V

Distant Worlds

“Ahhhhhhh!” You screamed running upstairs, shutting yourself in your room. What is going on! Who is that man? What happened to that wolf last night? You scanned the room finding the bat you kept hidden. Grabbing the bat you slowly walked downstairs. Peering into the kitchen, you noticed that the table was set and the man wasn't there anymore. Scared you walked into the kitchen, "What do you think you can do with that?" The man from before grabbed the bat from behind you. You jumped turning to him. "Who are you? What do you want? I'll give you anything you want, just don't hurt me." You looked up at him. He started to laugh, "And I thought you knew about us." He went serious, "I'm not here to hurt you. I want to repay you for last night." He raised his leg. The bandages were exactly like the ones you put on the wolf the night before. "No way. You can't be." Isn’t his leg supposed to be broken? You stared in disbelief. "Oh, but I am and I'm not the only one. I'm Jun." He gestured for you to take a seat. You didn't move, so he came closer. Because of how you were raised, you knew not to judge people just because of one experience. "Okay. I'll eat with you, but you have to promise me that you will explain all of this. I want to know what is going on before I choose anything. And no, this doesn't mean I'm friends with you." Taking your hand he looked into your eyes. "Thank you. I'll take you over to the guys and we can explain it to you." You looked into his eyes. He was looking at you as if this is the first time anyone has ever been nice to him before. What is going on? There is no way this is true. But he looked so happy when I said I would eat with him. I guess I'll give him a chance.


You both finished eating and dishes were washed. You heard the front door open. "Sweetheart! I'm home." Startled you bolted out of your seat grabbing onto Jun and rushed him upstairs as fast and soundlessly as possible. "What's wrong?" Jun whispered to you as you pushed him into your room. You heard your mom walking up the stairs. "My mom cannot find out your here. She would kill me!" You whispered back pushing him to the closet. Knock Knock. "Honey, can I come in?" You raised your finger to your lips, telling Jun to be quiet and shut the door. "Of course, Mom." You yelled as you laid your uniform on the bed making it look like you were dressing for school. She walked into the room. "I know I wasn't home last night, but how was your first day at school?" She leaned on the door frame. "It was good, Mom. I made a couple new friends." I'm sorry for lying to you mom, but I can't tell you the truth right now. "That's good. I hope you have a good time in this school. Well, I'll leave so you can get ready." Before she shut the door, she turned to you and said, "You might want to clean your room. It smells like wet dog." Letting out the breath you didn't know you were holding, you opened the closet door. "She's gone for now. I'm sorry, but you'll have to leave through the window. I can't risk mom seeing you." He looked at you gently. "It's okay." He walked to the window. That was the first time you noticed that he was in his school uniform and shoes. How did he get those? Before he left, he gazed out the window, "Thank you for last night and this morning. If you need anything, I'll be right there to help you." He turned to you flashing a smile. "I promised you I would explain with the others, so at lunch sit with us, okay?" You silently shook your head, yes and with that, he was gone. Before you left for school, you checked on your mom only to find her asleep on the sofa. You covered her with a blanket and kissed her forehead. "I love you." You left. As the door shut, your mother sat up staring longingly at the door. "I know who was here. Please God, keep my daughter safe and don't let what happened to me happen to her."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Finally, summer is here and more time for me to update!

What do you think the mom is keeping from the reader?

Thanks for reading! <3