh and looks at her assistant back with a calm face. “So, why this second cousin of yours comes here for, Jung Wheein?”

 

Wheein still keeps that same grin on her face. “She just opened a fashion boutique around this area about a week ago, so she would like to ask some sponsorship from our company for her boutique’s official launching event.”

 

Byulyi noted it down on a small notepad that she kept on her desk. Then, she asked Wheein to give more details about her cousin’s boutique and listened attentively to it. Despite of wishing to keep a good reputation for herself and her company, Byulyi would never turn down anyone who wants to ask for helps from her. And it just one of Byulyi’s nature to help business starters because she has this deep passion on business world.

 

That’s what makes Byulyi’s now and Byulyi’s then different. She thinks and acts more responsible and matured now compared to back then.

 

“And Miss Moon, she is one hot single woman and I can guarantee you will drop your pants off if you lay your eyes on her–”

 

“Woah, stop right there!” Byulyi quickly stops the other woman from keeps on talking about more unnecessary things. In a split second, she couldn’t help to feel bad when the poor assistant has her face falls like she was hurt to get cut off by the young CEO. Byulyi scratches her nape awkwardly and sighed, thinking how she can handle this situation without flipping her desk over. “Okay, just ask her to come in now.”

 

Wheein just clapped her hands like a seal before heads out of the door so happy-go-lucky. And that caused the CEO to let out a hearty chuckle looking at how fast the young assistant can change her mood. About several minutes of waiting while continuing doing her unfinished work, Byulyi lifts up her head back as the door of her room has been opened from outside once again.

 

And she just couldn’t believe who her eyes just lay onto.

 

“Good morning.”

 

The soft voice rang into her ears again and Byulyi feels herself becoming paralyzed little by little. As the woman walks closer to her desk, her heart just thumping louder than it normally does until she can hear it almost jumps out of her chest.

 

“Oh, it’s you!”

 

The woman – Yongsun stares at her with a face full of enthusiasm like she is a mouth-watering cotton candy and it caused her to blush a little bit. And again, like a signal, Byulyi feels herself getting suffocated again and without any explanation, she just voiced out.

 

“I- I agree to give s- some sponsorship for you!”

 

Yongsun was clearly shocked with that so she quickly questioned the CEO. “How come that fast? I’m not even propose anything yet–”

 

“Your cousin has told me everything!” Byulyi quickly cut her off so she can stop this feeling of suffocation again. Just as that, she stands up from her chair and plans to walk out from there to take some fresh air. But not until the cause of her suffocation suddenly pulled her hand from behind, and Byulyi feels herself struggling to breathe.

 

“Wait, I want to ask some more questions–”

 

Byulyi doesn’t mean to be rude, but she just had the urge to pull her hand back from the woman’s grip. “Y- You can ask your cousin. Have a nice day!”

 

And again, she ran away.

 

===

 

Byulyi walks into the pantry to make some coffee for herself. That day has been really exhausting for her because she had to keep going from one place to another to meet her clients. Right on 4:35 p.m., she finally back to her office looking so worn out and a cup coffee might help her a little bit.

 

Just as she about to bring the cup of black coffee to , her assistant walks into the pantry with a flat smile on her lips. Byulyi puts the cup down and gives attention to the shorter woman with all the remaining energy she has.

 

“Miss Moon, did you forget something?”

 

Byulyi slightly groans to the young assistant and leans against a cabinet there like her soul has been snatched away from her life. “No! I have did everything I needed to do today. What’s more?” Byulyi covers her eyes and whines like a little kid who was forced to go to school on weekends.

 

Wheein has already used to this side of her boss, so she isn’t so mind about it. Instead, she looks at the CEO disbelief. “It’s my cousin’s boutique’s launching event today!”

 

As soon as those words came out like machine gun from Wheein’s mouth, Byulyi just abruptly stands up straight and stares at the young assistant looking confused. “What? It’s today?”, she asked like a forgetful person.

 

Wheein has both of her hands on both of her cheeks and agapes, like the main character of ‘Home Alone’. “You forgot!”, she softly screamed out of surprise.

 

Byulyi heaved a very heavy sigh as she realized what she needs to encounter with if she decides to go there. “Um, can you just replace my spot? She is your... second cousin though.”

 

Wheein shakes her head to refuse the request. She stares longingly at Byulyi when the young CEO gave her cute puppy eyes, which unfortunately didn’t work on Wheein. “No, no and no. You are the one who have to present your own company and go there, Miss Moon!”

 

Somehow, it became a question who is the actual CEO there. And Byulyi has no other choices.

 

===

 

“With that, I happily announce that ‘Sunrise Couture’ is open for business!”

 

As soon after Kim Yongsun ended her speech, all the guests give her a very big round of applause. It brings a smile to her face seeing a lot of people to spend some time presenting on the official launching event of her fashion boutique. She observes one by one of the people there but didn’t find that certain person she is looking for. Yongsun guess maybe that is not her lucky day to meet that young CEO – or maybe she was just too early to make a conclusion.

 

From afar, she can see the woman she has been waiting for just walks into the boutique through the main door. Byulyi is wearing this one complete navy blue suit with tie, looking cool as ever. Yongsun can’t hide the smile that feels like to burst on her lips sooner, so she slowly makes her way to the said CEO.

 

Byulyi was too calm at first but then the familiar panicking alarm attacking her again when she saw Kim Yongsun is walking towards her direction. That just gives some hard time for Byulyi to at least stay still on her place, because now she is looking like someone who tries to hold a bladder issue.

 

“Hi, Miss Moon. I have been waiting for you!”

 

‘Why would you wait for me?’

 

“Welcome to my boutique!”

 

‘But why am I becoming a nervous freak over here?’

 

“Are you alright?”

 

‘I’m not–’

 

Byulyi keeps her composure back and nodding her head nervously. “Um, I- I am okay. This boutique l- looks so elegant and beautiful.”

 

‘Just like you.’

 

Yongsun gives her a very sweet smile that can make her melts like ice-cream on a hot sunny day. “Thank you. I’m fluttered.”

 

Byulyi was speechless for a few minutes as those old memories came barging inside her mind again. And just like that, the feelings of guilty and regret engulfing her. She needs to say all the things she supposed to say right now. It just now or never.

 

She tries to gain some courage by taking a very deep breath, when finally she feels convincing, Byulyi takes one of Yongsun’s hands into hers without any warning. Yongsun has both of her eyes widen as she stares at the other woman, waiting for what she’s about to say.

 

“Can we talk at somewhere else for a bit?”

 

===

 

They walk a little bit far from the boutique and arrived at a park nearby. Byulyi invites Yongsun to sit together at one of the benches, enjoying the greenish scenery there. Byulyi still thinking to herself what is the best word to start the conversation with. The fact that Yongsun still keeps quiet beside her; maybe waiting for her to start saying something; rises her nerve for a bit.

 

Heaving out a last deep breath, Byulyi keeps her mind straight and finally voicing out. “Actually, I have a confession to tell you.”

 

From the corner of her eyes, she saw some glint of excitement coming from Yongsun’s eyes when the woman stares at her. “Really?” And even sounded too excited to be truth.

 

“Um, you look like you already know what it is.” Byulyi let out a nervous chuckle, trying to joke around a little bit with the blond-haired woman to ease the nerve-wrecking situation she is having right now.

 

And when the blonde nodding her head, Byulyi was confused.

 

‘She knows?’

 

“I know. I like you too.”

 

‘Wait– what?’

 

Byulyi was utterly speechless when she heard that. She didn’t know if Yongsun was just teasing her or actually telling her the truth. But Yongsun’s face that full of seriousness just tells her everything.

 

“Y- You like me?”, Byulyi asked for reassurance. Who knows, she just misheard or something.

 

This time, Yongsun’s face soften and she puts a hand over Byulyi’s cold one, which brought an electrifying feeling to the latter. “I do. And I know you do too when you keep being nervous around me.” Yongsun ended it up with a cute wink.

 

‘Eh? Oh my God– is this for real?’

 

Byulyi didn’t know where she found the courage to hold Yongsun’s hand too, and then they just stare into each other’s eyes like a loving couple. But not until Byulyi suddenly pulling away, realized that there is one last thing she doesn’t tell Yongsun yet. On the other hand, Yongsun has this sad face like a lost puppy thinking that maybe she just get rejected by Byulyi.

 

Byulyi takes another deep breath before corrects her position on the bench to stare at Yongsun straight in the eyes. “But you need to know the truth first.”

 

“What is it?”, Yongsun asked with a very slow voice, still having the idea of receiving a rejection from someone that she just confessed her feelings to.

 

After heaved out the umpteenth sigh of that day, Byulyi finally pours out all of the things she wanted to say to the other woman.

 

“Kim Yongsun, I am actually the reason why your bright smile disappeared from day to day. I am– that Moon Byulyi, who once lied to you that... your smile looks ugly.”

 

Byulyi has her head hung low, and Yongsun has her face showing no emotions.

 

But what’s most important is; their feelings toward each other are all true and pure.

 

===

 

Flashback to 18 years ago

 

“She isn’t that beautiful though!”

 

Byulyi who was hiding behind one of the cubicles inside the toilet, tried to overhear the conversation between a group of boys that she is familiar with. One of them has to be Kang Taejoon, the one that just voiced out a while ago.

 

“It just fun to see her looking so happy to hear that compliment from me.”

 

Byulyi heard Taejoon’s voice again and she can tell that the arrogant boy was having a dirty smirk on his face through the mocking tone of his voice. Her heart boiled in anger as she knew very much about the girl that Taejoon was referring to.

 

‘He lied to my angel.’

 

Byulyi kicked the door over, startling Taejoon with his friends. All the rationalities in her mind were gone for Byulyi as rage has took over her in a great way. Without any single warning, Byulyi launched to Taejoon and punched him right to his face. The boy fell off to the ground as Byulyi still gave him punch by punch until blood started splutter out of his mouth.

 

Byulyi ran away from there when one of Taejoon’s friends decided to call for the teacher to come there. She successfully escaped herself and that’s how she just happened to meet Yongsun for the very first time. Her angel.

 

“Your smile look... so– so ugly! I hate it! Get away from me!”

 

Honestly, Byulyi felt disgusted with her own self after she said those things to Yongsun. She truly didn’t mean everything that she said towards the other girl. The one and only reason why she had to do so was just to protect her, to stop her from believing all those lies that other people feed her. Those kids just full of foolishness to fool around with her angel.

 

‘Even I have to be the bad guy over here, but she just needs to stop believing people around her.

 

She is just an innocent beautiful angel.’

 

===

 

Back to present; 3 weeks later

 

“See you tomorrow, Miss Yongsun.”

 

Yongsun gave a whole-hearted smile to her employees as they walk out from the boutique right after they did their closing. Yongsun’s business started really good as she will receives numerous number of customers every single day to buy and reserve her clothing brand. As far as she can say, she is definitely satisfied and confident with what she does.

 

She takes out her phone when the device binges, showing a notification that she just received a new text message.

 

From: Byul-ah

Would you like to have a dinner date with me?

[5:36 p.m.]

 

To: Byul-ah

Some tteokbokki please. ^^

[5:38 p.m.]

 

From: Byul-ah

Everything for my angel. <3

[5:41 p.m.]

 

FIN

_______________________________________________________

A/N: Just really in love with that song. TT__TT

Well, see you later in the next update.