I

Distant Worlds

You have lived in (home town) for as long as you can remember. Today was the day you had to move away with your mom. Why do we have to leave now? There is no reason to leave, but I guess that's never stopped her before. Mom frantically tried to pack the rest of our stuff. "Mom, calm down. You said it's a six-hour drive, we'll have enough time to get there." You leaned on a stack of boxes next to the front door. "I know but I just want everything to be perfect. Plus this is a time where we can start our new lives together after," she paused. "The incident." She looked down at the box in her hands, sighed, and slowly walked out the door. What incident is she even talking about? You picked up the last remaining boxes and walked outside locking the door behind you. "Hey, mom?" You asked pushing the last box into the car. "What is it dear?" She looked back to you. "Why are we actually moving? You never told me and I would like to know." Plus I know this whole "incident" thing is just something to make me quit asking. You met her eyes seeing an emotion you've never seen from her before... guilt. "You'll know when the time is right. Now get in so we can make it there before nightfall."

You threw your shoes off and curled up in the seat as mom pulled out of the driveway. You placed your earbuds in. drowning out everything, and watched the clouds out the window. Oh, how I wish I could just float away and be free like the clouds in the sky. You stole a glance at your mom as she intently drove. I don't know exactly what she meant earlier about me finding out soon, but why now of all times? I'm not ready for a new life in a new town with a new school. You dreaded the new school most of all. You hated having to find friends in an unfamiliar setting and having to meet everyone without knowing how they would treat you. That was scary to you because you weren't extremely liked in your old school, but you had your two best friends there who were everything to you. It broke your heart when you had to tell them you were moving and saw the smiles disappear from their faces. Of course, you would still video call them, but it wasn't the same. To keep yourself out of sad thoughts, you turned your music up and laid your head against the window, welcoming the coolness. You watched the clouds form random shapes in the air.


Slowly you opened your eyes to see the same fluffy clouds looking down on you. You didn't think anything of it until you noticed you weren't moving anymore. Bolting upright you gradually took in your surrounds. A forest? When did I get here? Where's Mom?  A rustle in the trees tore you out of your thoughts. You knew you should run, but something told you that you shouldn't. Slowly a shadowy figure formed from behind the trees. It looked like a dog, but you noticed it was bigger. It was a...


You jolted awake not knowing you fell asleep in the car. You looked around and noticed a large house in front of the car. "Great, you're awake. We just arrived. Welcome to your new home in Galtti." Did I really fall asleep for that long? This house is huge. How did we even afford this? Also, what was that dream I had? I can only remember part of it. The opening of the car door brought you out of your thoughts. "Come on dear. Let's unpack so you can eat and get ready for tomorrow." Nodding yes, you slowly got out of the car. You noticed your mom let you sleep while she already stacked half of the boxes next to the door. Awe, Mom why didn’t you wake me? After about an hour and a half of work, you had all the boxes in the house and in the appropriate rooms. "Go take a shower, I think you need one. You're all sweaty. I'll be in the kitchen if you need anything." You looked toward your mom. "Okay. Also, Mom! Don't worry about cooking for me, I think I'm just going to go to bed after my shower." She looked at you concerned. “You sure? It’s only seven P.M.” You gave a reassuring nod and walked upstairs.

You welcomed the shower with open arms. You didn't know if you would ever become used to the major size difference between your new and old homes. Your bathroom alone was the size of your old room. You took your rime rearranging your things before settling into bed. One thought occupied your mind as you closed your eyes. This town is going to change everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Thank you for reading the first chapter of my first book on AFF.

I hope you are enjoying it so far. Feel free to comment on anything throughout the story :)