Friends

The New Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo woke up even before her alarm clock could've. She took her time showering and wore her new school uniform. She faced herself on the mirror before sighing heavily. She also made sure to dry her hair before tying it into a bun.

"Good morning Chu." TOP greeted his niece as soon as she descended the final step of the stairs. "Breakfast?"

Jisoo smiled before nodding. She took a chair and began to eat her bread without a word. TOP stared at her worriedly.

"Oh! I almost forgot." TOP ran to the Kitchen and got the small paper bag lying on top of the counter. "Here. Your lunch."

"Thanks, uncle." Jisoo said before shoving it inside her backpack.

"You're welcome."

Jisoo left the house as soon as she was done brushing her teeth. Her uncle waved her goodbye, wishing her a good day but Jisoo wasn't so sure about that. After all, she was the new girl.

"Hey."

Jisoo flinched but when she turned to the source of the voice, Bobby was already standing in front of their house. He was leaning against their concrete fence dressed in their school uniform.

"Good morning." Jisoo greeted. "I'm sorry to make you wait."

"It's alright." Bobby began to walk and Jisoo followed him quietly.

Jisoo tried to memorize the road and streets so she could navigate herself to their school without Bobby's help next time. It was so awkward. The two of them didn't talk at all. Jisoo wanted to break the ice but she was afraid Bobby would get annoyed at her so she stayed quiet. After walking for a while, they finally arrived to a train station.

"Hey." Bobby called Jisoo's attention.

"Yes?"

"Is it okay if we wait for my friend here?" Bobby asked without looking at her. "He's already on his way here."

"Yeah, sure." Jisoo answered quickly. "No problem. I'm actually the one intruding here."

Bobby didn't answer and stayed silent. After minutes of waiting, a good looking guy arrived, gasping.

"Sorry, i'm late." He caught his breath.

"There's nothing new about that." Bobby deadpanned. "But i specifically told you not to be late today."

"I know, i know. That was why i told you i was sorry, right?" The guy rolled his eyes at Bobby. "Why are you even up so early today?"

Bobby shifted, showing Jisoo to his friend. Bobby's friend gaped upon seeing her. He blinked, looking confused.

"Um~ who is she?"

"Jisoo." Bobby answered nonchalantly. "Jisoo, this is Hanbin. He goes to the same school as us."

Jisoo bowed her head. "Good morning. I'm Kim Jisoo."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Hanbin exclaimed. "Is she your girlfriend?"

"No, you ." Bobby hit Hanbin. "I thought i already told you last night?"

"Oh, right." Hanbin beamed childishly. "The new neighbor."

"Let's go." Bobby proceeded to stand behind the yellow line. "The train's coming."

Jisoo and Hanbin followed him. Hanbin smiled at Jisoo once again. Jisoo smiled back.

"Let me introduce myself again." Hanbin extended his hand towards Jisoo. "I'm Kim Hanbin. I'm one of Bobby's friends. Nice to meet you, Kim Jisoo."

Jisoo shook his hand.

"Whoa! I don't know if it's fate or just a coincidence but we all have the same surnames." Hanbin marvelled. "Isn't that weird or what?"

Jisoo laughed a little. Even if they were friends, Hanbin and Bobby were totally different from each other in terms of their personalities. Hanbin had the playful aura around him. He seemed friendly and outgoing unlike Bobby who always looked like he was about to kill someone.

The three of them finally entered the train which was already packed with students and people who came to work that day. It was so packed that the three of them were forced to stand. Jisoo happened to stand in front of the door. She suddenly flinched when Bobby pulled the strap of her bag towards him.

"Don't stand there." Bobby whispered. "You'll get in the people's way."

"Oh, right." Jisoo bit down her embarrassment. "Sorry."

"By the way." Bobby continued. "Another friend of mine will join us in the next station."

Jisoo just nodded. She couldn't think straight seeing that Bobby was standing so close to her but she finally broke from her trance when she noticed that both Hanbin and Bobby were standing at either side of her, making a barricade from the guys who were eyeing her. She looked at Hanbin but the latter was just standing beside her nonchalantly with his back against her. He was humming and whistling from time to time. Then Jisoo's eyes landed on Bobby who finally decided to face the other direction. He was glaring towards a group of male students who were obviously checking Jisoo out. Jisoo smiled to herself. Bobby was not actually that bad. He had his own issues but he seemed to be a reliable man. No wonder her uncle trusted him so much.

Their group finally arrived at their stop and was greeted by a short handsome man. He was so cute that you might mistake him for a girl.

"Finally!" The guy sighed exasperatedly. "Just when i finally decided to join you guys. I still have morning practice you know."

"Sorry." Hanbin smiled apologetically. "But hey, we still made it in time, right?"

"Barely." Bobby yawned, looking bored.

"But i was quite surprised to be honest." The short guy began to walk and the rest of them followed. "I didn't expect for you guys to show up so early today. What's the occassion?"

"He he." Hanbin smiled naughtily. "She happened!"

Hanbin suddenly pulled Jisoo towards their friend who was as surprised as Jisoo was. The short guy shrieked, taking some steps backward. Jiso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter