Preview 2

The Manor - *Apply Closed*

Preview 2
--???--

The woods around her were far to quiet. Not even the normal chiprs of insects seemed to breach the air: only the sounds of her heavy gasping, the branches of trees snapping and swiping against her, and her feet hitting the dirt sn rocks beneath her as she ran seemed to permeat the night. Kim Yeeun just wanted to escape, get far, far away from the mansion behind her.

There were fifteen of them. Young highschool students, old businessmen, a nurse, so many different types of people in that mansion. One by one, they vanished, perished, or simply gave up. In the end, there was herself and three others. The moment they opened that final room, it was all over. Or so she had hoped...

She'd been wrong.

Yeeun ran the moment the door opened.

To her minor relief, she saw the trees break and a road appeared ahead of her. Crying out in relief, Yeeun stumbled down to her knees, and collapsed forward gasping for breath. The road felt solid beneath her hands, and the tears already began to fall from her eyes. She was free from that place at last.

The sound of tires against the gravelly road caused her to look up as light beared down on her from afar. A car slowed to a stop right next to her, the driver side windown rolling down as a mand looked out at her from within. He looked both horrified and concerned.

"Are you hurt?!" He explaimed, opening the car door to rush to her side.

Yeeun must have looked a mess. Glancing down at her once blue dress, she was covered in dirt, stains from her trials in the Manor stained the blue fabric, and she distinctly recognized the red of blood. She could only imagine what her once curled hair must appear to this man.

When she didn't respond, he reached down to help her to her feet, urging her into his vehicle.

"What happened to you?" He asked more than once. Still mute, Yeeun clutched her messenger bag close to her body, feeling her limbs shaking as the adrenlaline she once had faded. Buckled in, he returned to the driver side and the pair were off down the road. He still looked to her every few moment, asking if she was okay, and Yeeun could only clutch her bag tighter. Staring off into the road ahead of them.

"Hey, I'm asking you what are you doing out here?!" His voice was now becoming ever so slightly angry, and that tone made Yeeun flinch just so slightly.

"...I was...playing a game."

"A game?" Now his voice was mixed with interest, "In the middle of the woods?"

"There were fifteen of us. I think...I think I'm the only one who got out," Yeeun's found her voice coming suprisingly steadily.

"Got...out?"

"Room by room...it wa so easy at first. Then one wrong choice by that one highschooler...and then it started. So much...so much blood that first time. Only her poor screams told us what happened." Yeeun stifled her sniff as tears welled up in her eyes again, "That poor girl..." Yeeun didn't even know her name, but part of her wished she could have just asked to have her life restored. Such a young girl...gone so soon...but instead...instead her wish was...

"Whoa...hey, it's okay. Do you need to go to the police?"

"May...maybe..." Yeeun wiped her tears away, "I'm grateful you stopped."

"I can never leave a pretty lady all alone out here!" He smiled at her charmingly. Yeeun returned the smile for a moment until something hanging from his rearview mirror caught her attention. It was a silver chain with an insignia she recognized on the pendant.

"You went to...this high school?" She asked, reaching out to touch the pendant.

"Huh? Oh yeah! Went there almost ten years ago! My friends and I all got one of these when we graduated!"

"...what's you name?"

"Park Josang."

"Jo...sang?" Yeeun whispered. Her eyes trailed down to peer around the rest of the car. This was certainly an old car...she spotted three neat scrape marks, looking similar to someone having scratched down the side of the driver seat's leather. Her eyes continued down and around until she spotted something on his key rings. Was that...a ring? It looked like a flower...

"Hey, I asked what were you trying to do in the game?"

"Huh? Oh...well, if you win you get a wish," Yeeun muttered, releasing the pendant and opening her bag to riffle through it, "anything you want, and it will be granted."

"That sounds pretty great really. Was it worth it?"

"You know," Yeeun said quietly, her hand finding what she'd been looking for, "my big sister, Jaemi, went to that highschool."

"Oh y-yeah?" His voice wavered ever so slightly.

"Oh yes. They found her body a little over ten years ago in a ditch. She'd been...well, ually assaulted then strangled. She suffered so much. My poor sister...at the time, they asked me if she was meeting anyone that night when she vanished. I remember only half listening to her, and just now I remembered the name, Mr. Park Josang," Yeeun saw him swallow, his hands beginning to grip the steering wheel tightly, "you know what they found under her nails? Fake leather....kind of like what's in this car. This car is quite old, isn't it?"

"I-I think you need to get out," he said, slamming on the breaks, "I'll tell someone where to find you and-!"

"Whoever did it never was caught, right Mr. Park Josang? When they found Jaemi's body, it destroyed my family. Everyone was so depressed...mama can't function anymore, papa is miserable...I got lucky and went away. But, there was always one thing I wanted more than anything. You know that, Mr. Park Josang?" Yeeun pulled out the gun she'd been given right before she escaped the mansion, "you asked me if it was worth it? Until this moment," Yeeun placed the gun right against his head, ignoring the pleas he was beginning to whimper and utter, "I didn't think so. But now..."

"H-Hey, calm down...!"

"My name is Shin Yeeun. My big sister was Shin Jaemi."

 

 

BANG

Author Notes //
Bit of a darker turn here. I blame my lack of sleep XD