Rumour

The New Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8: Rumour

Jisoo was already up. She was staring at her phone, getting ready to call Bobby. She was about to press the call button but stopped upon remembering what she saw last night. Was that really Bobby she saw? Anyway, she needed to go or she would be late for school.

Jisoo finally arrived at her school together with Bobby and Hanbin. While they were on their way towards the shoe lockers, Jisoo found a perfect timing to ask Hanbin a question.

"Hanbin-ah." Jisoo whispered, looking out for Bobby.

"Hmm?" Hanbin turned around, facing her. He frowned when he noticed how she was trying to avoid getting caught by Bobby. "What's wrong? Why are you whispering?"

"Shush." Jisoo covered his mouth with her hand. "Keep it down or Bobby will hear you."

Hanbin nodded and that was when Jisoo finally decided to let go.

"Do you know where Bobby goes off to every night?"

Hanbin frowned once again. "What? What do you mean?"

"Well, i caught him last night sneaking out from his house in the middle of the night." Jisoo said. "Was that normal?"

"Aren't you just dreaming?" Hanbin raised his eyebrow. "Are you even sure it was him you saw last night?"

Jisoo stared at him blankly. She looked annoyed. Hanbin saw her dark expression and swallowed hard, feeling nervous.

"I'm not saying you're lying or anything. I just want to make sure." Hanbin reasoned.

"I'm positive." Jisoo said. "It was Bobby i saw last night."

"Well, knowing Bobby, i'm sure he just went for a walk around the neighborhood." Hanbin just shrugged it off. "Or he just went to buy something in a nearby convenience store."

"I'm being serious, Hanbin-ah." Jisoo groaned. "I'm just worried about Bobby. What if he's hanging out with some dangerous kids?"

Hanbin bursted out laughing. Jisoo gaped, looking incredulous. She began to hit the younger man while the latter could only dodge. Bobby heard the ruckus and immediately threw them an annoyed look.

Bobby was feeling irritated that day. He only had two hours of sleep, causing him to have a severe headache and their unending squabbling wasn't helping at all.

"What are you whispering about over there?" Bobby frowned. "You two look suspiscious."

"Perfect timing." Hanbin whispered to Jisoo. "Why don't we ask him himself?"

Hanbin was about to open his mouth but Jisoo immediately kicked his shin, making the poor boy howl in pain. Hanbin jumped up and down, grabbing his hurt knee. Jisoo turned to Bobby and smiled at him sweetly.

"Nothing." Jisoo answered. "Hanbin hurt his knee so i was trying to console him."

"Yah!" Hanbin protested, his face contorting with pain. "What did you mean i hurt my knee? You're the one who just ki— Ow!"

Jisoo kicked his shin once again. Bobby's frown deepened. He stared at his friends weirdly. He was definitely sure something was up with them. Bobby narrowed his eyes, scrutinizing them.

"It's her." Someone had whispered. "She came all along."

"What a thick-face. I can't believe she still came to school knowing we already saw through her."

"As expected, she came with them."

"Maybe she's also trying to seduce them. Hanbin and his friends are all good-looking afterall."

"What's going on?" Hanbin asked curiously. He turned to Jisoo. "Why are they all staring at you?"

Jisoo also didn't know the reason why they were all staring at her. And those gossips, they couldn't be all about her, right? Anyway, the way they were looking at her was making her uneasy and uncomfortable.

"Guys!"

The three of them turned and saw Yunhyeong running towards them. By the time he reached them, he was already out of breath.

"What is it now?" Bobby scratched his head, getting more annoyed. "These noises are getting on my nerves now."

"You—" Yunhyeong panted. "You have to see this right now."

Yunhyeong brought them in front of the school's bulletin board. There were a lot of students who were also gathered there. When they saw Jisoo and her friends, they immediately made way as if they didn't want to be near her.

"Over there." Yunhyeong pointed at the poster plastered on the bulletin board along with the other club posters.

Jisoo squinted her eyes and tried to read the headlines. Her eyes suddenly widened.

"The New Girl, Kim Jisoo is a ?" Hanbin read out loud.

In the said poster, Jisoo was caught with Mino shopping in a supermarket. The next picture was showing her and the Student Council President inside the supermarket. The last one was her, entering inside Yoon's apartment.

"What the hell?" Hanbin stepped closer. "Who did this?"

Hanbin whipped his head towards the onlookers, his eyes glaring. Jisoo clenched her fists, feeling her anger rising up. How would she explain this to the people? She was still new to their school. She haven't even established herself more properly yet but they were already slandering her.

Yunhyeong grimaced, looking over to where Jisoo was standing. He looked hesitant. "They're not true, right? I mean, they're just photoshopped."

"Yah!" Hanbin shouted, making Yunhyeong flinch. "What are you saying? Don't you trust Jisoo?"

"Yah!" Yunhyeong shouted back. "I'm just curious! If they were not photoshopped then who were the other two guys in the picture?"

Hanbin scoffed. "You two-faced traitor! I can't believe you would doubt Jisoo's purity. Jisoo would never do such a thing, isn't that right, Bobby?"

They all turnred to Bobby. Bobby stayed quiet but deep down, he was seething in anger. Who would dare tarnish his friend's name? Bobby didn't mind if he was the one being aggravated as long as his friends remained untouched.

Jisoo swallowed. She was hesitant to look at Bobby. What kind of expression Bobby was making, she wondered. She was afraid he would also think badly of her. Jisoo tried to peek and saw Bobby's blank face.

"Bob—Bobby-ah." Jisoo whispered, calling him.

Bobby suddenly moved, ripping the poster off the wall. Everyone jumped out of surprise. Even Hanbin and Yunhyeong stepped back, hugging each other. Bobby turned around, glaring at everyone who were present at that place.

"Anyone who tries to spread this rumours around will have to answer to me!" Bobby shouted.

Everyone flinched. They avoided Bobby's peircing gaze. Some of them even left, feeling scared. Jisoo felt worried and touched at the same time. She was glad she had a friend to protect her but she was also worried it would just put him in more difficult situation. This was all her uncle TOP's fault. He never should've told Bobby to watch over her.

"You heard him." Hanbin also shouted. "Anyone who tries to bully our Jisoo will have to answer to Bobby."

"Yah." Yunhyeong scoffed. "You could've at least said us and not only Bobby. We're her friends too, remember?"

Hanbin laughed. "Please, Bobby is enough."

Bobby suddenly left, still angry. Jisoo grimaced. Hanbin and Yunhyeong followed their friend, pulling Jisoo with them. Jisoo sighed, thinking it was going to be a tiring day.

•••••

Jisoo was quietly sitting on her seat inside the classroom. She was fidgeting around, feeling uncomfortable with all her classmates' staring. This is going nowhere, she thought. She needed to act as if nothing was wrong. That was the only way she could prove she was innocent.

Her prayer was answered when Nayeon arrived. She and Nayeon have somehow gotten closer within a short period of time. Nayeon was a sweet girl. She was also kind and gentle, the very reasons why Jisoo liked her and befriended her.

"Na—" Jisoo raised her hand to be noticed but paused.

Nayeon saw Jisoo waving at her but she ignored it. Nayeon was hurt and angry because of the rumours. Nayeon went straight to her seat without even looking at Jisoo. Jisoo almost forgot that Nayeon had feelings for Jinyoung and it just so happened that one of her pictures that was taken was with the student council president.

Her classmates snickered upon seeing Nayeon reject her. Jisoo felt embarrassed but chose to i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter