Lean On Me

Save the Best for Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie was always a normal girl. She dreamt of meeting her prince, riding on a white horse towards their beautiful castle when she was a child. As she grow up, she dreamt of meeting the right person who will love her as much as she loves him, brings her flowers, eat to famous restaurants with her, drive around the block and just make her experience a wonderful date that she will never forgot. 

 

But as she sat outside a convenience store near their apartment building, watching Kim Jiwon smile at her as he offered her a smoothie, she couldn't help but felt foolish. Bouquet of roses? Expensive cars? High-end restaurants? Nah, she'd rather be here with him, right now, drinking a strawberry smoothie, just spending time with him. 

 

"Are you okay?" Bobby asked and Jennie smiled, because of course, she's with him right now, she’s okay. "I mean, really, are you okay? I'm sorry if Seohyeon-noona made you uncomfortable. She can be overbearing sometimes," he added and Jennie just shook her head. 

 

"It's fine. Maybe she just doesn't like me?" she answered and she fight off a smile when she noticed how Bobby's brows furrowed. 

 

"What do you mean? She doesn't hate you, Jen." 

 

"I know. I said doesn't like me, not that she hates me, okay? It's different," Jennie said and Bobby just tilted his head, not understanding what she meant. "I mean, people on YGE always made it like a competition during our trainee days and Katie-sshi was always on the top 5 and must often, we're competing for the top spot. I dunno, maybe, she sees me as a competitor or something."

 

"That made sense," Bobby said, nodding his head. "But that doesn't mean that she should be mean to you. It's all friendly competition here. We're family," he added. 

 

"Family?" Jennie whispered and sadly smiled. Of course he’ll consid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter