CHAPTER VI

You Belong with Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul still remembers how energetic and active Hani was when she first came to their neighborhood. But one winter day, while they were playing and running around the park, Hani suddenly collapsed gasping and severely out of breath.

 

Heechul was so terrified that he thought she’s going to die. Doctors diagnosed that she developed asthma. He felt guilty as he was the one chasing Hani when that happened. Probably the reason why he committed himself to look out for the girl. He even requested her mom to also provide him Hani’s nebulizer just in case she left hers anywhere.

 

Ever since then, her attacks were usually during winter. Doctors can’t explain the reason though, but she never had attacks during other seasons.

 

Unknown to her, Heechul started carrying scarf and gloves for her a week ago, for unexpected climate change. The nebulizer never left his bag whenever he goes, even if they are not together, the thing is always with him.

 

The two walk slowly, the cold winter wind started to blow and Hani started shivering. Heechul felt Hani’s hand getting tensed, he knew that the girl is starting to get scared since winter is her least favored season due to her constant attacks.

 

He saw a nearby bench, he guided her to seat and he started searching for the gloves and scarf in his bag.

 

“Hurry, put this on.” Heechul demanded

 

Hani obeyed silently and wore the scarf around her neck and put on the gloves.

 

“I’m sorry, you probably prepared these for yourself.” Hani almost whispered.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter