Arrival

The New Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo was staring blankly through their car's window while trying to absorb what her uncle was saying about her new home. Honestly, she was bored listening to him that she wasn't able to stop herself from sighing. Jisoo gasped when she realized her mistake. She immediately turned around to look at her uncle.

Choi Seunghyun also known as TOP by his friends was her mother's younger brother. When Jisoo saw how her young uncle grimaced, she suddenly felt bad. She didn't mean to be rude towards him. She was just..

"I'm sorry." Jisoo bit down, looking down and feeling ashamed.

"It's alright." TOP apologized while making a sharp turn to the right. "I should be the one apologizing. We both know you're just having a rough time with all of this."

TOP peeked at his only niece and smiled at her reassuringly. Jisoo returned his smile and went back to looking outside, gazing through the houses. Jisoo suddenly remembered her parents.

•••••

"I'm really sorry Jisoo." Her mother said. "I know it's too sudden but your dad and i are going somewhere very far this time and by far i meant we wouldn't be back for months. Your brother is too busy to take care of you since he has his thesis coming up so we decided to send you to Korea where your uncle TOP is at."

"Seunghyun will be able to take care of you there." Jisoo's dad nodded.

"Hold on." Jisoo blinked, confused. "What does that even mean?"

Her parents exchanged uncomfortable looks with one another before her dad finally spoke.

"In other words, you're going to move." Her dad answered. "In Korea."

•••••

Jisoo clenched her fist tighter. She was frustrated honestly but she couldn't do anything about it. She was not the type to argue with her parents. She was a tight-lipped person who didn't know how to speak up her mind. She was a soft-spoken and quiet person, the very reason why she was not that popular in her previous school. She was the type that could easily be bullied but that didn't mean she was okay with changing school so suddenly. Afterall, she still got friends back there, friends that she earned through hard work and now that she changed school, she needed to do that all over again.

"Here we are." TOP pulled over in front of a house.

Jisoo blinked. She didn't realize that they've already arrived at her uncle's house. It was a pretty decent house. She got out of the car and slung her bag across her shoulder. She looked around and realized that they were actually in a residential area where some other houses stood around near each other. Jisoo broke from her trance when she heard her uncle grunting while trying to get the luggage out of the car's compartment.

"Uncle, let me do the carrying." Jisoo immediately ran towards TOP but the latter stopped her by raising his hand.

"No. I'm a man and your uncle. At least let me do this kind of things for my niece."

"Okay."

•••••

"So, how's the food? Do you like it?" TOP asked his niece, looking expectant.

TOP was a chef specializing in deserts. He had her own cafe which he also managed with his friends.

Jisoo chewed and swallowed. The two of them were in the middle of eating dinner. Jisoo already managed to unpack earlier and began to settle comfortably in her bedroom which was located on the second floor.

"It's good." Jisoo finally answered.

TOP smiled and heaved a sigh of relief. "That's good."

"I didn't know you're also good at cooking dishes." Jisoo raised an eyebrow. "Are you perhaps practicing for your future wife?"

TOP reddened. "What? Of course not! Having a girlfriend is troublesome enough let alone a wife."

"Uh huh, whatever you say." Jisoo ignored him and continued to eat her dinner.

"By the way, i already took care of your school papers so you won't have to worry about that anymore." TOP said. "And also, i already got your uniform from the school. You'll be going to Seiran High starting the day after tomorrow."

"Alright."

TOP studied his niece. "Are you going to be alright?"

"What do you mean?" Jisoo feigned ignorance by making her expression cold and uncaring.

"It's just that you were suddenly thrown into an unfamiliar place and not to mention you're transferring in the middle of the semester. That's not normal for any students your age."

"It's fine." Jisoo finished her food. "It's just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter