102

The Lawyer's Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A girl is sitting on the couch inside a law firm waiting for someone. She stood up once she got a view of the man she was waiting. They exchanged a slight bow. 

"Did you wait too long?" the man asked ushering Yoona to take a sit. 

"Nah, I just got here few minutes ago," she answered smiling to the man. He asked her what she likes to drink but she politely refuse and didn't ask for anything. 

"I reckon you still have a lot of things to do. So I'll just get straight to my agenda, I recommended you to join our firm," he said waiting for her reaction. The girl was totally surprise upon hearing the good news. 

"Are you alright?" he asked before he chuckled upon the girl's reaction who eagerly nod her head. 

"Yes. Thank you so much for this opportunity Mr. Seo. I'll work hard," the girl stood up and bowed ninety degrees to the man who stop her from doing the action. 

"It's our pleasure to work with this year's top notcher. Looking forward for it, Miss Song," Mr. Seo said before offering a handshake to which the girl accepted. 


Later when Mr. Seo got home he was greeted with his sister looking intensely at him. He shook his head before proceeding to his room to freshen up. When he came out to his room to eat his dinner his sister is yet again looking at him as though he did a grave sin. Getting bothered about it, he placed his utensil down and give his attention to the girl. 

"What seems to be the problem young lady?" he asked nicely. 

"You. Didn't I told you to recommend Yoona? Why did you choose that Song instead?" she bitterly asked. Truth be told, she constantly tell her brother about Yoona's qualification and she even made him to promise that once Yoona pass the licensure the firm will hire her. 

"One question though. Why are you doting on Yoona so much?" he suspiciously asked because his sister is very persistent about getting Yoona a job. 

"Because she's like a sister to me," she answered immediately but then he still look at him suspiciously. 

"It's the truth," she added. 

"Fine. But we only needed one person. I recommended the two and we had a deliberation whom to choose and in the end they choose Miss Song since she's the top 1 this year," he sigh before answering her truthfully. 

"Aish. They're so going to regret about their decision," Seohyun said with determination. 

--- 

"Congratulations and welcome to the firm Miss Im," the man, probably on his thirties already, initiated a handshake which Yoona gladly accepted. 

"Thank you so much, Sir," she gladly replied swearing to do her job best to not disappoint the man who trusted her capabilities. 

"We should have a lunch as a congratulatory gift and I'll take no for an answer," he said adamantly and Yoona was not the one to bring down an offer coming from him. 


"Our firm has a big client and your help will be really great. I heard you had quite a remark back when you're still in college," the man shared while they were having their meal on a restaurant across their office. 

"Nah, it's actually nothing sir. It's a competition back in college and we have to win cases so we will have high grades," Yoona,dismissing, answered finding it irrelevant to include when it's nothing compared to the man across her. He had a lot of achievement thus she idolized him. 

"Humble, I like that attitude Miss Im," he said amused by the girl. 

"Just some heads up, our client is the Anderson's Insurance Company they're filing a case against the owner of the mall in Busan the one that got on fire," he said instantly earned Yoona's attention. Seems fate is leading her to her dream justice. 

"But I heard it was not an accident it's an arson," Yoona shared surprising the man. 

"Exactly. That's why our client is filing the case for scamming them." 


---

A knock on the door stop the girl on reading the files on her table. She said a soft, "come in." The person or on the case people came in. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter