Cheatsheet

The Manor - *Apply Closed*

author's notes: Application open! Apr 14 18

The MANOr

cheatsheet

info

SETTING: 
This fic will focus on multiple characters who have been invited to a mansion tucked away from civilization  and are told if they come and participate in an event of sorts, they will be granted their wish. The most compelling part of this promise is that the wishes promised in their letters were often ones no one else would have known.

Who sent the letters? Who owns the mansion? Is it supernatural? Is it a mad genius? Who knows? 

The mansion is located in South Korea. It's a huge, three level home: floor level, second level, and the basement. It is surrounded by dark woods with only the main path leading to the house breaking the treeline. 

The task is straightforward: get to the eastmost room in this huge home, and you will be granted your wish.

But it is not that easy. Once in the mansion, they are locked in. All they have to do is get to the final room. Rooms are locked with puzzles, have hidden meanings, or even are trapped; and each room solved brings you closer to the final room...or perhaps your demise.

This story will be interactive. The creators of the characters chosen will be able to answer questions on their character's next move during certain times in the story. Your choices will either ensure your character's survival, or possibly result in their death. Yes. Your characters can die in this story, so choose your actions carefully: there's no telling what downstream rammifications there could be. 

Will your character make it to the end and have wish granted? Will they find out the secrets of the Manor? Only time will tell.

APPLICATION: 

Basics: Age range is 18 - 35. Faceclaims should be idols or actors, and pick claims that could pass for the age you are using. Do not race bend. I am also accepting male and female characters.

History: Sob stories and dark histories are fine here if you want, and normal, happy histories are also fine! Give me enough to understand where your chatacter is coming from, giving me context for how they are. Keep in mind: this takes place in Korea. Your character must have a reason to be in Korea  for them to receive the invitation. *please note: if you choose to tackle a sensitive topic, please ensure you do so respectfully and with research. 

Personality: I'm not placing a minimum or maximum here, but ensure you can convey your point clearly and effectively. I like personality traits being listed for quick reference, and I am of the sort that no one trait is exclusively positive or negative: rather they are dependent on how they are expressed. Your character should be fleshed out and make sense: make them human and believeable. In the end, I need to feel like I know your character.

Relationships: You can list briefly anyone important that might be mentioned or come up in the story. This story focuses on those trapped in the mansion, so I do not expect these people to show up too often.

Love interests are totally optional. You can create someone to reference in the story, you can decide to not worry about it at all, or I can matchmake, This is not the focus, but who says some attraction can't develop? If you decide this, tell me your characters preferences and I may accomodate depending on the story and characters  (ie: are they straight? gay? like younger, older? Do you just want me to decide? etc etc)

Wish: This can be just about anything. The wish should make sense with the character. Btw, no world domination please XD (as fun as that would be!). These wishes can be deep and meaningful, or something material like money, or something totally arbitrary. These are your wishes before you know what the event is in the Manor.

Later on, I will send a short questionaire to the chosen applicants. This will just be a few questions that will impact some choices down the line. 

Ideas if you're stuck or what I might like to see:
- A character with a rather silly desire who has no idea what they've gotten themselves into.
- Someone who might have lost someone important to them to this place before (imeanwhat), and are here to figure it out.
- A total random person who just happened to come to the mansion at the wrong time.
- A person with no qualms about doing whatever it takes to get what they want.
- Someone in trouble with the law.
etc etc etc. These are just some ideas. I would like to see many types of people to create the ensemble cast. As of right now, I haven't decided on how many characters to accept.