Rival

The New Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo was surprised when this girl suddenly stood in front of her. The boys also flinched, sensing something bad would happen.

"Hey, Jennie." Yunhyeong finally broke the heavy and awkward atmosphere. "You came to see Jinhwan?"

Jennie glared. "I don't care about my stupid brother. I came here looking for her."

"M-me?" Jisoo swallowed the lump in . "Wh-what did you need me for?"

Jennie raised an eyebrow, studying the girl in front of her. Well, she didn't look bad but she also looked kind of boring. No matter what Jennie thought, she just couldn't imagine this girl as her rival. Jennie smirked.

"Yah!" Jinhwan ran to stand next to Jennie. "You're being rude, Jennie-ah."

"Hmph!" Jennie shrugged, pouting.

"Sorry about that Jisoo." Jinhwan scratched the back of his neck, feeling embarrassed. "This is Jennie, she's my younger sister. Jennie, this is Jisoo, Bobby's neighbor."

"Neighbor?" Jennie's ears perked up. She suddenly turned her peircing eyes towards Jisoo and started biting her bottom lip, looking nervous.

"Yah." Bobby finally spoke up with his threatening deep voice and everyone suddenly fell into silence. "Kim Jennie."

"Wh-what?" Jennie stuttered.

"Don't get ahead of yourself just because your Jinhwan's sister." Bobby glared. He really looked pissed at the moment and his friends couldn't help but get nervous.

"I know what you're trying to do, Kim Jennie. After all, people like us can easily read each other's thoughts. I hate to be the one to break it up to you but it's not going to work so don't start intimidating other people." Bobby added. "It'll just make you look even more pathetic."

"Whoa, hold it right there." Hanbin intervened. "I think that would be enough for today, Jennie-ah. And Bobby! Could you at least be a bit nicer to her? She's still Jinhwan's sister, you know."

"The very reason why i won't tolerate her." Bobby retorted. "I'm already tired of her acting childish everytime one of us tries to get close to a girl. If you think about it, it's actually her fault for not being honest in the first place."

That was it. Jennie couldn't hold it in anymore. She turned towards Bobby and slapped him so hard it actually left a mark on his cheek. Jisoo gasped, covering her gaping mouth. What the hell just happened? Jisoo was so lost, she couldn't catch up as to what was happening around her anymore. And Jennie. The poor girl hurriedly left right after, crying.

"Sorry, Jinhwan." Bobby mumbled, his head, low and his jaw, clenched.

"It's alright." Jinhwan smiled at him sadly. "It's not your fault."

"Um~ what was that?" Jisoo whispered towards Yunhyeong. "What just happened?"

"Well~ i'm not so sure myself." Yunhyeong scratched his head. "Even Hanbin doesn't seem to know what's really going on between Jennie and Bobby. Only those three knew about it."

"How about you? Do you have any ideas?"

Yunhyeong shifted on his feet. He gestured for Jisoo to come closer and the latter obliged eagerly.

"It seemed to me like Jennie has feelings for Bobby." Yunhyeong whispered making Jisoo gasp. "But Bobby somehow couldn't return her feelings and it made Jennie take some precautionary actions against her future rivals. She began to bully and intimidate any other girls who would try to get close to him."

"You mean to say that i was about to be targetted earlier?"

Jisoo grimaced. Was that why Jennie was so upset about her? No way. There was something more, something that didn't click inside her head. Something about what Bobby had said earlier bugged her.

"Yah, what are you two whispering about over there?" Bobby tugged the helm of Jisoo's shirt and began pulling her towards the exit. "Hurry up. Lunch is almost over."

•••••

It was already three o'clock in the afternoon and that meant school was finally over. The school bell rang, signalling the end of the lecture for each class and the start of the club activities.

"Oh, i almost forgot. Kim Jisoo-ssi!" Teacher Seo called out.

"Yes, teacher?"

"About you choosing a club." Teacher Seo smiled at her apologetically. "I know it may be a bit too fast but i want you join any club you're interested in as soon as possible. You see, each student studying here at Seiran High is required to join at least one of them."

"Oh, alright."

"If you have trouble finding any club, just look for Im Nayeon. She's in your class." Teacher Seo suggested. "That's her." The older woman then pointed at the girl who was quietly sitting on her chair, filling up something on her paper. "She also happens to be the student council secretary."

Jisoo bowed to her teacher before heading for the girl called Im Nayeon. The girl seemed to be too absorbed with her work that she didn't realize Jisoo who was already standing beside her.

"Ex-excuse me." Jisoo hesitated.

Nayeon raised her head and was greeted by a beautiful face. She blinked. "Yes?"

"Um~"

"You're Kim Jisoo, right?" Nayeon smiled at her. "How can i help you, Jisoo-ssi?"

"Well, the teacher told me to join a club as soon as possible but i don't really know what club i should be joining." Jisoo began fidgeting with her fingers.

"Oh, is that so?" Nayeon grabbed Jisoo's hand and pulled her to sit n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter