104

The Lawyer's Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Matt and Jessica arrived earlier than they expected, the firm seemed to have few people yet. Then again, it's not yet the usual time in of the employees. 

"Oh! Mr. Anderson and Ms. Jung, so early of you to be here, eh?" Mr. Cho approached the two when he saw them near the entrance door. The two faced the man with a bow. 

"Is Yoona around?" Matt asked immediately. It's the reason why he's in the firm in the first place. 

"Yoona? I..." Mr. Cho scanned the room to find at least a shadow of the deer. He sighed before pointing at Yoona's table, "...she's in her table, she didn't go home. Aigoo, that kid." He shook his head but not because of disappointment. It was no surprise to all people inside the firm his fondness for the doe-eyed girl. Heck, everyone fancied Yoona. 

The two visitors followed his line of sight and there they caught the sight of Yoona with head above her arms on the table obviously sleeping. Mr. Cho beckoned the two towards Yoona's table. 


"She had just closed her eyes for about 30 minutes ago," a man said before Mr. Cho could tap the girl's shoulder in attempt of waking her up. 

"What did she do?" Matt asked in curiosity while his niece could only listen as she also has the same question in mind. 

"When I got here, I saw her reviewing the records of those men caught on the CCTV near the mall. It was when they're putting on their face mask. Kudos to this kid for finding the identity of those men," the same man answered the question. The man looked on with pride because they have Yoona in their team. 

"Really? But she shouldn't overwork herself though," it was then that Jessica voiced out her concern earning a nod of approval from the gentlemen. 

"I reckon this is not the right time. We'll just comeback next time. Tell her, we went here and please do take care of her health," Matt informed Mr. Cho before they walked towards the exit. 

 

--- 


"What am I, a kid?" Jessica rolled her eyes the moment she have a glance on the title of the book her uncle gave her. 

"Jessica, the story of Midas is not only for kids," Matt reasoned out earning a blank face from Jessica. 

"I thought you said a story of Greek Mythology?" he asked in addition. 

"But Dionysus's name is Bacchus in this story which is his Roman name so.... arrrgh fine," Jessica commented when she turned to a random page and happened to read one of character's name. She sigh in defeat when seeing Matt's oblivious face. He was not fond of Greek Mythology or Roman whatever so how the heck would he know? 

"At least remember the moral lesson," Matt said before peacefully leaving Jessica's room.  


--- 

A doe-eyed woman groaned when she woke up from seemed to be a sleep? If closing your eyes for at least 45 minutes is still consider in the category of sleep in a sleep-deprived person's perspective. Her vision is still blurry. 

"As much as we like your passion for your work, we cannot afford to risk your health. Now go home and take a lot of sleep kid," Mr. Cho's voice is what greeted Yoona the moment she had a clear vision. 

"Should I?" in her state of unconsciousness-aftermath, Yoona had to ask. 

"No offense but you look like kid. Now, I have to agree with Mr. Cho here and I'm sure everyone does so... be a darling, go home take a sleep and maybe a bath will do," one person interrupted earning chuckles from everyone. Although chuckling, Mr. Cho shook his head. 

"Very well. This is still covered with the salary, right?" Yoona playfully asked before grabbing her things and took her leave not forgetting to bow at everyone. 

--- 

Instead of going home directly, Yoona found herself at the park where she can see kids running around. She's waiting for Seohyun to come because the latter told her she have someone to introduce which took all her curios

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter