EXTRA

The Flames That Melted the Ice

This is an extra, spur of the moment story to explain why, out of the other four SHINee members, 'Taemin' decided to ask Minho to help him out ;)


 

"Thank you for your hard work"

 

Taemin sighed and slumped down in his seat as he watched the interviewers take their leave. Glancing at his phone he noticed that it had been a few hours since he sent that last text message to August. Now not only was he imposing on her by asking for her help in tutoring, but he was keeping her waiting for such a long time. Honestly, he wouldn't be surprised if she had already left the cafe at this point. He wouldn't blame her.

 

"Excuse me? Taemin?" A gentle female voice asked, accompanied by a slight knock on the open door. Looking up Taemin saw Naomi standing in the doorway, swinging her car keys around her finger with a smile on her face. Returning the smile, Taemin stood up and bowed quickly to her. Naomi bowed in return and then stepped into the room, closing the door behind her. "Come on. I want to show you my new car" she said, gesturing out the window.

 

"Sorry, I won't be able to today. I have to meet August for-"

 

"I know. She told me all about it yesterday" Naomi interrupted, smiling brightly at Taemin. Knitting his eyebrows together, Taemin nodded slowly and opened his mouth to respond. "It's already been a few hours, though. You can just ask someone else to go and apologize for you, say that you're still in the interview" Naomi continued, not giving him the chance to speak. Taemin shook his head hesitantly, not sure how to respond to this. He didn't know Naomi all that well, but he was sure that this sort of behavior wasn't normal for her.

 

"Ask Minho! He doesn't have anything on his schedule at the moment!" She suggested, her smile never leaving her face.

 

"No... I really should apologize for myself" Taemin argued, trying to walk around Naomi and out the door. In a second her hand had shot out and wrapped around his shoulders, keeping him tightly locked in place.

 

"Call. Minho" Naomi hissed in his ear. Her tone of voice definitely did not match the smile on her face, which was still bright and friendly. "Come on. Just do this one favor for me? It can be your way of making things up to August, because trust me, she will be happy if Minho goes to apologize" Naomi continued, her friendly voice returning. Confused, and slightly frightened, Taemin pulled out his phone and started flipping through his contacts until he came to Minho.

 

"Actually, it might be better if I call him for you. That way it will actually seem like you're still in the interview" Naomi suddenly said, snatching the phone out of Taemin's hands. Still disoriented from the suddeness of all of this, Taemin didn't bother resisting her 'theft' and instead returned to his seat on the sofa. Right now his brain was still swimming from the interview, so arguing with Naomi when she was this determined would just give him a headache.

 

"Hey, Minho-sshi? Taemin had an appointment today that he won't be able to keep. Yeah, the interview is going longer than expected. He's very sorry to impose on you, but could you please stop by Kkoch Cafe and explain the situation to August? Short girl, blonde hair... yeah, that's the one! Thank you so much! Goodbye" the conversation couldn't have lasted longer than a minute, but by the time Naomi had hung up the phone she had a bright grin on her face. Turning to face Taemin, she lightly tossed him his phone. He nimbly caught it out of the air, a disgruntled look on his face as he looked up at Naomi.

 

"Come on, I'll teach you some things to make up for it. I do speak English nearly as fluently as August, after all" Naomi offered, jingling her car keys in order to try and tempt him. Sighing, Taemin nodded and followed her out the door.