Chapter 7

Dark and Light ~ Book 1~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"STOP!"

Dianna cried out, grabbing Brent's hands, stopping his abilities with hers. "Why would I-" Brent wasn’t able to speak when he saw her eyes. He got mesmerized by it but got confused. Why does it looks scared? Is she scared of something, of me? He stop voluntarily without Dianna's help and that, she was thankful. She then looked at her hands holding his. She blushed and immediately let go only made her stumble on her own feet. Good thing, Brent was fast and is able to catch her. Her skin's soft - Wow! Ok, Brent. Stop thinking right there. He thought as he steady her straight. His hands are so big and hard. But why do I feel the softness in them? Wait, hold up Dianne. This is not the time to think about that. I have to find Kat. She shrugged the thought and immediately looked around.

"Why did you stop Brent? We're wining already." Ian said, whining like a kid. "Thank goodness. Good thing Dianna was near him. Kat, where are you?" Nina said softly but he heard her. "Why? Hate losing?" Nina rolled her eyes at him, annoyed. "Please. Right now, we don’t care about winning. We care about surviving or do you want to die?" She said making him confused. What on earth is she talking about? Dying? This is just training. No one is allowed to hurt someone to the point of killing the other. That's not- Ian's thoughts were cut off when the ground started to rumble. Without much thought, he held Nina's hand and pull her close to steady her so she won't fall when she was about to. "Careful." He said. When he heard her stuttered hum, he looked down at her only realizing their close proximity. He immediately let go. "Sorry." Ian said with an awkward laugh. "It's okay." Nina said softly at him looking away from embarassment. 

The boys and girls looked at the two who may be responsible for the quake. "It's not me!" Dylan and Mika said together. Then all of them felt another quake, stronger than the first making Mika stumble and was about to fall from the sharp edge rocks from the fight a while ago when Teddy caught her, securing her in his arms as he steady them both. "Thanks." "It's nothing." The two said at each other and looked at one another when they noticed their close proximity. They blushed as they both looked away, embarrased without letting go on each other. "Alexa! What do we do? I can't find Kat anywhere!" Vanessa said from a far trying to walk around carefully around with all the quake happening. But then she tripped but fell on a soft floor. When she looked up, Dylan was crunched at his side, hands on the floor creating soft soil and grass to her and the rest. "I can only do this much. Please be careful everyone." He said concetrating on the floor. Then he looked up at her. "Are you okay?" She nodded not trusting her voice right now. Vanessa thought she would get hurt because of the rocks. But when she saw his smile as relief that she's okay, her heart started beating fast. Why am I feeling like this? She thought but shrugged it away. Concentrate. I need to find Kat before all that is happening gets worst. Dianna scanned the area not minding the support Brent is giving her as he held her tight around her shoulders when she was about to fall. She shrugged the feeling she's having right now. There's more important matter at hand. Good thing, Dylan acted fast. No one is injured, except for the minimal scratches. She thought. "What's going on?" Wes asked Alexa beside him looking worried everywhere. "It's none of your concern." He rolled his eyes when suddenly another shake from the ground making them stumble on their feet but none didn't hit the ground. Their both stubborn to make themselves vulnerable. After all, they are still in a competition. "Yes it is Alexa. My brothers are trying their best to protect everyone and I don't want anything else to happen. If there is, I need to know." Wes said, looking hard on her who looked torn and conflicted. But she didn't respond, ignoring him as she looked around, looking for something. So, he grab her hand when another quacke came and pull her close surprising her and then he touched her chin to make her face him. "You know what's going on, so what is it?" Wes said anger in his voice and when he saw Alexa looked scared all of a sudden and then it was gone the moment it came. He was about to apologize when she harshly pushed him away from her. "Don’t you ever touch me like that again. And since your so strong, put your guards up. She's about to begin." He was about to ask when suddenly hands emerged from the ground. Before he could even react, everyone heard Ellie and Candy scream in panic causing mayhem everywhere with their auras out of control. Before full dead bodies could arise, bright lights and water globes surround the whole area temporarily stopping the dead bodies from coming out.

Win tried controlling the dead bodies but it's not working. What’s happening? Why can’t I send these bastards back? He thought when he heard Gem called for the twins. "Candy, Ellie, calm down!" Gem called when hands emerged from her place and starting grabbing her feet. She kicked and used her ice bombs to destroy them as she ran to the closest twin when suddenly more hands emerged from the ground grabbing her left leg causing her to trip and fall. Skeletal hands are touching her, grabbing her, caging her to the floor. She started hyperventilating when a dead body emerged from her feet and is now crawling on top of her. Gem was about to scream when the dead body was pushed away by a water blast then the hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter