The Wife of My Dream

Moonlight & Sunshine (MoonSun's One-Shot Collection)

________________________________________________________

I have always dreamt about this one beautiful woman that was known as my wife. She will shows up in my dreams once in a week, or maybe more. Okay, maybe if she’s not always popping out of nowhere in my dreams, I’ll never complain about it. But it has been three months already. I kept on dreaming about that woman over and over and it’s quite getting me hard now since I have no idea about it.

 

The first night I dreamt about her, we were both exchanging vows to each other. In front of us, was a huge amount of guests. Weird as I may say, I can even recognized some familiar faces like my parents and my sisters. Even my friends were there. Wheein and Hyejin, my two best friends were standing at the corner, bawling their eyes out after I said ‘I do’ to the priest. Then followed by her, who replied the same thing. And the dream ended after we kissed. I remembered waking up feeling flabbergasted and I can’t stay focus at my workplace at all.

 

The second dream happened two nights after the first one. This time, we were inside this huge bungalow, which I assumed as the place that we were staying together after we get married. I was sitting on this comfy sofa, watching a particular drama that was showing on the TV. Then, I heard she yelled something like, “Baby, the food is ready!” from the kitchen. And I’m being this goofy dork straightforwardly turned off the TV and ran my way to the kitchen. She had this screeching-like laugh watching my silly action which I found it sounds really adorable. I hugged her waist, gave a kiss on her forehead and whispered thank you right to her ear. And then, the dream ended. But that time when I woke up, I felt some odd feeling like butterflies in my stomach and my heart pumped ridiculously fast.

 

The next week, I dreamt about her again for the third time. And let me tell you, this time, the dream was quite... hot. Yes, in that dream, we did ‘that’ for the very first time. I remembered I woke up feeling my fingers were like on fire. Like I really did touched her, kissed her and simply, everything felt like it was happening for so damn real. And that day, I went to my workplace with face redden as heck like tomato. The worst thing was Wheein and Hyejin can’t stopped teasing me until my other co-workers joined them as well. I went back home hiding my face under my pillow for the whole night until I fell asleep. But just to dream about her again.

 

And that just how it goes for these three months. She kept on showing up in my dreams again and again. Whether these dreams showed from how I did a surprise birthday party for her, to our first honeymoon together, to how we talked about planning to have child while cuddling on bed, and to how we spent a whole day together doing everything and nothing. At first I was kinda okay with all of this, but now I couldn’t take it anymore. Somehow, I felt like it was driving me crazy. I kept on wondering if all this dreams have a secret special meaning behind it. And goddamn, I was lying if I say I didn’t have any desire to meet this woman in real life.

 

Because I’m telling you, she looks really beautiful like a living goddess. I’ll do everything and break every single wall just to see her right in front my eyes. I just wanna meet her for so damn ing real bad.

 

===

 

The next thing I did, was telling everything about it to Wheein and Hyejin. But God, I didn’t know it would be this hard to sit together with these two girls and talk about it to them. They have these completely different opinions from each other until I felt like they are these imaginary angel and demon on my shoulders. Everything just made me more confused because I just don’t know which one of them that should I listen to.

 

“I think you’re just fantasizing things, Byul.” Hyejin said.

 

Then, Wheein quickly retorted. “No, I’m sure there’s something behind it.”

 

“Oh, like what, genius? This woman that Byul has been dreamt about is actually the love of her life?” Hyejin questioned sarcastically.

 

Wheein nodded innocently. “It could be.”

 

Hyejin slowly sighed. “I don’t think so. Because those all were just dreams!” Then she looked at me straight in the eyes and held my hand in hers. “Byul, just stop thinking about it. Maybe you kept on getting those kind of dreams because you didn’t let them out from your mind. You kept on thinking about it over and over, and that just made you have those dreams for quite often.”

 

But then, Wheein grasped on my shoulder tightly, made me gave full attention to her now. “But Byul, don’t you think it’s strange to have those dreams like it’s actually telling you how your future gonna be. Those dreams were like showing an accurate timeline from how you getting married to how you have a family together with her. Won’t you feel like there’s really something behind all of it, like that woman is actually the person you will be with for the rest of your life?”

 

I looked at both of them back and forth. Hyejin had this stern face that made me felt kinda creep out, while Wheein had her dimpled smile that got me melted. The more I stare at both of them, the more sweat trickling down from my forehead. I don’t know if I should feel glad or regret for telling them about it. Because I just felt my mind got more miserable.

 

===

 

Last night, I had a dream about her again. But this time, it was kinda weird. We were at this one park, sat on one of the benches together while watching the magnificent view of a lake in front of us, and we were both eating sweet ice-creams. That’s not really the thing that looks weird in the dream. But what she said to me out of the blue. And I can remember all of it clearly.

 

“I hope to see you here again, Byul-ah.”

 

And then the dream ended. I woke up sweating and feeling dumbfounded. That dream just stuck inside my head for so damn long and I kept thinking about it at my workplace. Pile of files and papers that I need to organize and do were left untouched on my work desk. But not until one of my co-workers, Seulgi suddenly rushed at me looking a bit panic.

 

“Byul, you need to help me! I forgot I have to meet Irene at Ilsan Lake Park later on. Can you drive me there?”

 

I swore I have a huge frown on my face. “Um, yes sure. But where’s your car?”

 

Seulgi sighed and shook her head dramatically. “At a workshop. I didn’t know what my brother did to my car a few days ago. Come on Byul, I need to hurry! You know how Irene gonna be like if I don’t arrive there on time.”

 

I let out a heavy sigh and finally nodded my head. Then we both walked together to the basement parking to get to my car. But somehow, I still can’t help myself to keep on thinking about it.

 

===

 

After half an hour of driving, we both finally arrived at Ilsan Lake Park. Some people have started filling the park since it’s already 6:00 in the evening. Seulgi had this confused look when I also got out from my car, maybe thinking what I’m gonna do at this park by myself, since I know she will have a date with Irene.

 

When I walked side-by-side with her, she voiced out her curiosity. “Hey Byul, I thought you will go straight home. Don’t tell me you want to follow me and Irene too.”

 


I laughed my heart out because I thought it was funny for Seulgi to think that way. I threw an arm across her shoulders, pulling her into a friendly side-hug. “Of course not. Just like to release tension here.”

 

I saw she stared at me weirdly. “You have a problem, Byul? If you want somebody to talk to, you can count on me.”

 

“No, I’m fine. Don’t worry. Just enjoy your date with Irene.” I smiled at her, and gladly she smiled at me back. We continued our walk to the way nearby the lake... which I found quite familiar. I mean, this is the first time I put my foot on this place since a very long time. I don’t know why I felt some tingling feeling started to creep inside of me making me a bit nervous.

 

From afar, we already saw Irene waving her hands to our direction which Seulgi that was still faithfully walked beside me waving her hands back a bit excited. I told you, they both make a really silly dork couple. However, in a split seconds, my eyes caught another woman that was standing beside Irene, with her back facing us. That woman seemed like talking to a little boy in front of her. But only God know, how I’m feeling right now when I saw that woman’s long blond hair. That looks very familiar if you ask me.

 

We finally stood right in front of Irene and I can only shook my head when I saw how excited Seulgi was when she pulled her girlfriend into a little embrace. After about an eternity, they pulled away from each other before Irene threw a small smile at me and greeted.

 

“Hi, Byul. I didn’t expect to see you here but anyway, how are you?”

 

I smiled back and nodded firmly. “I’m okay. Hope you are doing fine too. Seulgi couldn’t shut talking about you every day.”

 

That tease from me made Irene laughed delightedly while Seulgi had her face covered in deep crimson pink. I can only smile looking at this lovey-dovey couple in front  of me. But I would be lying if I said my eyes not sparing at the unknown woman that was standing just a few inches away from us. To my own surprise, I felt like my heart jumping crazily when I heard that woman still talking with the little boy in front of her.

 

“Luckily, you didn’t fall that hard. But still, you need to be careful next time, okay?”

 

She bent her body and ruffled the little boy’s hair softly which he replied back with a nod and ‘thank you’ before he ran away from there. While I’m still standing here, wondering why her voice sounds really familiar to my ears.

 

Irene suddenly called me and I stared at her with a blank face. “Since you both are here, I want to introduce you guys to my best friend, Yongsun. She was my colleague back then at London years ago.”

 

And the very awaiting moment came. The said woman finally turned her back, showing her face. But you need to see my face, because I had my mouth widely opened. And weirdly, the woman had the same reaction as mine.

 

I really meet the woman that always showed up in my dreams for these whole three months and she was standing in front of me right now. And I never feel so incredibly happy like this. Turned out that Yongsun was actually having those kind of dreams just like mine. We got along with each other pretty well, and she really is just like how she is in my dreams.

 

Two years later, we got married and adopted a child. Cliché as it sounds, we live happily together at a bungalow somewhere in town that I bought couple months ago.

 

The most important thing is, I get married with the wife of my dream.

 

END