Crazily Beautiful

Moonlight & Sunshine (MoonSun's One-Shot Collection)

_______________________________________________________

In the hustle bustle of a crowded restaurant, suddenly a loud thumping sound echoed made the whole place quieted for a moment.

 

“This bill is so wrong!” Hyejin slumped the white paper on the desk while glaring fiercely at the man around his 30’s who was assumed as the owner of the restaurant. “Your waiter did a pretty terrible job! Not just he gave us a very expensive bill, but also treated us like a snobbish freak!”

 

Beside her was Yongsun who kept pulling her arm like a scared child, asking for her best friend to stop yelling for not gaining more attention. “Hyejin, calm down! We can settle up this thing nicely.”

 

Hyejin threw some deathly lion-like gaze to Yongsun which caused her immediately let go of her arm.

 

“But who wants to pay this gazillion dollars bill? You?”

 

“Gazillion? My worker wouldn’t put that much of a bill to our customers!”, the owner protested clearly dissatisfied. There was a huge deep frown on his face making him looked older than his own age. He took the bill and scanned the whole paper for quite some time before he threw a piercing gaze towards Hyejin back. And just as that, both of them started a glaring competition.

 

“You both ordered a plate of fish taco and chicken tostadas. So the bill is so freaking right just like the price standard here. You think it’s easy for me to open a Mexican restaurant at this area? It’s so damn hard that I needed to come back and forth from here to Mexico over and over!”

 

Hyejin let out a ‘tsk’ from . “Why do I need to care about that?”

 

And Yongsun was still standing faithfully beside her, shushing her like a baby. “Stop, Hyejin.” After a very long painful sigh, Yongsun stepped in front of Hyejin. “Just let me be the one to take care of this.”

 

Hyejin was clearly disagreeing with that. “Unnie, you will just end up paying gazillion dollars to him if I let you be!”

 

“I told you, it’s not until gazillion!”, the man retorted back quite angry. Hyejin just stuck her tongue out before looked away.

 

“Unnie, just do it quick.”

 

Yongsun just replied back with a nod before she looked back at the man who was still waiting. His face looked a little softened now but Yongsun had a little hint that he was still dissatisfied with the earlier incident. But before she can speaks out anything, a soft deep voice interrupted quickly.

 

“I heard a very loud noise here. What’s wrong, Mr. Jung?”

 

A young woman around Yongsun’s age appeared and stood right beside the owner. The woman had a red cap on her blond hair and she wore a complete uniform just like the other waiters and waitresses in the restaurant. Yongsun pierced a longing stare at the woman’s name tag which was written ‘Byulyi’ in Hangul.

 

“Byul, can you take care of this two ladies’ bill problem? I got something to do in my office.”, the owner requested softly to the waitress that is known as Byulyi. And she replied him with a ‘sure’ and small smile. The man replied his thank you for Byulyi before stared back at Hyejin who was coincidentally looking at him too. “Loca mujer (Crazy woman)!”, he said in a sarcastic way before walked away from there.

 

Hyejin was frowning like crazy. “What did he said?”, she asked Byulyi desperately wanted to know.

 

The blonde waitress had this awkward smile on her face at first before it immediately changed into a lopsided grin. “Um, he just said that you are crazily beautiful.”

 

Yongsun who was happened to know a little bit of Spanish, and understood what the man was saying, turned her head to look at Byulyi with a huge question mark on her face. Byulyi saw her, immediately felt awkward so she gave Yongsun a wide grin that was screaming ‘don’t tell her the truth’ right to Yongsun’s face. And Yongsun just immediately got it and decided to just stay quiet.

 

Hyejin had this little blush on her face. “Is that so?” To cover up this sudden feeling of embarrassment she felt right now, Hyejin walked out from the restaurant after told Yongsun that she will waits outside.

 

“Wow.” Yongsun stared back at Byulyi as she heard the waitress voiced out. “Your friend is so feisty!”

 

Yongsun gave a small smile and shook her head slowly. “You see... she actually just had a little fight with Wheein... um, her girlfriend. That’s why she was acting that way.”

 

“I see, no wonder hm.” Byulyi just smiled back but it looked a little bit more intriguingly sweet which caused Yongsun to wonder confusedly. Yongsun noticed how the waitress’ eyes landed a little bit too long at her face and Yongsun felt she heard some loud thumps inside her chest.

 

A few seconds passed and the staring contest finally stopped after Yongsun let out some loud scoffs which caused Byulyi to startle slightly. A not-too-innocent grin was given to Yongsun before she took the white paper on the desk and scanned it for quite some moments. The next thing was Byulyi jotted down something on the bill and Yongsun just observed everything she was doing.

 

“Well, here’s the bill, miss.”

 

Yongsun took the bill and looked at it with a clearly surprised face. She stared at Byulyi with a little hint of glistening eyes which Byulyi happily noticed it.

 

“Did you just cut down the price a bit?” When Byulyi replied with a small nod, Yongsun quickly asked. “Why?”

 

Byulyi just shrugged her shoulders and smiled like nothing’s wrong. “Well, why not? I understood your friend’s issue. Besides...” Byulyi motioned Yongsun to bring her face a little bit closer to hers so Yongsun did. But she didn’t expected to be dumbfounded and blushed at the same time after Byulyi whispered something right to her ear.

 

The next thing Yongsun knew she just quickly walked out from the restaurant after paid the bill with a total red face. Hyejin saw that and kept bombarding her with questions. But Yongsun just shook her head and told that all the problem has been settled and that just magically shut Hyejin’s mouth.

 

On the way back to their own house, Yongsun can’t stop thinking over and over to what the waitress has said before. It was like a broken record that it kept playing inside her mind again and again. But what Yongsun not notices was how her heart beats ridiculously fast and lot of butterflies in her stomach because now she was just too busied thinking about the almost perfect waitress in her head. And a very wide smile just crept to her lips and stayed there for a very long time.

 

“...eres locamente hermose, senorita (you’re crazily beautiful, miss).”

 

END

_______________________________________________________

A/N: Um, well. Just a short one-shot as I got inspired to write something fun after read some wonderful stories from other writers. >_< Hope to see you guys soon. Have a very nice day/evening! :)