Confrontation

The two confidantes

There are many different ways on how does a person classifies themselves in the society, that we are currently living in. The people who make it happen are the competent ones; they have two options it’s either to win or to lose. The people who watch to make it happen are likely to fail since they don’t take any actions to complete or to reach their goal without efforts, in the end they will just regret. And lastly the people who wonder what happened; these are the people who don’t want to be part of a story because in the end they think it makes them worry or to feel sorry to someone.

After Nayeon witnessed the moment of Jeongyeon and Mina, just a few inches away from them she can undo the red string that is already visible in her eyes, she can make Jeongyeon avert her eyes from Mina for she may snatch it away from her. How saddening to witness her love gets taken away from her; In a matter of seconds she is gone. But she can’t do it since she does already knew that Jeongyeon will never love her, that she will never be acknowledge, that she is afraid of what will might happen, that she may destroy their friendship in a 3 word phrase again. She can feel how Jeongyeon’s is into Mina, almost like a dog who is eyeing her owner for the very first time. Jeongyeon is a knight in shining armor finding her princess all this time. Nayeon grasp her hand, tightening as much as possible until it bled. She knew it hurts but this is just the only way she can let out her guilt feeling that time. Every single second that she witnesses it, it makes her mad to the point that she pities herself, for she doesn’t have what Mina’s has which is purity. She doesn’t know the girl but she can easily find that she is delicate and has a pure heart. That it is obviously right in front of her, they have a thing for each other. In every single way she can possibly imagine, Mina will love Jeongyeon more than her. Nayeon believes it; it makes her much better by just giving up without trying. Jihyo seeing Nayeon struggling right before her eyes makes her heart afire. Jihyo only cares for the happiness of Nayeon nothing else more. She is ready to raise her white flag to Jeongyeon if she will ever love Nayeon, because deep in her heart she can see that Nayeon loves Jeongyeon more than her – her selfless dying love to Nayeon will never change since she already embraced it within herself and soul.

“YAH! YOOJEONGYEON, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!”. Jihyo bluntly shouted in front of everyone, her loud voice is echoing through the space inside the café, bouncing from ear to ear for she can manage to get her attention. She is completely unbothered by the fact that people are starting to whisper and gauging their eyes just to see what is happening between the two of them. People love dramas in public especially like this, looking like they might kill each other. Jihyo’s eyes right now are filled with anger and stubbornness because of what is Nayeon is currently feeling - being hurt and she can’t stand it because it is making her more carefree of her actions that she is like a puppet in ready to give up her strings just for her. She is used to being in front on the spotlight, which is why she is completely used to this kind of drama. The tension between Jeongyeon and Jihyo are getting thicker and thicker until Jeongyeon break the air “What is your problem? Huh? I’m just serving the order .” Jeongyeon quickly answered Jihyo but this time she is annoyed, with the fierce eyes of hers she can have a head-to-head battle with Jihyo because both of them are swore rivals. Anytime soon they might beat each other up, Nayeon stand and thinking that the two will fight and all of the sudden.

-door opens-

“Unnies, what are you doing? Don’t tell me you’re fighting right now the both of you?” Jihyo and Jeongyeon heard the familiar voice and they quickly compose themselves since Chaeyoung, Dahyun and a new girl are looking at them scared of what is going to happen next. “Uhm……. This is nothing Chaeyoung hahaha am I right Jeongyeon?” Jihyo answered Chaeyoung since she doesn’t want to make them worry about the stupid situation right now. “HAhaha! your right Jihyo. I’M going to serve the drinks now.” With her smile that is almost transparent as if she is signaling war to her, Jihyo just ignored it. Finally Nayeon let a huge sigh after Chaeyoung and Dahyun almost witnessed the dreadful and almost fight, Nayeon just sits and wait for them to finish. Jihyo brightly smile to the three of them and ask:

“Oooh! Who do we have here?” Jihyo asked the new girl politely and merrily.

“I’m Chou Tzuyu, I’m currently taking Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication. “ Tzuyu confidently answered her Unnie and gently bowed.

“REALLY! So you wanted to be a reporter how fitting of you unlike Chaeyoung who is taking Bachelor of Fine arts major in painting and in English makes her more anti- social. So please guide her well.” Jihyo happily shared Chaeyoung’s courses to Tzuyu.

“Hahahaha! Unnie she already told me earlier For me the courses Chaeyoung is taking is suiting in her best attributes.” Tzuyu replied laughing beautifully. The two laughed but Chaeyoung is completely embarrassed by Jihyo.

“UNNIE WHY DID YOU DO THAT!” Chaeyoung with her frown and pout in her face. “I’m right here you know!! I’M TAKING BACHELOR OF MUSIC MAJORING IN PIANO AND COMPOSITION,HAHAHA THANKS FOR NOT ASKING ME UNNIE” Dahyun aggressively interrupts the conversation.

“I’m sorry DUBU! Will you forgive me?” Jihyo begging for mercy to Dahyun in a cutely manner. “How about treat us for lunch here?” Dahyun respond happily.

“Okay. Call” Jihyo confidently answered her and ask them to take their seats first since Jihyo and Jeongyeon is planning to eat with them. While the girls are talking earlier Jeongyeon quietly serve the drink towards to Mina, “Please Enjoy.” She smiled while looking at Mina’s eyes that are like an arrow shooting towards her heart. The sharpness in her eyes makes her more swoon every time they got a chance to meet. In that brief moment Jeongyeon felt something unreal that she forgot what is happening earlier, that she let herself drown to Mina’s eyes for a second. For her Mina is different than the other girls, she is like an untouchable goddess who has descended on earth.

“Thank you and are you alright?” said Mina looking worried about Jeongyeon .

“Oh its nothing. Thank you for worrying.” said Jeongyeon blasting a huge smile in her face before returning in her post.

Jeongyeon returned to the counter with a grin in her face, looking like an absolute idiot thinking about it.

8:00 AM; UNIVERSITY

In this time of season the universities are currently posting the final results of the entrance exam. This is the time where students diligently study to make it up to the cut. Anxious students are gradually swelling up, some of the students didn’t have enough for the qualifications to enter the university and some who have passed the entrance exam with a breeze. Every time Chaeyoung and Dahyun slowly approaching the board there hearts are beating faster and faster, there palms is sweating already because it is nerve wracking pretty much this is their dream university. Witnessing some of the students coming back with a huge hump on their back indicates that they have failed the exam; this is giving them a lot of stress and pressure. Now the crowd is grown into a huge mess they can’t approach the post that easily, seeing them being so slow there earlier, now they are stuck in the compact crowd. Many minutes had passed there are now in front of the board, they searched for their names as quickly as possible like a cheetah who is preying on his chase for hours and the both of them is shook and barely crying because of happiness, they saw their names they felt like a super saiyan there and they quickly gone out to that huge crowd, releasing the massive air of relief. Chaeyoung called Jeongyeon about the results and she shared it to Dahyun that Jeongyeon and Jihyo will treat them for lunch later.

Chaeyoung and Dahyun got to see the inside of the university unplanned; they are excited to be a part of the university. It is extremely huge, it feels like they are in a park when they are going to the main building and surprisingly it has three fountains in each section of it and they are even more surprised to see an elevator inside since the building consists of six floors to begin with. The cafeteria looks like a food park, many varieties of food can be seen and tables that the students can occupy. Now they will proceed to the pavilion/theatre of the university, the structure of it looks like a baroque theatre and both girls are astonished on how it was well constructed; the open area is like a size of a two basketball court combined. For almost twenty minutes, Chaeyoung felt really tired and she insists on resting since the both them are tired from their unplanned visit to the campus. Chaeyoung saw a bench near to the music hall, she thought that place is the most relaxing and peaceful since she can hear students playing their instrument and she can actually feel the lightness of the breeze. While they are seating in the bench Chaeyoung saw someone in the distance, a girl, she look so beautiful that she has a perfectly well define beauty. She can’t take her eyes of her there is something about that girl makes her so special, her hour glass like figure, her long brown hair and her almond eyes she is so irresistible. The girl noticed her and she immediately smiled at her, she walk towards them like a supermodel from Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. Since Chaeyoung likes to write poetry, she composed a poem about her in her thoughts.

Bad at love

I’m becoming mad,

Not knowing when,

Not knowing how,

Looking at you surely pulls me to you……

When the girl reached them she cheerfully greeted Dahyun, since she knew her back then, she is her classmate in her elementary days. Dahyun proudly introduce her to Tzuyu and yet she is still looking on how beautiful she is. She is shock on how beautiful she is in a matter of distance between them. She greeted Chaeyoung and she reacts the same way. “My name is Chou Tzuyu. Nice to meet you.”. “Uhhh….. My name is Son Chaeyoung. Nice to…….. Meet you too.” She stuttered.

“Son Chaeyoung,IS THAT YOU, It is my first time witnessing and a privilege to see you get swoon for the first time in years.” Dahyun raising her eyebrows like an old man. Chaeyoung wince since she is easy to be read and she apologize to Tzuyu since it makes her feel more embarrassed when Dahyun continues the teasing. “It’s okay, I know she doesn’t mean it right?” while looking at Dahyun with a furrow in her face. “Of course not Tzuyu yah, my friend right here is not out going as I am. She is easily get sulked up to any situation. So don’t worry.” While her assuring Tzuyu not to get worried. Chaeyoung who is sulking at the floor, curled up. Tzuyu notice her and bring herself to Chaeyoung, she whispered to her ear, “Hey!” in a softest and cutest way as possible Chaeyoung lifted her head up and got red all over her face because Tzuyu’s face is near to hers. She can actually feel her breath near to hers, with Chaeyoung gulped because she got insecure of Tzuyu. Her eyes up close are unimaginable overwhelming like a galaxy filled with millions of stars that are ready to be counted by her. “You know Tzuyu you have the most beautiful pair of eyes I’ve ever seen.”Chaeyoung caught Tzuyu off guard but Tzuyu has a counter attack. “You know Chaeyoung you have the cutest and deepest dimples I’ve ever seen.” She smiled at the girl. Both of them just laugh. Dahyun looking at them like an older sister “This is going to be fun.” She thought in mind while she actually took a photo of them.

Continuation

Unfiltered laughs,

Making me blush out of nothing,

Chatting that last in a minute,

But in the end you always make my heart shiver,

 

Those sharp glare in your eyes,

Definitely wakes a sleeping being in my mind,

At first it was marvelous,

But now it’s a lethal injection of love…………………..

“Hey love birds! We should get going.” Suddenly Dahyun interrupted them since its getting cheesy. “Ah you’re right.” The both of them immediately stand up, fidgeting,and Dahyun started a new conversation. “What do you major in Tzuyu since I’m double major in Bachelor of music major in piano and composition.” She proudly brags it to Tzuyu. “I’m a major in Journalism and Mass communication, how about you Chaeyoung?” the tall girl asked the small girl. “Uh….. I’m a double major in Bachelor of Fine arts major in painting and in English?”. Chaeyoung is still startled about earlier, she cannot bring herself to face Tzuyu. “Ahhhhh I can’t face her! What is wrong with you Chaeyoung.” She thought to herself while facing down with her feet moving in a constant pace. The tall girl tapped Chaeyoung in the shoulder and said. “Yah, Chaeyoung its okay if you’re not still comfortable with since this is our first meeting it is given, am I right Dahyun?” The tall girl gives an assuring look to Dahyun. “YAH CHAEYOUNG! TALK TO TZUYU SHE IS TRYING HER BEST IN TALKING TO YOU! DON’T BE A BABY.” Dahyun jokingly told Chaeyoung her flaws in front of the tall girl. “You know what let’s just go to the café now.” Chaeyoung suggest and the two girls agree since they haven’t take breakfast and now they are starving.

Later the same morning, the three girls arrived at their destination. Tzuyu was shook since it is her first time visiting such a beautiful café around the area.

“Whoa!” Tzuyu said.

Chaeyoung and Dahyun just smirk at each other and then Chaeyoung noticed something inside the café she saw Jihyo and Jeongyeon glaring at each other, looking like they might kill each other in any second. She quickly told Dahyun and Tzuyu the situation inside and they immediately entered the café. Chaeyoung asked her Unnies with a scared face and of course Jjihyo answered her, Jeongyeong just brushed her answer and returned to what she is originally doing. Jihyo asked them to seat and they will join later, when they are seated the girls talked what just happened earlier. Tzuyu doesn’t like to talk about what other people privacy so she breaks the ice by asking what their hobbies are.

“When I’m bored I like to listen to music and imagining myself in their feet.” Dahyun said.

“Uh….. I like to make poems and to paint, what about you Tzuyu?” Chaeyoung said softly. “I liked to go to the pet shops and see different kinds of puppies and also I like to take pictures.” Tzuyu enthusiastically replied. She added “I love to see you make a painting of me.” She smiled at Chaeyoung sweetly.

“I would like to try.”

 

 

Jihyo asked Jeongyeon to talk inside the kitchen, while they are it Jeongyeon become pretty pissed about earlier. It makes her look like an idiot in front of the customers and the fact Mina saw the drama, it makes her blood boil. “What do you want?” Jeongyeon fiercely asked Jihyo. But Jihyo isn’t backing down either.

“Don’t act like you don’t know YOO JEONGYEON.” She crossed her arms while looking at her like a fighter. Jeongyeon laugh sarcastically, almost like a robot. “AHHHHHH, is it about of that girl? WAH! PARK JIHYO is that you? You don’t often jumping into conclusions.” Jeongyeon wants to taunt Jihyo, she place her hands in her waist making Jihyo angrier. “DON’T act like Jeongyeon I know you like her.” She points her finger at Jeongyeon like a criminal on a loose. “SO What? Wait don’t tell me this is about Nayeon again. You’re acting like a child Jihyo! That is years ago can she just let go of it?” She approached Jihyo slowly while looking at her. “If you’re going act like this for the entire day maybe as well don’t talk to me. Fix your attitude first then we talk.” Jeongyeon walk out to the scene pissed and pretty much disappointed at Jihyo because of the way she treats her. Jihyo let out a huge sigh while she standing against the refrigerator. “I don’t know what to do.” She sulked for moment and a tear just dropped in her palms thinking. “Might as well forget this talk.” She prepared the ingredients for the food she is making for their dongsaeng. She grabbed her phone and texted Jeongyeon.

[JIHYO IS LOUD, 9:40]

“Hey! Please eat with us. I don’t want to make Chaeyoung worry about us.”

[YOO “OPPA” JEONGEYON, 9:41]

“Okay.”

  • End of conversation

FLASH BACK THREE YEARS AGO , A DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS, DAY; 10:45 in the evening.

It was Christmas Eve when Nayeon decided to confess her feelings to Jeongeyon of course it is not easy to begin with since the two of them are friends. Jihyo agreed to help Nayeon on how she will tell Jeongyeon her feelings, so the both parties decided to have a slumber party at Jihyo’s house. Her house is overwhelming, outside her house is filled with different colors of flowers and plants in spring and in winter it is pitch white snow covering each of it. Inside her home it has a high ceiling and has a room for the legs to relax. It has a western feels since it has a fire place. It keeps them warm. They proceed to her room and shockingly it has sofa and inside her bathroom it has a huge bathtub. Jihyo lighted the candles beside the window and proceed with the plan. She asked Nayeon to imagine herself as Jeongyeon and confess her feelings now. Nayeon is practically nervous since it is Jihyo who is in front of her.

“Uhh….. Jeongyeon you know I like you.” Nayeon said.

“THAT’S IT?” Jihyo laughed at Nayeon that she almost fell from her seat dying of laughing. “YAH PARK JIHYO! DON’T LAUGH AT ME. Your job is to help not to get entertained by me.” Nayeon smacked jihyo shoulder over and over again until it hurts. “YAH OKAY OKAY!!! I GET IT STOP IT HURTS!!” Jihyo who caught Nayeon both arms instinctively because she wants to hold it.She smiled at her. Nayeon is shook on how fast it is. “Yah, let go Park Jihyo.” Nayeon bluntly said it to Jihyo with force but Jihyo restrained it well but in the end she let go of her. “Okay Nayeon, let’s rehearse one more time. This time I’ll be serious.” Jihyo let go of her hands and the face she is making right now is making Nayeon nervous and making her heart beat fast. Jihyo’s eyes are passionately focused on Nayeon’s eyes as if this is the first and the last time she will be doing, as if this is real. She thought she is confessing her feelings to Jihyo she imagined being with her for a second but she remembered this is all for Jeongyeon sake.

“You know we’ve been friends for a long time. You take care of me secretly as if you don’t want to be known and now I really wanted to tell you this for a long time. I like you Yoo Jeongyeon.” Nayeon is different now; she is confident of what she said, not earlier who is completely gone shy. She is standing firmly and ready to listen to what is Jihyo going to say.

“You know Nayeon I’ve been eyeing to you lately, ah no since the first time I met you. I really wanted to be with you, I want to take care of you, and I want to cherish you every day for the rest of my life. You’ve been good to me. I want to see your smile shine in my life. You know what I like you too and thank you.” It took Nayeon almost off guard to hear that, she doesn’t know what to say, she felt her heart sunk in a matter of hearing it from Jihyo. Her mind feels ballistic, she clenched her chest in order for her to calm. Nayeon’s face is all red and hot. Jihyo’s face that night is really comforting and Nayeon find it somewhat y; her smile is so soothing to her eyes like rain falling in summer. She doesn’t know what to do, Nayeon just face downwards and thinking what is the best move. Jihyo approached Nayeon and she tapped her shoulder and said.

“What are you doing?” Jihyo playfully said and Nayeon lifted her head embarrassed by the situation and smack Jihyo in her shoulder multiple times.

“YAH PARK JIHYO I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE FROM THERE.” She angrily shouted to the young girl. “IM SORRY!!!! YOU NEVER KNOW SHE MIGHT TELL YOU THE EXACT SAME THING AND JUST TO LET YOU KNOW IT WAS A JOKE NAYEON HAHAHAHAH.” Jihyo said laughing so hard from her seat.

“You crazy !!!! I hate you.” Said Nayeon while glaring at Jihyo but she added something. “Thank you for helping me Jihyo. I don’t know what to do if you’re not here.” She smiled at her like an angel from the sky. “You’re welcome as always.” They smiled at each other and hoping for the best next day even it hurts for Jihyo knowing she has to let go.

“Sigh……Park Jihyo you idiot.”

The next day at night Nayeon and Jeongyeon finally met. Jihyo is there hiding to see what will happen between Nayeon and Jeongeyon. Nayeon is wearing white short dress and a red plain flannel to cover her skin from the cold with matching pearl earrings to make her standout from the crowd. She wore a fancy silver high heel sandals even though it is cold she is completely unbothered by it. Meanwhile Jeongyeon wore a black t-shirt matching with her leather jacket with a scarf for her top then her bottoms is a simple black jeans and with her flat ankle boots. Nayeon find Jeongyeon cute because she is a beanie and her short brown hair can expose her redness of her ears.

“Yah, Nayeon it’s cold outside why did you called me for?” Jeongyeon asked her clueless about the situation. They are standing beneath the light post as they were the only ones there. Nayeon starts the conversation. “You know we’ve been friends for a long time. You take care of me secretly as if you don’t want to be known and now I really wanted to tell you this for a long time. I like you Yoo Jeongyeon. Will you also like me too” Nayeon’s knees are shaking because she said it; there is no turning back now. She brings herself up close to Jeongyeon that it is almost one inch apart from each other but still Jengyeon remained silent. “Yoo Jeongeyeon I’m serious about this. Why can’t you say something? Why can’t you look at me? Am I not pretty? Am I not worthy to be with you or just to like you?” Nayeon’s voice became to tremble unexpectedly and her eyes are becoming watery. Her heart feels defeated; it aches from the inside almost like a shatter between her heart and mind. Nayeon gulped to insure that her breaking voice can’t be heard and she just clenched her hands just to ease the pain. Finally Jeongyeon respond. She places her hands in Nayeon’s shoulders and she gently pushes Nayeon away. She looks at her sadly and said. “Nayeon you’re pretty, extremely pretty in my eyes. I like you but as a friend, I can’t accept your love for me. I’m not yet ready in this kind of relationship. Thank you and Sorry.” She smiled at her but for Nayeon it hurts just to see her smile, it makes her heart breaks more. Nayeon asked Jeongyeon for the first and the last time. “Can I kiss you Yoo Jeongyeon? Just this once.” she bravely bid farewell to her. “Okay Im Nayeon just this once this is our goodbye.” The tears from Nayeon’s eyes can’t stop. Jeongyeon carefully take her in her arms slowly as possible because she felt this is the right thing to do while she do that Nayeon places her arms around Jeongyeon’s neck that their faces are an inch apart. She cares her hair carefully that her long slender fingers are touching Jeongyeon ear, it’s warm she thought. They can feel each other breaths, its hot that’s what they thought. Jeongyeon slowly places her lips to hers as if it’s like a fairytale. Nayeon’s lips are soft as a flower with the intensity of the flower scent that let it ligers to your tongue. She takes Jeongyeon lips so special and precious as if they will never see each other again. They let the moments guide them. Nayeon feels Jeongyeon skin, “So smooth.” Her breath, “So warm.” Both of their eyes are closed and gently Nayeon opened her eyes because she wants to remember the feeling and the sensation of kissing Jeongyeon. “I will never forget this moment.” Jeongyeon begins to trace Nayeon’s back as Nayeon traces Jeongyeon’s neck and shoulders. Both of them felt they need to stop so Jeongyeon let go of Nayeons waist as Nayeon let go of Jeongyeon neck. They look at each other and bid farewell and before Jeongyeon go Nayeon said.

“Can we still be friends?” she asked.

“Of course” Jeongyeon smiled and leaving her alone in the cold weather. Nayeon watched Jeongyeon back to fade in the dark and now she felt she is completely alone; she touches her lips against her hands and tears are eventually falling. She tried to hold the pain but yet she fell on the floor crying and denying the fact she just rejected by Yoo Jeongyeon. She poured her tears on the ground as she let her voice be heard in the distance. Jihyo just watched Nayeon from the distance get crushed of reality. As she slowly approaches Nayeon her eyelids becomes to water and slid down on her cheeks. She bit her lower lip to attempt to resist the struggle of tears flowing; she just witnessed her love to be in great pain for the first time in her life. When Jihyo is near at Nayeon she takes off her coat and places at Nayeon shoulders. Nayeon noticed Jihyo and asked. “What are you doing here? You should be back there. I look like . You can just go if you pity me.” Nayeon ignorantly ranted to Jihyo but she just crouched in front of Nayeon and she hugs her with her whole heart contents. Nayeon didn’t say anything she cried even more because she has someone with her. She griped her hands at Jihyo’s back because she cannot translate her pain to Jihyo. She cries silently as she places her hand to Nayeon head gently caressing it. “Just let it out, Nayeon.” She instructs her friend and Nayeon do as she says.

“Why does it hurts so much?” she loudly said.

“Because you loved her.” She replied.