101

The Lawyer's Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love is often debated by many to be or to be not the cause of everything that's happening around. When we look at the Greek mythology, Eros (Cupid) the god of love is often represented as blindfolded because often love is blind. Yet even the god of love himself, he became a victim of love also. Therefore, love is powerful. It is powerful that others may do wicked things for personal gain or for someone they love. 

Then again, everyone loves and it cannot be argued. If death is inevitable then so does love if not, then more. We love no matter who and what a person is. Even if you're the ugliest thing on Earth like what you perceive you are, there still someone out there who is going to love you. It doesn't matter if you have big differences what matters is what you feel. 

"Wow! Nice introduction," a girl said closely to the person who's typing on her laptop. The latter rolled her eyes before saving her work and closed her laptop. 

"And what kind of wind did Aeolus blew on you that you are pestering me now?" the person asked the girl who dramatically raised her hands up in mock surrender. 

"Seriously, Greek Mythology is rubbing on you," the girl commented and the other girl only had her poker face. 

"Greek Mythology did nothing wrong on you so stop including this on our conversation," the person defended her favorite. 

"Okay, okay. Chill Yoong!" the girl chuckled at Yoona's defense. She took a seat next to the latter. 

"Look what I got~" the girl said trying to lure the deer who take the bait as it got her attention. 

"Just spill it Seo!" Yoona said irritably she is not fond of roundabout. 

"So I sneak this file out from my Oppa's desk. I read something like the fire case in Busan so I thought this might help you," Seohyun said while looking at the other girl with a you-know-what-I-mean gaze. She handed the envelope to the deer before she dive on the bed across where they were sitting. 

"This might be some lead. Thanks Seo, I owe you one," Yoona smiled thankful for her friend. The latter shrugged and not long after Yoona can hear snore coming from the bed. She shook her head before covering the girl with the blanket. 

She reads the file and what caught her attention is the allegation that the fire accident may not be an accident but rather an arson. Her blood boils upon reading more. 

"They're going to pay for what they have done," she told herself determine to bring justice to the victims of the fire. 


--- 

"But she's an illegitimate child Mom! How could you do this?" a young man was protesting againts his own mother when he knew about the succession of their company. Apparently, the successor is his half sister. 

The woman across him just listen calmly before she pass a document. He took it and read what's inside. 

"The company is about to undergo bankruptcy?" he asked innocently and his mother nod in response. 

"Then it's a more reason not to pass the company to that child of Dad," he stated still against the idea. 

"I asked some advice from financial advisers and they all said bankruptcy will most likely to happen," her mother started earning a confuse look from her son. 

"So to avoid the shame of having you as the CEO of a bankrupt company I'd rather pass that to your sister," she continued and the man finally understood her logic. 

 

"You're finally here!" He smiled as though it's a genuine one. He offered the seat across him to the girl who just came. He ordered her something to eat but she refuses saying she's still full so he ordered a drink instead and th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter