Butterfly effect

The two confidantes

June 24, 2012

In early summer the street is filled with sophisticated colors of the sunrays from hitting the glass from the post. It strikes the road where people walk everyday, busy streets every 8:00 am in the morning. Even it is hot you can actually feel the lightness of the breeze swaying the trees in front of a famous small and age-old cafe near the avenue. Every morning the street is filled with the freshness of there coffee bean that attracts the mass and there bake goodies and pastries that can make anyone feel so special. Jihyo who is the owner of the cafe smiles brightly to the customers that her smile can make you swoon and shake your knees because of its sweetness from it, that is why people are coming back especially men to the place and also women. With her being famous to the area her co-owner is not showing up anywhere. Jihyo who is handling the customers alone is making her frustrated.

"HEY!!!! YOO JEONGYEON WHEN I SEE YOU LATER YOUR DEAD!!!!!" in her mind.

Suddenly her phone starts ringing. She immedietly answer her phone and she can't resist to smile from ear to ear.

"Hey, Nayeon why did you called its a miracle you actually woke up 8:00 am in the morning?"

"YAHHHHHH miracle my I just woke up without realizing the time. So anyways the reason I called is because I want to order some coffee if you don't mind."

"Hahaha, Im Nayeon did you know that we don't handle reservations....... SO GET YOUR COFFEE HERE."
Jihyo hanged up her phone because the customers are getting larger and larger. She felt really bad for hanging up to Nayeon her best friend.

"IS SHE CRAZY WHY DID SHE HANGED UP ON ME!!!! YOU WAIT PARK JIHYO THERE!!!"

In a couple of blocks away from the shop you can see a simple yet well furnished houses beside the trees of cherry blossoms, this is where Jeongyeon's house is located. Her house is an average size from a normal family. It looks old but it is well kept and clean. Inside her home is filled with different pastel colors that makes the house more lively and brings relaxation from the color. Her living room is where her collections are located, different styles and sizes of legos are displayed. Her room is clean like literally clean you cannot spot any dust from any appliences or decorations she has. With this house she is just alone. She wants a companion she wishes it everyday, waking up to the person you adore, love, and  grow old with everyday in there lives. Ready to die because she lived out her life with extraordinary happiness. Jeongyeon is still sleeping, usually she sleeps like a baby; strangely she is sweating like a pig. She is murmuring but cannot dicepher any of it then suddenly her 5th alarm went off that is when she got up gasping for air.

"Breathe. Jeongyeon. Breathe what was that? Who is she? WHAT WAS THAT DREAM?" She talked to herself.

She touch her nape thinking restlessly about that dream.

"Am I going crazy? Hahaha"

She smirked then she look at the time and it is 8:00 am then she remembered that she is late for her work.

"Oh !!!!!!!! SHE'S GONNA KILL ME" She loudly shouted it.

Quickly she tidy herself up. With her hair being short is an advantage because it can be easily clean. After she got out to the shower she quickly dressed herself up, she wears white long sleeves tuck in her slacks, that is her everyday uniform with her white shoes to compliment the minimalistic style in their cafè. Afterwards she runs off like an ostrich, with legs being long she can be at the cafe by 8:20. She is at the crossing, sadly the signal is red. She is waiting then when the signal is green she walks briskly until she accidentally collides a person but she only glance at them then said sorry at that person and returned to the fact that she is actually late for her work.

Exactly 8:30 she is at the cafe, people are still in line. She gulped while walking towards the counter, her knees are trembling from fear. She get her apron from her locker and taps Jihyo shoulder slowly in front of the expresso machine.

"Hey, YOO JEONGYEON where were you exactly earlier? Give me a proper reason why were you late?" Jihyo slowly turns to Jeongyeon's direction with her huge eyes that can kill.

"Uh......I......was......home.....I overslept........ Sor--"

Jihyo snapped at her. She bring herself close to Jeongyeon's shoulder and she whispered.

"Yah.......... don't do this unless your brave enough to accept the consequences. We talk later. Get back to work." She smirk while tapping Jeongyeon's cheek then she return to her post. Jeongyeon answered her very loudly. "YES, MA'AM!' then she got back to her work.

"Oh I can feel my death is coming."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earlier 8:23 am in the morning; Crossing

"Did she just ignored me? How rude of her." Mina quickly stand both with her feet and followed the "crazy girl". She quickly texted her gals.

Mina's phone

[Mina]

Hey guys someone just literally shoved past at me like are you out of your mind??????

[SANA]

WTF???!!!! WHO SHOVED AT YOU TELL ME MINA IMMA WHOOP THERE !!!

[MOMO]

WHATTT JUST HAPPEND TELL ME THE NAME I 'LL HUNT THEM OUT.

[MINA]

Guys Im currently following her right now.

[SANA]

So her is a SHE?

[Momo]

Hey sana can you calm your for a minute?

[SANA]

Im just asking momo...............wink

[Mina]

Okay, I know her location. She works at this famous cafè here.

[Sana]

Do you want us to come?

[Momo]

Let's go right now sana. Im at the crossing right now so you better get your out in your bed.

[Mina]

Thank you guys. I'll be waiting here in front of the cafe. Take care

[Sana]

Mina take a photo of her for "profiling" purposes

[Momo]

Really? Im right here sana.

End of conversation - 8: 25 am

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8:30 am; Café

While waiting to her friends, Mina is currently standing in front of the café. Many people are in awe because of the exotic beauty of hers. With her stance like a royal blood like it brings out her more endearing appeal. As people  keeps staring at her unconsiously she felt insecured. At last Momo and Sana finally arrived. She finally let go of her nervous breaths because her two best friends are here to help her out.

"Minari!!!!!!!!! Did you wait here?" Sana who almost flew over to Mina.

"No, Sana I just got here. Let's proceed now to the café." She smiled to the two ladies with finnesse and tenderness of relief.

"Mina, I'm hungryyyyyyyyy let's eat firsttttttttt." Momo who suddenly talk because she always hungry.

"Alright we can eat first then kill her okay momo?" Sana responded to Momo like a big sister. The girl just nodded. They entered the café and suprisingly there is a huge crowd in the counter. The three girls sat to an empty table by the window, with a view that is almost like a movie when you stared at it for too long. It brings peace to the people who are tired of the day, although only few can appreciate it's beauty and one of those is Myoui Mina. Even though there is a long line gradually it became shorter and shorter in no time. Mina who is constantly looking at the counter for she waits who is the person who shoved her in the streets. With her eyes that is like a laser like vision finally she got the chance to glance her face. And when she is at it she find her very charming almost like a very fine women, her side view really brings out the flamboyance of the cashier without knowing they finally got a glance of each other faces. They stared for like a moment. The moment feels like an eternity, she can feel her heart racing everytime it gets longer and longer until Jeongyeon smiled at her in the cutest way as possible. She eventually cut the moment and hastily look in the other direction. Her face who is bright red and resisting to feel the butterflies in her stomach, she clench her chest thinking about that moment.

She was looking at her as if it is the last time they will meet, her eyes is very pretty. Her moles in her face that highlights her beauty is truly captivating. In the process of it Jeongyeon smiled at her because she can't resist in anymore and suddenly the girl just look in the different direction. It makes Jeongyeon skip a beat for the first time in years.

"Somehow it is a lucky day for me." Then she smirk like an idiot and now she is waiting for her to come to the cashier.

While Jeongyeon is busy at the counter, Jihyo ask her to fetch some cups from the storage because they are running out of it at the counter. Her phone vibrates while she's on at it.

"Hello?"

"UNNIE ITS ME CHAEYOUNG."

"Why did you call? Is there something wrong?"

"YAH!!!! NO, I HAVE A GOOD NEWS!!!"

"What is it? You better make it better."

" We passed the entrance exam in the university that is near to your coffee shop."

"REALLY!! CONGRATS WE WILL TREAT YOU WHEN WE MEET LATER!!!"

"THANK YOU UNNIE!! YOU ARE REALLY THE BEST. WE WILL GO THERE BY 9:30 AM."

"I know I know, Gonna call you later I'm working right now. Again congrats my dongsaeng." She smiles without knowing that Jihyo is calling her attention then she hanged up.

"Sorry Jihyo! Chaeyoung called me that they passed the entrance exam earlier." She shared it to Jihyo.

"Really?????? Woahhh I'm so proud at her. Our youngsters is really good at studying. Let's treat them later." She grindely smile to Jeongyeon.

"Okay let's finish this first then we roll out."

"OKAY I HAVE A LOTS OF ENERGY AFTER HEARING IT NOW." Jihyo went back to her station productively as well as Jeongyeon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8: 45am

Yoo Jeongyeon is still waiting for Mina at the counter hoping that they can order now for she can talk to her. In any moment Momo and Sana stood up then walk directly to the counter.

"Can I have your order Ms?"

"Can I have Iced americano with a shot of simple syrup and milk." Sana responds looking at Jeongyeon at very alarming rate.

"Uhhhhh....... okay miss may I please have your name?"

"Its Sana. S-A-NA. Come here for a second." Jeongyeon lean her face to hers that she can hear her voice.

"Are you checking out our friend there at the table?" Sana points at Mina and chuckled.

"Uhhh.......No.....I was......just looking at her." Jeongyeon is blushing uncontrollably and fidgeting.

"HAHAHAHAHAH I was just joking.......Yoo Jeongyeon." She read her name tag.

"Enough with the fancy talk. Can I have your house specialty sandwich." Momo interrupts there conversation.

"Oh yes miss, do you want a drink with that?" Jeongyeon respond without knowing.

"I would like the same as hers." Momo stare at Sana madly then return talking to Jeongyeon.

"Okay, Ms?" Jeongyeon ask.

"Momo." Momo shrug her money at the counter without counting it then return to there table.

"Sorry, this is our payment." Sana just smiled at Jeongyeon sadly then returns to her sit also.

"What's with these people today? Huh?" Jeongyeon talked to herself again then began making their order.
After making them Jeongyeon first called Sana then Momo. Momo is the one who fetched there orders, she glared at Jeongyeon in a few then back again to there sits.

"WTF just happend?? These people are weird." She thought to herself.

--------------------------------------------------------------
9:00 am


Finally Jihyo is free at last. Only few customers are remaining in there seats.

"Whoooh, finally I can seat now." She grabbed a chair from there office, then her phone rang.

"Jihyo."

"Yes, Nayeon?" Her voice became lively again after hearing her voice.

"Look at your window." Nayeon said.

"Huh? Where are you? I can't see you. Your joking again."

"Come outside ." then she hang up.

Jihyo stared at her phone chuckling like a baby. Then she went out as Nayeon said, all of the sudden Nayeon scared Jihyo but it didn't work because earlier she saw Nayeon standing beside the door of the cafe practicing then she said to herself "Woah, she looks like a bunny with that hair. Hhmm." She just stared her phone because she can't resist the cuteness of Nayeon practicing the suprise jump to her. Nayeon is one year older than Jihyo but she acts like a baby when she's in the good mood while Jihyo is much more mature than hers. With there friendship spanning from 9 years Jihyo never said Unnie to Nayeon because it feels weird.

"Hey, Jihyo where is my coffee?" She clung to her.

"Go order it by the counter, I will make it special just for you." She smiled at her that it is radiating to Nayeon's eyes.

"Yah Jihyo how come you don't have a boyfriend? Or girlfriend?" Nayeon ask her out of the blue.

"I'm still waiting for the right moment. Besides I'm happy having Jeongyeon and you in my life. I'm blessed by just seeing you laugh and smile everyday." She look at Nayeon very calmly and looking through her eyes passionately, her smile that she never seen before and it made Nayeon heart skip a little.

"Let's chat inside you cheesy microphone. HAHAHHAH". Nayeon said sarcastically.

The door opens and Jeongyeon look at it for who it might be and shockingly it was Nayeon.

"HEY NAYEON LONG TIME NO SEE." She smiled at the girl passionately.

"YAH YOO JEONGYEON CAN YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH YOUR NOISY AF. HAHAHAHBAHA." Nayeon responds as cutely as she can. Jeongyeon groans because she can't resist the 'ugly' face of hers.

"Stop it gramma you look like ." Jeongyeon whispered it by her ear.

"Yah!!!! I know you like it when I act like this. You're so mean." Nayeon continues the act.

"Okay, Ms what is your order?" Jeongyeon breaks the ice because she can feel Jihyo eyes batting to her spinal cord.

"Okay, Yoo Jeongyeon I would like a brewed coffee." Nayeon answered her seductively with the 'ugly' face of hers. Jeongyeon covers her nose.

"You stink you piece of crap. Hahahahah" she just laugh it off because Jihyo's eyes is still on her back stabbing it right now.

"I will seat now, please tell Jihyo to make it etxra special." She winked at her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9:20 am

By this time Mina is constantly thinking how to open up how she was pushed in the streets earlier by that charming girl by the counter.

"Mina what is your plan? By the way who is the person who bumped at you earlier?" Sana asked.

"It was that person by the counter." Mina said it to Sana slowly and pointing at her.

"REALLY? Her name is Yoo Jeongyeon, even her name sounds y. Am I right Mina?" Sana teased Mina while Momo is still mad at her. Sana took notice of it  and she said something to her.

"YAH! MOMO YOU CAN'T BE JELOUS BECAUSE I JUST TALKED TO A STRANGER. HOW CRAZY OF YOU THAT IM ACTUALLY HITTING ON HER." Sana snapped at Momo in a good manner.

"I know, I know Sana its just your too beautiful in that clothes of yours. You look so freaking y in that see through blouse of yours. You always bring me headache when your beautiful in anything" Momo said it to Sana agitatedly. It made Sana blush without knowing it hit her hurt so strong.

"Oh stop the sweet chit chat both you. Help me out here." Mina interrupts.

"Oh right. How about you hit her on? Like confess to her that she hit you earlier and you demand mercy aka a date." Sana suggest.

"Oh Sana you think that will actually works?" Mina smiled at her like an idiot.

"Just so you know Mina she's attracted to you. Look she keeps on looking here like a broken side mirror." Momo added.

"JUST go by the counter and talk to her about it and your done." Sana joined.

"Okay Okay stop it, here I go." Mina stand up quickly.

"Hwaiting." The two smiled at each other.

Mina is walking to Jeongyeon's direction. She feels nervous about this plan. And then,

"How can I help you Miss?" Jeongyeon cheerfully greeted her. Mina is not expecting so sudden.


"Uhm...... I...... would like an Iced coffee...... black." Mina is breaking down because of the pressure from her friends watching from a far.

"Uhm okay Miss what is your name? Jeongyeon added.

"Its Mina."

"What a very beautiful name Miss Mina-sshi." Jeongyeon smiled at her. With her smile that penetrates every form of facade in the building that surrounding melts. Mina in her thoughts, "Oh her smile is cute." Mina liked Jeongyeon's smile because it is incredibly pleasant and it can make her feel at ease."Okay this is the payment and uhm can I talk to you later there is something I need you to know about earlier, this morning." She quickly pays her and returned from there sit.

When Jeongyeon finished making the drink she served the drink by herself as if she was hypnotized by hers. It is the first time she actually served a drink to a customer. Jihyo is really shocked to what she is witnessing now.

"Tsk Yoo Jeongyeon you fell in love again." Jihyo said in to her mind." while giving the coffee to Nayeon who is looking at Jeongyeon too.