II

Distant Worlds

The same forest stared back at you. The shadowy figure appeared but this time it took the form of a human. This human was different. It had something that looks like the shape of a gun strapped to its hip and a crossbow strapped to its back. Slowly it walked closer, but only to the edge of the shadows of the trees. Only then did you noticed the bright golden eyes staring into yours as if it could read your every thought. "Slowly this will all make sense, I promise." The figure vanished as you spun to see who was talking to you. It was your mother. Why is she here? "Why can't I know now Mom?" You pleaded, tears threatening to spill from your eyes. What am I saying? Why can’t I control myself? "Just trust your mother dear and everything will be fine." Guilt spread all across your mother's features. You took a step forward to hug your mom...


You jolted awake, lying in your bed. You touched your face noticing the tears. What actually do these dreams mean and why do I always cry after? Looking at the clock on your nightstand, it said 6:30. "Well, I might as get ready for the day." You decided to shower. Brushing your teeth, you looked at yourself in the mirror and noticed a tattoo poking out from underneath your shirt. When did I get this? It wasn't here yesterday. You moved your shirt over and saw it was a tattoo of a crescent moon with tribal markings filling it. It radiated power and delicacy which made you actually like it. Wait! I can’t have this everyone would see it and how would I explain it to mom?! I have to get this thing off of me now! You noticed that the tattoo started on your collarbone and connected to your shoulder blade. You tried to scrub it off in the shower, but it didn't work. You lathered it in soap and scrubbed until your skin turned red. It still didn't come off, but with all the pain to make it disappear it actually looked like it was brand new. After your shower, it was 7:00 and time for you to eat before you took off for school. You threw on a pair of jeans and a dark green oversized, flowy turtleneck sweater. I'm lucky that it is fall. It will make this easier to hide.


You descended the stairs meeting with the savory smell of pancakes and bacon wafting from the kitchen. Your mom danced around with a stack of pancakes in one hand and a spatula in the other. "Morning Mom!" She jumped a little at your sudden entrance. "Good morning dear. Your plate is ready and on the table. Also, your car keys are in the bowl that's in the center of the table." Gawking at your mom you slowly slid into your chair. "You got me a car?" You've always wanted your own car and finally having one was a shock. Maybe this move won't be so bad after all. You rushed to eat, said goodbye to your mom, and ran out the door to your new car. It was everything you wanted, your dream car finally came. Yes! A 1970s Nova! Wait, how did Mom even find this and how did she even pay for it? You decided to ignore your thoughts and examined the car instead. “Let’s see how this baby rides.”


A mysterious aura surrounded your new school. Almost like it was destined for bad omens. The quietness of the hallways freaked you out until someone bumped into you. It was a small boy with brown hair and a furious expression. He wasn't looking at you though; he was staring at a tall, ebony-haired guy. The guy was menacing with his height and the intimidating look he was giving the boy. Why isn’t anyone doing anything to help? Why are they all just walking around like this isn’t happening? He started to walk towards the boy when your body unconsciously moved in front of him. The guy looks at you in wonder as did the boy on the ground. "You must be new so you don't know the rules around here, but no one ever gets in my way." He towered over you, trying to get you to move. It would take more than that to make you move. "I don't know about you and your little rules here, but I'm not moving." You matched his glare with just as much force. "Stop." The boy rose putting his hand on your shoulder. "I can handle this on my own," he moved closer so only you could hear, "I wouldn't want you to get hurt because of me. Also, I'm Dino." You blushed from his closeness but quickly stopped when the guy threw Dino against the wall. Raising his arm to punch Dino, you urge to protect Dino kicked in as you ran in between the men. What am I doing? Why did I run in between them? Your thoughts stopped as the world turned dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

 Image result for thanks gif