Serendipity

The New Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TOP brought Jisoo to his shop which was just located in the middle of downtown. Her uncle's shop was actually pretty popular among the people her age especially the women and she was surprised about it. She didn't think that her uncle who hated girls would entertain this huge number of female customers. Well, business is business. She was then introduced to the other workers of the shop and some of her uncle's friends.

"Jisoo-ah, do you want something to eat or drink?" TOP asked.

Jisoo shook her head. "I'm just gonna go and buy some books at the nearby bookstore."

"Alright but don't take too long." TOP reminded her. "You're still new around here. I don't want you getting lost out there."

Jisoo nodded before leaving to check out some books she could buy and read.

•••••

Jisoo loitered around the History section of the bookstore. It was kind of embarrassing but being born and raised in another country, Jisoo had little knowlege of her own. She also had problems understanding and writing korean language but thanks to her brother she somehow managed to memorize the korean alphabet on time.

"Korean History." Jisoo whispered to herself. "Where is it?"

Jisoo squinted while trying to look for the right book she was looking for and when her eyes finally landed on it, another hand was able to grab it first.

"Sorry. Go ahead." Jisoo spoke in english out of habit. Realizing her mistake, she immediately covered with her hand.

"It's okay." The guy replied in perfect english. "You can have it."

"Thank you."

"Oh, you also speak korean." There was a hint of amusement from his voice. "Based from your accent earlier, i was convinced you're not from around here."

Jisoo fidgeted. She kept her head down.

"Here." The guy offered her the book. "It's yours."

Jisoo reluctantly took the book and nodded. It was her first time talking to someone without her uncle at her side and it made her heart race. Jisoo was so flustered that she suddenly left without a warning, making the boy confuse. Jisoo finally escaped after paying the books she chose but not before scolding herself on how stupid she acted earlier.

Way to go Jisoo.

•••••

"I'm back." Jisoo entered her uncle's shop, still bummed about that encounter with the boy in the bookstore.

"Welcome back." TOP greeted her from the kitchen. "Just sit there and i'll bring you something to eat and drink."

Jisoo nodded and went to sit on the seat pointed by her uncle. She noticed that people were now starting to crowd the place. It was a good thing her uncle reserved her a spot and it was a good one at that. It was a seat located near the man-made garden with some water features on it. There was also a parrot in its birdcage hanging on a a stand beside her. A glass wall was separating her and the garden outside which was preventing the heat of the sun from coming inside.

"Here you go." TOP placed the food on top of the table. "One machiato and blueberry cheese cake for my lovely niece."

Jisoo laughed a little. "Why, thank you uncle."

"Just take your time, okay? I'll just be in the kitchen if you need me."

Jisoo nodded. She took a bite of her cake and hummed in delight. This was nice. Jisoo got her newly bought books and tried to read one of them. She took her time reading the said novel and was so engrossed about it that she hadn't realized the commotion that was currently happening in the shop.

•••••

Lee Taeyong came to his favourite cafe with his other highschool friends. Some of the many reasons why he liked that shop were because it served delicious p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter