Four

The Jock and the Nerd

Jinyoung fix his hair and checked his eyeliner. Yes he wore make up, who wouldn't when you're going to a prom with the hottest guy in school. Jinyoung giggles at the thought as he looks himself over. He wore a balck skinny fit trousers which hugs his peaches like a second skin, it is Bambam approved so Jinyoung has no second thoughts on using that, partnered with a tailor fit jacket with a printed inside shirt and a balck Alexander McQueen sneakers.

Jinyoung looks around and grabs his phone as he heard his mom yelling for him to go down stairs.

"Hey baby you look great..your date is here. Jaebum is waiting there in the living room." his mom cheerfuly said as she looks at his son.

Jinyoung swallows nervously as he walks towards Jaebum who heard him and turns around. To say that he is shocked is an understatement, he got up and checks him out from head to toe.

'Eyes up here Mr. Im." Jinyoung teasingly said as Jaebum looks straight at him with a smile.

"You look,,wow." Jaebum said as he walks over to him offering his arms.

"What are you doing.."

"I'm your date..so I'm on a prince charming mode right now." Jaebum explained as Jinyoung laugh.

"So what am I a princess." Jinyoung jokes around and blush as Jaebum nods his head. He slap a hand on his boyfriend's arms and told him to stop messing with him.

"I am not messing around with you..you're my princess anyways."

"Shut up Mr. Im and lets go."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you want Youngjae." Vive the president of the student body committee ask not so politely as he looks at the man who drags her to an empty classroom.

"I have something for you to do."

"And why would I listen to a manipulative little..."

"Tell your father to find another job then..I can easily fire him with a flick of my fingers." Youngjae lifted an eyebrow as the girl in front of him closes her eyes.

"What is it.."

"I need you to make sure that Jaebum will win the Prom King title.."

"I dont need to..he will win for sure..."

"And make me his partner as the Prom Queen.." Youngjae added as Vive looks at him with surprise.

"Wait..are you threated by that make over nerd? As far as I know you're still as popular as your ex."

"Nothing is permanent in this world and he is gaining popularity just by being with Jaebum. I just need to feel reassured."

"Okay..I will do it."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaebum walks out of the car first before he turns to assist Jinyoung who has been red as tomatoes since his boyfriend is acting silly treating him like a girl which he isn't.

He let's the taller boy leads him inside as they both attracts attention, who wouldn't. The popular jock dating the school nerd is a hot topic.

"Hey hey hey.,look who just arrived. The prom king and queen." Jackson loudly said as he walks towards the two who chuckles at his antics. 

"Hey Jackson.,where's your dates?" Jaebum asked trying to steer his friend's attention away from the flustered Jinyoung.

"Well, they are just over there,,let's go." Jackson pointed out towards the much quieter side of the room.

"Hey baby,,look at you. You look so good,,ooohhh you did that eyeliner thing I taught you. Nice...you look nice." Bambam is beside himself with glee..bragging to everyone who will listen that he did that, he taught Jinyoung how to work it.

"Aish,,stop it Bammie..your embarrassing me." Jinyoung whines as he sat beside his friends who is crowding the oversized couch.

"Nah uh I won't.,,I have bragging rights." Bambam smirked as Jackson walks towards him leaning down to kiss him on the lips.

"Uhm..okay are you guys official now?" Jinyoung tentatively said as Jaebum sat beside him and is now watching how Jackson turns that simple kiss into a total make out session. Bambam is hissing in annoyance as Mark is quietly focusing his camera towards the two.

"Ah, yeah. We are official because someone here didn't even gave a good fight and surrendered his ." Bambam said as he crosses his arms and looks pointedly towards Yugyeom who is now sulking on the sofa, face red with embarrassment.

Mark chuckles evilly as he pats the maknae on the head while Jackson stomped his way towards the younger man, pull him up and forced him to sit on his lap.

"Come sit on daddy's lap Yugie..ignore yah momma's ing." Jackson said as he tries to comfort Yugyeom who is bowing his head now in embarrassment.

"Yeah..continue with that and he will die in embarrassment." Mark said comfortably as he grabs Bambam and cuddle.

Jaebum looks at the befulled Jinyoung who shruggs and decided to keep mum about his friend's weird relationship.

A group of girl walks pass but stopped near them.

"Hey Park, I voted for you to be the new prom queen..goodluck." A pretty cool girl in a little black dress said as he nooded in his direction and continued walking.

"Oh my gosh,,why did they do that?" 

"Why? They like you to be prom queen that's why they do that." Jaebum calmly said as he plays with Jinyoung's fingers.

"Well first I'm not a girl, second I'm not popular so their votes will just be in vain."

"Jinyoung..there's no gender discrimination here at this school and last year Youngjae won as prom queen."  Jaebum reminded his boyfriend who bits his lips with worry.

"Well, that's because Youngjae is popular, the two of you were the power couples back then." Jinyoung said as he thinks of what ifs ..what if Jaebum won and have his ex boyfriend as partner, will he be able to smile throughout the ceremony and their first dance.

"If I won and you're not my partner I will refuse award and give it to the runner up. I don't want it anyways, I want to be with you more." Jaebum said as he lifts Jinyoung's chin up leaning forward to kiss him on the forehead.

"Eww Mr. Im, who does forehead kisses today,,we're in the 21st century grandpa." Bambam hisses out as Jaebum turns to look at him, annoyed at the little drama queen.

"Maybe you need something up your mouth to shut you up little ."

"What? Stop it with the stereotyping, I can top these es anytime I want." Bambam complains as Jackson laugh his off.

Jinyoung rolls his eyes at his friends and stood up, grabbing Jaebum's hands and leading him towards the dance floor. He breath in nervously as he felt jitters all over..who would have thought that he will be able to have the most popular guy in school as his prom date. Dream come true.

"Ohhh look who's here..the side .." Some girl said unashamed that Jinyoung heard her statement as they look at him like he's filth.

"Ignore them babe..they're just jealous. And you're not the side ." Jaebum assured him but theres a glimmer of doubt that has been planted by that single rude statement.

They go on dancing and talking and basically have fun together when the time comes to announce the votes for Prom King and Queen, he looks proudly at his boyfriend and smiled.

"I know you will be crowned as Prom King Jaebum..heck you're the most popular guy here." Jinyoung said as he congratulates the uninterested man who shruggs his shoulders.

"I guess, I dont care really. I just want to spend some time with you rather than to go on that stage and smile at all these people." Jaebum mutters as the smaller man chuckles at his man's antics.

"Why thank you Mr. Prom King, for preferring my company over the crown." Jinyoung teasingly said as Jaebum smiled at him and wrapped and arm around him.

"I'm king whenever I'm with you anyways."

They giggle like some lovestruck teens they are when Mark, Bambam, Yugyeom and Jackson walks their way to their side and listened at the mc.

"Okay guys, great party, great food and now the votes are in. We are announcing the Prom King and Queen for this year, and first up..The JYP High Prom King is......." The drum roll was heard as the crowd makes some noise.

"Im Jaebum!" 

Jaebum smiled as the spotlight was centered on him and the crowd is chanting his name. He turns and looks apologetically towards Jinyoung who clap along with the crowd.

"Go on, it's only for a few minutes Jaebum..I understand." Jinyoung pushes his boyfriend away and the taller man look one last time on his direction before walking towards the stage, accepting the crown and certficate from the MC and some of the faculty members.

"Next up, the JYP High Prom Queen is..." the drum roll was heard again but this time it goes along with Jaebum's heartbeat. He knew that his ex was last year's Prom Queen and he might bagged the crown this year as well and he is worrying on what Jinyoung will feel once he saw him and Youngjae up on that stage.

"Choi Youngjae!" The mc announced with gusto as whispers flittered through the crowd. Most of them are talking about how the exes are still partnered up and most of the people around Jinyoung are staring at him in pity and curiosity.

"The'y are meant to be together..I pity that nerd dude.." 

"Yeah I mean I voted for the nerd guy but..Youngjae is really popular so..I'm kinda sad for the man."

"What if they get back together and dumped that Park dude..aww I feel bad for him."

"He got nothing on Jae..he beats him in any aspect. Poor guy, thinking that Jaebum will stick with him when he's just a replacement."

Jinyoung looks down in shame, he heard what they are now talking about as he looks on the stage where his boyfriend now stand beside Youngjae. Yes they really look good together,...

"Dont listen to these es who has big loud mouths but has peanut for brain." Bambam loudly said, he practically shouted all around him before enveloping Jinyoung in a hug.

"Remember bae, when you have good things happening in your life it goes with haters and when you have haters it means you're popular. Oh gosh I am so proud of you, trust on your man dear look at him standing there with that all over him and he only has eyes for you. See that es??" Bambam shouted again turning around and making sure the crowd around them heared what he is saying.

Jackson grabs the sassy man by the neck and kissed him sensless, he always gets excited whenever Bambam gets fierce. Mark pats his shoulder in a silent comforting way and turns him around, pointed at the stage and he saw how Jaebum is ignoring everithing that is going on around him and is now staring at him intensely. He blushes, happy that what his friend said was true. His boyfriend only has his eyes on him..he has nothing to worry about.

Meanwhile Youngjae is doing anything he can to distract Jaebum, he nudges him on the side and makes the taller man lean down. Jaebum looks at him in confusion and lean down to hear what he wanted to say, squinting his eyes a bit and looking at the crowd, making sure that Jinyoung is looking he whisper close to his ex's ears.

"Meet me at the school garden later tonight, we need a proper break up yeah? And in case you haven't notice I really do love you, spoil me one last chance Jaebum ah. Please , for old times sake." Youngjae whisper and pouted cutely, looking up at the amused Jaebum.

"Well I am happy that you are finally accepting everthing that has happened Youngjae..I miss this side of you. Sure I'll be there later so we can formally end things and start a new life." Jaebum smiled back and the crowd coos at the ex lover's cuteness on stage, misunderstanding what they saw.

"Relax hyung, just..dont mind them and trust him. He really likes you..I can feel it." Yugyeom mumbles as Mark wraps and arm around him, Jackbam couple still going at it behind them.

"I know Yugs..it's just..it hurts to look at them."

"Then dont.." Mark said as he looks at Jaebum.

"Better close your eyes for the things you dont want to see...they will have the first dance now." Mark announces as he saw how Jaebum walks with Youngjae to the center of the dance floor.

"I..I cant..I need to get out of here.." Jinyoung whispers as he turns around and walks out.

"Do we need to follow him?" Yugyeom tentatively asked as Mark leans down to kiss him on the cheeks.

"nah...he needs some time on his own."

 

TBC^^