2: Memories

Four Seasons Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

You know, when memories hit you… It hurts.

 

 

I could still remember everything about her.

 

 

Yes, she – the only her, that I have let my world revolve in.

 

Hwang Eunbi – the person that comes to my mind when I think of something that is closest to love. I don’t know what and how did it happened, but it’s just like that.

 

I fell… and I’m falling.

 

I met her just this school year. She is that someone who is definitely popular in our school. It is to the point that you are not ‘in’ when you don’t know her. I have wondered why before, but I am not that ‘away from Earth’ for me not to see the reason why.

 

It is just evident. Imagine she with the face with that vibe she carries with her, that brain, and her attitude. She is actually an excellent transfer student who got promoted to advance for two years. Now, she is the same year as me. And then, I heard she dance so well that she got to win some competitions in a national level before. She has this unique thing too of being soft-spoken and then on another time she isn’t. She sit and sometimes walk like a guy but she can be that girly too. Tell me, just how can someone be soft, cool, and hot at the same time?

 

She is this mysterious person you would regret of not knowing. I’m sure of that. She had this pull that just makes you either interested or intimidated. For me, the first one is the most probable of it all.

 

Although she rose easily to put her name on that hall of fame, she is actually someone who you could talk to easily. I even once saw her one day, around November, the time when dry leaves fall from trees and the sky is colored orange. I saw her approach someone quietly who looks like someone who is definitely in need of company. She has never let her fame eat up herself.

 

And since she got to be in the same year as me, we often got to interact. Especially, after that day when the rain poured hard, the words, the teasing and the jokes sprouted some sparkle behind them.

 

The mere interactions began to be not just interactions at all. The simple and gentle touch sends signals that mean something else. Every look and every gaze is something different, as if it is full of feelings, although I told myself not to assume. But I felt it. It is feelings - feelings that I thought I would want to name but I don’t know about her.

 

Tell me Eunbi, did a thought of letting me know ever pass you by?

 

I still remember how you asked me if I would attend the festival while shyly rubbing the back of your neck and then you look in a different direction. I could still feel how wide my smile that day, knowing what could you mean about it.

 

You are standing right in front of me; on your back is that beautiful scenery of the dusk sky. The setting Sun is keeping the melancholic atmosphere, making you look more amazing than you have always been, while I sit there, on the grasses looking up at you, wondering how could you always look greater than what I’ve witness.

 

“Did you make plans with your friend?” You asked. Oh, right. You are probably thinking about Sooyeon unnie since I told you about coming with her before.

 

And yet, with the level of my confidence back then, I am surprised I stammered a little.

 

“N-not yet. I –“ I lowered  my head as I let shyness creep in.

 

“9:00!” You suddenly said which made me look back to you with a bit of a jump. I almost giggled when I saw you shyly trying to hide you face with your right hand while you keep on looking away, although I could still see you stealing glances at me.

 

“L-let’s meet.” You continued. “on the little tower… at the center of the square.” 

 

You then lowered your hands and shyly looked at me. Your eyes are like orbs sparkling, yet I thought I could see more into it. It is like you had opened your soul to me and I almost drowned going on it.

 

“So… what do you think?” You asked me nervously. And without doubt, I smiled widely before nodding and giving you an over-excited yes.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter