1: Meeting You

Four Seasons Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You know, there are some moments you could never forget. Especially, if they already made a home inside your heart…

 

 

Drip.

 

I jumped a little. Something just fell on top of my head. I look up to see where it came from but another dropped and it almost hit my eye. I immediately shut it closed but I sensed another one... and then another.

 

I opened my eyes, and there I saw it. 

 

Dark clouds.

 

I scrunched my eyebrows, unable to register what it is. As if wanting to confirm, I opened my palm and raised it on a level of my chest. And there it came, a drop of water.

 

Hmm… Raindrops. 

 

I wonder when it started falling. I haven’t noticed I’m being drenched by it until now. I guess I’m too caught up with what I’m thinking. Well, it is just memories I wanted to keep. It’s been years already. I wonder if everything’s alright for –

 

Damn! Why would the droplets be this big when its just seconds?

 

Sometimes, I find myself disliking the thought of the sudden rain. They would come without signs and then make you all wet.. Just like her – alright, fine. I actually mean, often times, I have this thought that sudden showers are a bad idea. A BAD IDEA.

 

Time to run for shelter and  save myself.

 

I started to jog as I look around for a temporary shelter. The rain would pass soon anyway. I don’t know if that works as what I have used to think… but it just came suddenly. Probably, it, too, would soon go.

 

Maybe, it is just a batch of heavy clouds passing by.

 

Just like that person… 

 

But she is never and would ever be a heavy cloud.

 

I ran as I put my hands above my head as if that could prevent the rain from making my head wet. If it works or not, whatever, still I’ve done it. Have you ever wonder why some people do that too? Well maybe, it’s part of the habits. You do them, unnoticed, just like how you tried to stop thinking about someone or something but you end up thinking about them.

 

And well, why do I always forget to bring an umbrella. I sighed. Unnie would definitely scold me later once I got home.

 

I passed by a row of flowers. They are yellow and standing so upright; I thought it’s saluting the Sun which hides behind the dark clouds. They are more than ten. Probably, around twenties. It’s pretty. No, it’s actually beautiful.

 

Someone must have planted them. I haven't seen them around here before. I wanted to stop to take a look but it’s raining, so I continued. Big droplets started to pour and I’m still running. My small jibang designed keychain on my bag is dangling, hiding from the small parts of my bag like an unkempt shelter, like it doesn’t want to get wet too. I look around in an effort to find a place to stop by but I don’t see any. 

 

 

Why did I come to this place? I am not supposed to be walking near here.

 

Again, habits.

 

I quicken my pace until I saw some familiar things. I passed by some walls which I have never got to know why they have breaks and cracks on them. They look like they were about to collapse but they  hold on, not wanting to fall down and remain as broken pieces. 

 

I continued running… until I spotted a familiar place. It looks desolated but that would work. I won’t go inside anyway. 

 

I walked through the red arc made from two big round pillars, and one on top of them, connecting and filling the gap between the two pillars. The sound of my shoes that is making the water splatter to the sides can be easily heard as the soil becomes covered with cement little by little. I moved on farther. Farther, until I saw that red lamp standing tall, saying hi to those who have endured their leg muscles sore just to come to this place. It is not essy to come here anyway from a lower place, since the road is sort of an uphill-designed one.

 

I smiled. 

 

This brings back memories.

 

 

I passed through it and also to those two big sculptures of tigers facing each other. It’s kind of scary but I knew they would be there. And seeing them there made myself a little sense of protection rather than being scared. I spotted, on the end of the brick-designed cemented road, a house made of wood but is intricately carved with different shapes.

My heart beat loudly. Is it still there? I quicken my pace and went to the direction of the house.

 

I stopped, exhaled and catch for my breath once I got under some cover from the house. That was a long run. I haven’t run that far for a while.

 

I look around while I was trying to calm my heart. Woo. I guess the rain wouldn’t stop that quick and so I might as well look around.

 

I smiled. When is the last time I came here?

 

 

I walked on the side of the wall and turned. As expected, there’s a way to the other side of the house. I discovered that familiar big thing that is covered with white paint. It is still standing there. I’m glad it survived.

Honestly, I think it is just a wall. Though, I can’t still grasp what is the purpose of putting this wall in here. I stand beside it and started to squish the water out of my skirt and shirt. Then, I did my almost shoulder-length black hair next. It’s still long but it’s shorter than before. Though, sometimes I’ve been told to wear extensions by my father. He said it is because more people wants me with long hair and I should follow their wishes.

 

My head snapped upwards. 

 

I just heard something near me, something like someone moving or falling on the wood. I slowly turned my head. I feel anxious and yet excited. I peeked, the left eye first and then the right one. 

 

And I found myself exhaling. I don’t know if that’s because I feel relieved no one was there and I’m safe, or perhaps, it is a part of disappointment that the person I’m expecting to see isn’t there.

 

 

Indeed, there are some memories you could just never forget.

 

 

I could still remember vividly that beginning of summer in my last year in high school.

 

After class…

 

A sudden shower in the spring.

 

Just like a while ago, I’m running for a shelter.

 

I ran to this side of the house since the front one isn’t doing any help as it lets the water drip from the holes on the roof. I stand on the same place… trying to squish out the water from my uniform and my then blonde-dyed hair. 

 

I heard something. And as usual, I made a small jump and my right hand automatically flew to my mouth effectively concealing the small shriek I would give out. I stepped back and hid for some seconds. And then, I decided to take a peek of what or who is it. Left one first, and then the other. 

 

My eyes grew wide. There’s a girl over there. She is standing there without doing anything. Her back is partially facing me as she is leaning on the wall of this ‘white-painted-wall’. Her hands are on her pocket and her eyes are closed as if she is appreciatively listening to the little droplets drumming on the roof above. She looks so calm… so peaceful even.

 

I stepped back a little when she suddenly opened her eyes and turned her head towards me, accompanied by little movements from her body. Our eyes met but she looked away instantly. I drag my eyes away from her too and stared at the ground. 

 

It is quiet… all that’s left is just the little drumming of the raindrops from its interaction with the Earth. I’m actually surprised it is comfortable. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter