Chapter 6

Dark and Light ~ Book 1~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Alexa and Wes looked over the whiteboard where they keep their scores. Who could have thought they have to do that? Everyone in the class we surprised by it. Both groups are tied. Not a surprise to both but it irks them to their core. "We're not yet done," Alexa said looking up at Wes. "Agreed." He said as they looked straight into each other's eyes, challenging each other. As if you can see electricity zipping in and out of their eyes. Then both went in their separate groups outside of the class.

#-#-#-#

"I didn't know you like him, Lexy. You both look cute." Candy said looking at their big sister. "Yeah. You never paid attention to any guy before. He’s the first." Ellie added. "Ye---wait. Are you saying that I like him? I despise him." Alexa growled at the twins, who give a knowing smile at her which irritated her. "But we can see how a loving couple you both can be," Nina said making their big sister look at her with venom. "Oh Wes, I love thee your eyes that give thy heart the dub." Mika dramatically said making everyone laugh at their teasing remarks. Then, out of nowhere Alexa summoned four small phoenix fires hovering over the four girls making them shriek in fright, and then ran as fast as their legs can make them as the phoenixes hot in their heels. The rest of the girls kept laughing at their antics. "Alright, Lexy. Don't fry them yet. You don't want them to haunt you when they die right?" Kat said making the four pranksters protests as Alexa stopped and sat beside Vanessa and Gem with a huff. "But you know, they are what the prophecy says they are. Strong and kind. They will protect what is right." Vanessa said. "Not to mention, we almost fainted when they all released their auras. I felt that they're up mine." Gem added. They all agreed to that. 

"When an aura user faced with a guardian's aura, theirs would be up until there's nothing left. But, through training, anyone can stand up side by side with a guardian." Kat said trying to cheer her sisters up. "That's true. but Alexa, you-" "I know Dianna. Don't worry. It won't happen again." Alexa said smiling at her and the rest of her sisters. "Anyway, what do you have in mind with the boys? They are not just sons of the director. They're good." Dianna said breaking the tense atmosphere, And it did. "But we're better," Alexa said with fire in her eyes. 

Meanwhile...

"According to the students, those girls are scary. No one wanted to mess with them. Even the upper classes. They rather die than fight with them." Wayne said to his brothers.

"Haven't you noticed, besides our class, they don't have any friends outside of the class except for themselves?" Teddy asked them. "Yeah. They seem outcasted from everyone." Brent said. "But, why do we have to compete again against them?" Evan asked looking at Wes.

"Yeah, big brother. Good thing I got most of the questions correct." Ian said when he noticed all of his big brothers looking at him. "What?" "Who are you talking to?" Teddy asked.

"Big brother Wes. He's our big brother, the eldest among us since he was born in January. The second big brother is Wayne, the third is Win, the fourth is Dylan, and the fifth is Evan. Then sixth is Brent, seventh is Sam and then you. I'm the youngest." Ian said as a matter of fact as he showed it in a PowerPoint presentation. All of them nodded with hums of understanding. "Anyway, what's the reason for this competition, Wes? It's not about authority, I can tell. So what is it?" Win asked. "Maybe the old man likes her that's why he's doing his best in getting her attention?" Sam teased as the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter