Juvenescence

The two confidantes

If you wonder what is the meaning of the chapter, it means the state of being youthful 

enjoy reading

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While Jihyo and Jeongyeon are having a talk back at the kitchen, Chaeyoung are with her friends who are located inside the café, they talk about their hobbies and childhood memories,

Dahyun brings out her wallet, “Look how small we were Chaeyoung. Hahahahaha” She points at the picture and released a huge cackle of laughter until she choked herself from laughing too hard.

Chaeyoung just looking at her annoying friend with her eyes says it all. “Dear Lord help me.”

Dahyun grab Chaeyoung shoulder, she snickered then all of the sudden “Cough….. Ughhhh ” not knowing what happened she accidentally cough her air carrying her saliva as well right in front of her face,

“Pwee what are you doing” Chaeyoung wipes her face because of the sprinkle of saliva that Dahyun coughed.  “Yuck! Pweeeee”

Chaeyoung grabbed Dahyun by the neck chocking her lightly; shaking her head back and front until Dahyun pinch her cheeks heavily, turning it to red, Chaeyoung stopped waggling her head since it hurts.

“YAH Dahyun stop!” Chaeyoung hold her wrists and whimper. She can feel the stings from Dahyun’s pinches.

“Say sorry.” Dahyun grins and teases her more.

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry DUBU YAH!!!” Chaeyoung raised her tone and her eyes are beginning to water from the pain.

Dahyun stops pinching her cheeks and began to hug her tightly. “SORRY TOO!!!”  Chaeyoung touches her cheeks, feeling her skin from the pinches.

They stared at each other for a minute.

But the both of them just laughed it off. Tzuyu just watch the two have fun; she bit her lower lip and smiled. She loves to watch and hear people have fun; she really loves it, perhaps.

 Dahyun and Chaeyoung looks like real sisters by blood and somehow Tzuyu felt a little sting from her heart since she never met her older sister, she only hears stories from her maids back at Taiwan.

She really wants to meet her sister even though her maids describe her as cunning, smart, mischievous. But her parents never mention her sister, when she asked them they only say insolent, dense, fool.  It only breaks her heart whenever they bad mouthed her sister every time she asked them.

Dahyun and Chaeyoung clears their throat. Um. Tzuyu are you alright?” Chaeyoung bravely asked the girl.

Tzuyu looks at them, “Uhm. Yeah” She gives a painful smile to the two, she fixed her posture. “How did the both of you met?”   

The two girls looked at each other, signaling who’s going to say it or should they say it to Tzuyu. “We knew each other since primary school.” Dahyun fixed then flash her a smile,

Chaeyoung interrupted, “Yeah we knew each other like a long time. How about you two? How did you meet?” she looks at them. Dahyun raised her eyebrow to Chaeyoung and look at Tzuyu like nothing.

“How did we meet again Tzuyu? Hahhaa” she let an awkward laugh.

Tzuyu looked really disappointed to Dahyun, “Sigh…. We met when we were in middle school. When Dahyun is standing at the hallway with her friends, then I was a transferee she saw me holding the new ice cream flavor from the canteen.” She passionately tells the story to Chaeyoung but Dahyun is resisting herself from laughing, “Then I startled Tzuyu but she attacked me with her ice cream on my face.” Then Dahyun let out a huge laugh.

They are really enjoying each of their companies even though Chaeyoung and Tzuyu are practically strangers but they are getting the hang of it.

When Chaeyoung was a child she is extremely bashful in front of people. She used to hide behind her mother every time they went out to the market to buy some groceries. Her mother’s friends find Chaeyoung cute despite the social insecurities because she always wears a cute pink dress with her pigtails that are high, and every time they gave her candies or sweets she can’t hide her deep dimples.

 Her mother always accompany her when she goes to school even little Chaeyoung doesn’t want to, she always tries to be sick in every time in the morning, she first begins with her fake coughs then her mother fetch the first aid kit then inserting a thermometer in , when her mother is away in the kitchen she puts it in her hot chocolate to increase the temperature but her mother always catch her silly tricks every time.

At primary school Chaeyoung was bullied a lot because of her small figure that is why she was tend to called a “dwarf” and she is always alone and out casted. She releases her stress through drawing and short poems at her small notebooks. At first she didn’t let anyone see her things and this is where Dahyun entered her life.

Dahyun is a mischievous happy go lucky girl, she is somehow one with the popular girls at school and every now and then she always noticed little Chaeyoung to be sad or always looking at her notebooks all the time.  She approached her and flashes her widest and brightest smile but little Chaeyoung just ignored her.

Her fellow classmates begin to spread rumors about Chaeyoung saying, “She’s so mean” and Dahyun just ignored it since she believes that it is completely a made up story.

One day a kid just threw a crumpled paper to little Chaeyoung who is sitting in her desk but luckily Dahyun saw the scene and approached the two of them and quickly picks the paper up before Chaeyoung does.  

Little Chaeyoung just looked at her notebook and completely embarrassed by the situation, she just sat there like mannequin, motionless and scared and it make Dahyun worried.

Dahyun opened the paper making her mad by the text. “You don’t belong here. UGLY DRAWF” she threw back the paper back to the huge kid who is in front of her double of her height, she stood straight, ready to fight and this is when she glared back at the boy; she is not scared, she wants to help her fellow classmate that is being bullied.

Her classmate didn’t hesitate to push her down on the floor making a scene inside the classroom, it made her extremely mad for the sudden and unnecessary move; her white face turns to a red tomato in a short time.  She stands up and pushed him back. She grabbed him by the shirt and began to attack the boy luckily someone reported the fight before it turns to an ugly brawl. The three of them earned a trip to the guidance office.

While sitting and waiting for their parents inside the office little Chaeyoung can’t stop crying and blaming herself that one of her classmate is hurt. Dahyun can’t take anymore as she saw her growl in spite with her left eyes that is almost shut from the bruise, she faced her,” Hey stop crying I’m here there is no way you will be hurt again. I will be your guardian okay?” she held Little Chaeyoung’s small hand reassuring her that everything is going to be okay.

Little Chaeyoung looked at her with her face that is drenched with her tears and snorts,”O-Okay.” She sniffled. “I’m sorry that I just stood there and didn’t help you, Thank you for fighting for me. Can we be friends? ” She grip Dahyun’s hand tightly.

Dahyun smiled. “Okay. Chingu-yah.”  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dahyun can’t help but to smile and cheer for her friend who is trying to open up herself to Tzuyu. Living her to witness the sweet moments Chaeyoung fulfill. She rests her elbow onto the table, then her palm catching her chin, what a great view to begin.

They both laugh, with those small giggles, she wants to remember this, this kind of feeling, the lightness when they smile. Chaeyoung can feel the heat growing in her cheeks; she can’t help but to sink in Tzuyu’s laugh, smile, and her eyes.  She suppressed a smile.

 All those sweet words that came from Tzuyu’s mouth are making her dunce. There is a pause, a short one; they just stared at each other’s eyes,

“What’s wrong? Is there something on my face?” Tzuyu asked the girl, jokingly.

Chaeyoung was startled to the sudden brainteaser,”Uh-Uhm, No, Uh, Nothing, There is none.” She blinks her eyes hastily, looking from her left to right, whenever her eyes can see.

Chaeyoung’s cheeks are constantly blushing, she can’t help but to look away and distract herself. Tzuyu find it very amusing, the girl who is in front of her is really, really, shy. She can’t help but call her attention again. She taps her hand and Chaeyoung slowly look at her. “Why?”

“Talk to me. Please? There is nothing to embarrass about.” Tzuyu looked at her firmly but her tone really makes Chaeyoung’s heart tremble. She just nods, slowly.

Tzuyu gave her a smile,” Okay, I’ll be back. I will go to the washroom.” She stands up and went to her destination. Chaeyoung can’t help but to follow her with her eyes, she is mesmerized, like she is enchanted by her.

Dahyun clears ,” Hey lover girl.” She looks at her radiantly and she let out a huge grin on her face making her eyes look like a line.

Chaeyoung was shock about the phrase,”Don’t get me started, Dahyun.” Her eyes widened.

Dahyun let a sigh released, ”Yah! It’s written all over your face.” She leans forward and whispered. “Chae don’t lie to yourself. In fact I never see you get so flustered and what’s with the blushing?” she playfully pin down the evidences as if she’s playing I spy.

Chaeyoung touched the temple of her forehead, she began to rub it with her finger and sigh. “I just met her.”

Dahyun was surprised making her small eyes bulge, “So? What’s your point?” she laid her back on the backrest of the chair, arms crossed and she just stared at her judgingly.

Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows, “Why are you looking at me like that?”

Dahyun straightened her back, fixed her hair, “All I’m saying is you do really like. That is why there is this famous phrase “Love at first sight.” “She raised both middle and index fingers signaling double quotation.

Chaeyoung side-eyed her, she faces her, “I-DO-NOT-LIKE-HER! PERIOD” She enunciates every syllable loud and clear.

“You do not like who?” Tzuyu surprisingly entered the conversation leaving the both them frozen.  Dahyun stand briskly, “I will go buy water. Chaeyoung --” She successfully escaped the situation and she winked at Chaeyoung.

“Uh” Chaeyoung gulped.

Earlier

When Tzuyu was on the toilet, she heard the door opens and closes loudly, she was startled from the shock but she ignores it. There is someone in the washroom and she can hear talking to herself, as if she is imitating an argument. As she opens her stall a stall closes so Tzuyu stepped out.

In front the sink there is this huge mirror, it can cover three stalls. Tzuyu first washed her hands, cleaning every spot she can reach. She look at the mirror, reapplying her lipstick and foundation then the stall clicks open, then there is this dead silence, they didn’t greet each other just plain blank silence.

The girl washed her hands then she spotted Tzuyu looking at her but she stared at her and they had an eye contact, clearly she is not interested, she just stared the girl with dead eyes. After she finished washing her hand she just went straight out the Bathroom.

Clearly Tzuyu is observing the person, she noticed that the way Jeongyeon walked is steady and briskly, and when their eyes met, the way the girl’s eyes were rigid and at the same time cold as ice. For the first time she was shaken and uncomfortable to a person she about to meet.

When Tzuyu was done, she went out then she saw Chaeyoung and Dahyun talking so she fasten her walk then when she is near at the table, she heard “I DO NOT LIKE HER.” The sudden phrase made her worry and also sad at the same time. So she interrupted their conversation.

“You do not like who?” she said, smilingly.

Dahyun quickly escaped the situation leaving Chaeyoung .

“Uh” Chaeyoung gulped.

Tzuyu sat down, still looking at her, wanting to receive an explanation.  Chaeyoung noticed Tzuyu drew a deep breath and let a big sigh released. Making the girl worried.

 “Are you okay? I didn’t mean to pertain it to you.” she asked.

Tzuyu was startled to the sudden question. “Yeah I’m alright why did you ask?” she nodded lightly.

Chaeyoung look at her from her waist up to her eyes. “You looked ‘uncomfortable’? I’m sorry for being a bore to your company.” She plays with her hands, scratching the skin near to her thumb.

Tzuyu was surprised to her answer making her dumfounded that she is grinning because the girl look so cute.

“What? No it’s not it. I’m enjoying your company really.” She faced her and she waves both of her hands signaling to her that what Chaeyoung is thinking is completely wrong.

“Really?”

“Yes, I’m not lying.” She replied.

Dahyun in to their conversation. “You know Chaeyoung. Tzuyu can’t lie; she always tells the truth since we were kids.” She raised her eyebrows.

“I’m glad to hear that.” Chaeyoung also escaped the dreaded question earlier.