er for You (Happy Belated Birthday)

Moonlight & Sunshine (MoonSun's One-Shot Collection)

 

I've been dancing on top of cars and stumbling out of bars,
I follow you through the dark, can't get enough,
You're the medicine and the pain, the tattoo inside my brain,
And, baby, you know it's obvious.

I'm a er for all the subliminal things,
No one knows about you (about you) about you (about you),
And you're making the typical me break my typical rules,
It's true, I'm a er for you.

_______________________________________________________

Moonbyul doesn’t have good luck in all the relationships she had in the past. It’s always been her who get too engrossed with all the works she had in her office and tried her very best to spend the little time she had to pamper her ex-girlfriend; or her ex-girlfriend that can always find a reason to blame Moonbyul in everything. It is indeed very frustrating for Moonbyul because that just gives her more reasons for why she shouldn’t exist from the very first place. She feels like her existence in this world always means bad news to the people around her.

 

The of her breakdown happened in one relationship she had with a girl she found in an online chatting website. Moonbyul didn’t expect how a girl she never meet in reality can bring so much impact in her life and made her felt like dying every single day. She gave the girl everything she could just to show how much she really loved her, but in the end, all she received were lies and betrayals. At that moment, Moonbyul really felt dead inside.

 

Luckily, there are Wheein and Hyejin whom always found some ways to make her thinks thoroughly about every action she wants to take. They are the only friends she has that can always comfort her and listen to everything about her pathetic life. Wheein will be the one to always give her comforting hugs and calming words while Hyejin will be the one that is always strict and encourages Moonbyul to stay away from being so weak. And that is just the reason why she still survives right now. Even her family can’t help her like how Wheein and Hyejin do.

 

Moonbyul thought her life will keeps on going like that – she will always be that frustratingly pathetic person she always thought she is – not until one day, she realized her life not meant to be that way forever.

 

---

 

It was a Saturday morning when Moonbyul usually already in her office doing pile of works that her boss always gives her. But there she was waiting inside a certain coffee shop, excited to tell a very good news to Wheein and Hyejin (that were maybe still getting ready to finally get out of their house) – Wheein and Hyejin are staying together since they are you-know-what. Moonbyul just can’t keep the stupid smile to herself and had most of the workers that work at the coffee shop staring at her weirdly.

 

Moonbyul didn’t know how long she was fantasizing to her own self that she just noticed about a certain long hair girl who was sitting alone at the table in front of hers. The thing that caught Moonbyul’s attention the most was how the girl munching on her chocolate muffin; like it’s the most delicious food in the world. And the girl just too focused on finishing the desert until she can’t even notice that someone was staring at her. And it just stayed like that for a few minutes until something blocked Moonbyul’s view.

 

Moonbyul looked up and the first thing she saw was Hyejin’s wide smile. “Yo, unnie!”, the younger girl greeted her while giggling to herself.

 

“Hyejin-ie, you are blocking my view!” Moonbyul tried to stretch her neck as long as she could to look at the girl again but failed as Hyejin was totally standing right in front of her. She looked back at Hyejin unsatisfied.

 

Hyejin had both of her eyebrows quirked. “What?” Then, she turned her head to find out what kind of view that Moonbyul was talking about. And just then, the girl happened to be looking at her direction too and Hyejin just spontaneously waved and grinned at her. “Hi there, you alone?”

 

She can hear Moonbyul whispered desperately behind her. “Hyejin, stop it!” But she decided to ignore it.

 

When the girl looked like having no ideas at anything that was happening at the moment, Hyejin continued still with a grin on her lips. “Hey, there’s this ‘dude’ over here wants to sit with you–”

 

“Hyejin!”

 

The little conversation was interrupted by a high-pitched voice. Hyejin turned around to see Wheein already stood beside her. She was holding a tray with two plates of blueberry muffin and two cups of caramel macchiato; and with an addition of a little pout on her lips. Hyejin just can’t help herself to quickly pinch her sulking girlfriend’s cheeks.

 

“Aigoo, look at our baby Wheein-ie.”, Hyejin cooed adoringly to comfort the smaller girl.

 

But Wheein just pouted even more. “You are flirting with another girl, hmm?”, Wheein asked her slowly, trying to show that she was really upset.

 

“Another girl? You mean that girl?” Hyejin was being so obvious by pointed her finger towards the clueless girl – and that made the situation even worse for Moonbyul. Hyejin stared back at Wheein, beckoned her girlfriend to come closer because she wanted to whisper something, and Wheein just obliged to it. That got Moonbyul sweating like crazy; she knew when Wheein and Hyejin agree with each other, it will brings chaos.

 

Moonbyul saw how Wheein started giggling to whatever Hyejin was whispering to her, so she just had to interrupt. “G-Guys, I can explain this.” But not even one of them listening to her.

 

The next thing she knew was Wheein already made her way to the table in front of them and took a seat beside the still clueless girl. And Moonbyul can only watch whatever kind of drama that was playing in front of her eyes right now without trying to at least makes her run to the ladies. Because her just glued on the chair as she saw how the girl looked at her direction with a frown.

 

Moonbyul had no other choices than to face the younger girls’ endless teasing for the rest of the morning until her face was all red. And she swore that would be the last time she wants to hang out with the young couple.

 

But it is clear that there would never be a last time for the three of them to meet each other.

 

---

 

One day, Moonbyul was just randomly complaining about how she can’t cook to Wheein on the phone. This is always the usual thing for Moonbyul; she will looks for Wheein to be her support system and then she will looks for Hyejin to be her partner in crime. The fact that both of the younger girls have different personalities from each other makes Moonbyul thinks how perfect they are together.

 

And she wishes that she can meet someone just like that one day.

 

“Hello? Are you still on the line?”

 

Wheein’s voice on the other line just snapped Moonbyul from her train of thoughts. She cleared . “Um, so, what do you say? Should I start learning how to cook?”

 

She heard Wheein mumbled something so obviously loud. “Not like you will master it in just one day by yourself.”

 

“I heard that.”

 

It was silent for a few seconds before Wheein sighed out loud. “Unnie, I think you need a cooking class!”

 

Moonbyul frowned. “And what’s the relation between that and I want to learn how to cook?”

 

“To help you learn it better of course!” Wheein groaned exasperatedly on the other line when Moonbyul replied back with an awkward cackle. “Unnie, don’t ask such question!”

 

Moonbyul just rubbed her nape and grinned like a dumb person even though she knew Wheein can’t see what she was doing right now. Even so, she is glad now that she is slowly starting to change becoming a healthy person again – not like how she always feeling depressed and kept drowning herself in sadness like before. Oh, she works healthily too now that she just get promoted to a higher position in the company she works at (and that happened to be the good news that she wanted to tell to Wheein and Hyejin a few days ago).

 

Moonbyul let out a low sigh. “But what kind of cooking class you want me to have, Wheein-ie?”

 

“Hmm... a private cooking class.”, Wheein said in a suggestive tone.

 

Moonbyul let out a nervous chuckle. It would be a lie if she doesn’t feel her heart jumping out weirdly after she heard what Wheein just said. A cooking class already sounds complicated for her, and this one will be done in private, and it makes the situation more difficult. “P-Private cooking class? What’s that?”

 

Wheein stayed silent for a while on the other line. “Do you remember... the café we went with Hyejin a few days ago?”

 

And Moonbyul just remembered about that ‘muffin girl’ she met at the café. She still remember her face so well – like how she always said; pretty face can be easily remembered – or Moonbyul is actually freaking ‘greasy’. But, what’s the relation between that with private cooking class now? Oh gosh, this is getting somewhere, Moonbyul thought.

 

Wheein sighed for the nth time as she didn’t hear any reply from the older girl. “Just go there tomorrow, unnie. You will know soon.”

 

---

 

Right after she finished all her works, Moonbyul quickly drove to the café like how Wheein told her yesterday. There’s no more customer inside the café as it’s already 6:35 in the evening and Moonbyul was sure it’s about to close. She was thinking to just go back home and come there again the next day.

 

“Moonbyul-ssi!”

 

Her steps halted when she heard someone called her from behind. She turned around, and there she met the ‘muffin girl’ again. She was standing in front the door of the café with her very formal clothes, offering Moonbyul a small smile.

 

Moonbyul had a puzzled look. “Um... did you call for me?”

 

“Duh.” The slightly shorter girl rolled her eyes in an adorable way. “Of course. Do you see anyone else around us?”

 

Moonbyul just awkwardly grinned like how she always does. “Uh, no?”

 

The girl let out a chuckle before she walked towards Moonbyul – who instantly felt her heart about to drop when the girl suddenly held her hand. “I have been waiting for you! Let’s go inside.”

 

And Moonbyul just forgot how to breathe properly again.

 

---

 

“You own this café?”

 

Moonbyul took a sip from the cup of chocolate mocha that Yongsun just served for her. They were sitting at one of the tables facing each other, and there Yongsun introduced herself as a graduate at one of the top universities in Japan and has a master in culinary arts; who is also the owner of the café – “Coffee with Sunshine”.

 

Yongsun had a frown on her face. “Why did you sound so surprise?”

 

Moonbyul just grinned; like it has become one of her habits. “No, I just thought you are one of the customers. Anyway–” Moonbyul cleared to change the topic quickly. “–you said something about been waiting for me. Um, for what?”

 

“Oh yes, that!” Yongsun corrected her position on the chair to stare at Moonbyul properly. But somehow, that got Moonbyul a bit sweating as Yongsun’s eyes stared right into her soul. “Wheein called me last night and said that you need someone to teach you how to cook.”

 

Moonbyul was about to take another sip from her coffee before she stopped and looked at Yongsun unbelievably. “What?” She put the cup back and gave a confused look to Yongsun who still had a smile on her lips. “Since when did you both contacting each other?”

 

“Hmm, since we first met the other day.” Yongsun looks like thinking to herself for a few seconds before her face suddenly turned pinkish and Moonbyul noticed it. “Um, she told me... you have a crush on me and been stalking me for a while.”

 

And Moonbyul just choked on her own saliva. She lost the will to speak anything as she thought about what Yongsun just said to her over and over. The vision of Wheein smiling innocently at her just kept playing inside her mind. ‘That girl...’

 

It was getting awkward and Moonbyul didn’t want it to last long so she purposely coughed out loud, startling Yongsun that seemed like lost in her own thoughts. “B-By the way, w-why “Coffee with Sunshine” though?”, she changed the topic. But the fact that she was kind of stuttering made her wanted to slap herself.

 

It was silent for a while before Yongsun gave the other girl a small smile. “Um, that is our tagline; a cup of coffee bring a sunshine to our day.” And ended it with an awkward cackle.

 

The only thing in Moonbyul’s mind right now was how cute Yongsun got when she is nervous and that made her heart thumping like the beat of a drum. She wondered if this could be meant something. She can’t be falling in love just this fast right? Right. For some good minutes, Moonbyul just stared and listened not-so-attentively to Yongsun who was mumbling about something to ease her nervousness. They stayed like that for the rest of the evening, talking about everything and nothing.

 

“So, you are working for a car company?”, Yongsun asked before she sipped on her iced tea.

 

Moonbyul just nodded and smiled. “Yes, something like that.”

 

She took a glance at her watch and a bit surprised to see the time already shown 8:55 p.m., they have been talking for so long. Moonbyul decided to finally go home and thanked Yongsun for the courtesy of making her a free cup of coffee. Secretly, she felt her heart turned quite heavy to leave the café, but she knew there’s another days that she will keeps meeting Yongsun.

 

Yongsun accompanied her until they arrived at Moonbyul’s car. For once, they just awkwardly smiled to each other, waiting for one of them to finally bid goodbye. And Moonbyul thought her body just had its own mind as she suddenly offered a hand to do a friendly handshake with Yongsun. “So, let’s be friends?”

 

Yongsun looked at her and chuckled. “I though we already are.” She crossed her arms and grinned at Moonbyul. “But what will I get in exchange?”

 

Moonbyul thought to herself for a while before she gave a playful smirk at the other girl. “I will be your very good student.” And in return, she received a blushing Yongsun for an answer.

 

Anyhow, Yongsun accepted her handshake and smiled back at her. “Sure, I would love that.”

 

Moonbyul stepped inside her car and started the engine. But then, she heard the driver’s window has been knocked from the outside and saw Yongsun asked her to lower the window, so she did. She thought Yongsun wanted to say something to her but didn’t expect that she will receives a kiss on the cheek so suddenly.

 

“Remember to always love yourself. Um, see you tomorrow.”

 

Moonbyul was awestruck there for a very long time even after Yongsun has disappeared out of her sight. Somehow, she is sure, love can come at any moment that she can’t expect at all. Even after everything she’s been through, there must be someone who still will loves her just for the way she is. Moonbyul smiled to herself.

 

And she hopes this time, she met the right person.

FIN

_______________________________________________________

A/N: I just wanna say to love someone no matter who or how she/he is. This might be too late and too cliche (but I know she will reminds me not to say such thing), but I want to wish a very happy belated birthday to GrimReaper98. <3 Even though you are 4 months older than me, but you can be such a cute kiddy sometimes. *chuckle* Please accept my present for you. *blush*

p/s: And also, an advance happy birthday to our precious Wheein-ie! ♥