Chapter 8

Dark and Light ~ Book 1~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Urgh..." "He's waking up!" "Wha-" Wayne opened his eyes to see Ian on top of him and too close for comfort. "AHH!"

Without realizing it, he used a bit of his aura to push Ian away toward the other side of the room. "What are you doing?!" He said covering his upper body with a blanket. Eh? I'm in my room. Was it all a dream? He thought, confused. "What did we tell you, idiot?" Brent said to the youngest as Teddy help him up. "Hey, don't act cool, shrimp. You're just as worried as I am." "What did you call me, pea brain?" "S.H.R.I.M.P" Ian said as he walked tauntingly over his sixth older brother. Brent's nerves snapped as he make a ball of light on his palm when Ian suddenly asked, "What's a pea brain?" All of the boys stumbled.

"Are you that stupid?" Sam asked lightly smacking the youngest head. "Hey!" "Alright!" Wayne yelled getting everyone's attention. "How are you feeling?" Evan asked. "I'm fine, just a bit tired. Why is everyone in our room?" He asked him. "You don't remember what happened at school?" Wayne looked up at Wes on the right side of the bed. So it wasn't a dream. He thought when he felt a minor headache as flashes of memories came into mind and groaned as he immediately touched his forehead. "Take it easy. You just woke up." Win said from the other side as he help him sit comfortably with pillows arranged properly. "Let me help," Teddy said as his brothers make room for him as he heal him.

After a few seconds, Wayne's headache subsided. "Thank you." He said smiling at his little brother and the other returned the gesture. "So, what happened? I only remembered Kat on top of-." His eyes widen, remembering that particular event, and blushed as his brothers downright stared at him. "Hey, Wayne, after the whole zombie apocalypse, we saw you unconscious with Kat on top of you with your arms wrapped around her. What happened?" Dylan asked re-enacting it with Ian as they are standing at the end part of his bed. Wayne blushed even more. "It'd be-cau-se, th-that's the only way to st-stop h-er from crying." He said stuttering as his brothers leaned close as he leaned back, looking away. "Really?" Wes asked.

"Yes." He answered looking at him as if the eldest brother is still suspicious. "She was crying?" Win asked. "Yes!" He answered turning to look at him but then they all laughed at him as they all stood up straight again. "Hey! What's funny?" "You’re blushing hard, Wayne." Brent reasoned out making Wayne turn even redder. They all laughed again. "Alright, the joke's over, guys," Wes said to everyone as the rest stopped laughing slowly Wayne calmed down a bit when his brothers laughed again surprising Wayne as they all pointed fingers at him. "Hey! Quit it."Okay. Let's be serious now." Win said as they look around to get comfortable. As they get themselves comfortable, Evan asked. "Are those girls supposed to be what the rumors say they are? It seems we're missing the whole point here." He said from his bed on his side of the room. "Yeah. They seem like victims than we think they are. But, the students are afraid of them. How can they be victims then?" Sam added from Teddy's part of the room. 

"Then those dead bodies started coming out, I have that ability as well but when I tried to send them back or make them disappear, they won't. It didn’t affect them at all." Win said, perplexed about what happened a while ago. "And the girls started panicking when I released my light dance. Diana tried stopping me with her ability because of it." Brent added looking at his hands as he was laying casually on Teddy's bed, suppressing a blush. "Vanessa was panicking too, calling out for Kat. We didn't even realize that we were inside a fog. I can't even remember when it was put up. I didn't even sense it." Dylan said, seated on Evan's bed. "I accidentally read Mika's thoughts when I helped her," Teddy said gaining his brother's attention from the coffee table in the middle of the room.

"Was it about dying?" Ian

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter