Final 5.5

Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything 5.5

 

***

 

Anxiously waiting for the result of the test, Yoona keeps tapping the floor with her feet her mind couldn't get off over the possibility that she and Seohyun are not compatible. The fact that she isn't a blood related is one of the reasons. 'Oh please Lord... please... let this be... let this be... ' but she could able to pray for the positive side.

 

Looking up to the wall clock, it had been 15 minutes since the Doctor has left to the laboratory, and it's driving her crazy, as time passes by.

 

Moments later, her wait is finally over. She smiled, nervously as the doctor takes a seat across her. But the doctor didn't look happy. "What's wrong?" So she's more worried for it.

 

"Why didn't you tell me you had sleeping pills?" The Doctor questioned her rather.

 

Blinking a couple of times, Yoona sure she didn't tell him. "I'm... I'm sorry. I thought it's not necessary. I mean, it's just-"

 

"We can't perform a transplant like this Yoona. You might risk her life!"

 

"C-Can you explain it? I don't get it." She is totally blank.

 

The Doctor sighs and checks on the results. "Since you took medicines, your kidney doesn't look clean or look healthy. Although you guys are compatible, you couldn't give it if you don't-"

 

"So it's possible that I can donate mine?"

 

"Yes, and-"

 

"What should I do? What should I do to perform this?" Yoona is hyped after confirming she can save her love of her life. "Tell me how to make my kidney healthy again." and she's excited to do things just for her.

 

The Doctor is in disbelief but he somehow understands. "You have to eat your meal on time for at least a week. Eating healthy foods and sleeping on time would recover this. A daily exercise is needed also, so your kidney could be working well once the operation is done. But never take any pills except vitamins. I'll provide you the vitamins and you can just do the rest. After a week, go back here and we'll have series of test again."

 

"A... week?" However, Yoona's mood slightly dropped.

 

"Why?"

 

"I have to go back to Seoul in three days. Can't it be done within two days? Please?" Yoona begs for it desperately.

 

"No. Give it a week, Im Yoona. If you want to do this, then I suggest you stay a bit longer." But The Doctor doesn't want to risk.

 

Yoona sighs in defeat. "I'll... I'll try to convince my agency." And hopes that she will be granted. Knowing them, it's going to be hard to convince them.

 

"But you can actually just come back home and you can find a hospital that can help you with this... And then, they will send your kidney here." The Doctor however has another option.

 

"Chincha? That can be done?"

 

"As long as your kidney will be fine inside a bucket, we can guarantee it can be done. But you have to also do as what I told you earlier, Araso?"

 

Yoona finds a new light of hope and she smiles, triumphantly. The Doctor could only smile back and write the vitamins the deer will take for the next days.

 

 

‘You’re going to be alright, right Seohyun-ah?’ After having visit of the doctor secretly, she proceeds to watch the young singer, who is apparently on the bed, looking ill while lying on the bed with a weak face, unlike the last time, which seems to be expected, as the Doctor have found out her left kidney have slowly giving up because of the infectious bacteria that came from her pneumonia. And a small tumor they discovered can’t be killed by simple drugs only. If they’re not going to do the operation, it might risk her life. That’s why; the transplant is needed as soon as possible, in order to save her. ‘You’re going to be alright…without me by your side… trust me.‘ she smiled, holding that faith inside her heart.

 

After a while, she decided to leave quietly but not before she handed Dylan a piece of paper that has letter for Seohyun.

 

“Thank you so much for your help, Dylan. Please take care of her, for me.” She thanked him, couldn’t imagine without him. “But don’t forget to send me updates about her. You have my number and you can do it whenever you want.” She whispers as he hugs him, warmly.

 

“I will, don’t worry.” The half-American half-Chinese says in his warm voice also. “I hope we’ll see each other again.”

 

“In time, we would.” Yoona replied softly, pulling back and smiling friendly to the kind nurse, who put the folded paper on his pocket.

 

“I’ll make sure she got this.” Dylan patted his pocket and reassuringly smiled back.

 

“You better be.” Said Yoona along with a soft chuckle.

 

 

***

 

 

[Your flight can’t be cancelled anymore! You comeback or I will be the one coming there and drag you to the Airport.]

 

Even though Yoona expected to hear it from the manager, she still tried to ask him if it’s okay to extend. She just didn’t responded and ended the call. She put her phone to the side and resumes packing her clothes to the luggage. “You’re just flying back, not going to forget her… okay? You’re just going to get your health back to normal and… you’re going to save her… This should be easy. Aish.” She tried to tell herself that it’ll be alright but she failed as she felt the heaviness on her heart, once again. “Seohyun… “ And there she is again, sulking while tears are dropping. “Baby… my Seobaby… “ she punches her chest a couple of times, as if it will help. “Come on… you’re tough… you’re tough Im Yoona… and so as your… your childhood friend.” She couldn’t say ‘ex’ on her mind, as it seems better to use ‘childhood friend’, when they are since then.

 

“She’ll be alright. Yeah, she will be.” Grabbing her last few clothes, she put them to her luggage, following her other stuffs. Once she’s done, she literally fell on her back on the bed, sighing and catching her breath. Her tears are slowly drying on her cheeks as time passes. “I’ll be back.” She told herself, smiling in determination.

 

 

***

 

 

Having no appetite again to eat, Seohyun just lie on the bed, weak and feeling like she's going to be ill for the rest of her life. Even though she's taking drugs, it's not giving her energy. She thinks the medicine is sickening her even more instead. The Doctor seemed not accurate with his words that her pneumonia is slowly healing after almost a month of medication.

 

Or is it just all her thoughts? Since she knew herself she gets lazy when she's sick. Especially when she's alone.

 

"Hey." Nurse Chiu's mood is however brighter than usual, as he approached her to her bed with another tray of her medicine.

 

"I haven't eaten breakfast." Seohyun said in her weak voice. "Shouldn't I... Take that?" And sighs in the process.

 

"Of course you should after the breakfast."

 

"But I don't have an appetite. I don't want...to eat." She coughs afterwards.

 

"Don't worry; you have an appetite since your food has changed."

 

Seohyun's eyebrows just rise. But the kind nurse only flashes a smile and suddenly he gestures her to sit up. She couldn't decline and slowly complied with his support.

 

"But I have to get it first. And before that, have some good read." Nurse Chiu flashes another bright smile as he took the paper from his pocket and handed it to the patient. "Be back before you know it." He didn't let her react anymore as he left in a flash.

 

Despite having no clue, Seohyun looked at the folded paper that's shape like a square. There were no text on the front and that's making her curious. She unfolded it gently and slowly. Her heart skips a beat the moment she recognizes the writings but she didn't think twice and she reads what's on it.

 

Dear Seobaby;

 

Do you still remember the first day we set our eyes for each other? We're both so young but in my mind, I was thinking, 'Will she grow up like snow white's beauty?' Because that time, I was totally awed by how beautiful you are. It was my first time I meet someone who is young that's like a princess and somehow I think, 'Where are her bodyguards?' Because you deserve to be protective at all times, like a real princess.

 

I was glad that we end up friends... because I was dreaming to be your bodyguard and I'm like the happiest kid when I always have the chance to do it. But I was beyond happy when I fell for you and you fell for me. That day of the confession change everything in me... in a good way. ^^

 

However, I wasn't really aware that you've been seeing me as the perfect girlfriend that I just prove you wrong with my one huge mistake. It’s okay you can see it as 'cheating', I deserve that. I deserve everything you want to call it. And so, I am deeply apologizing for it. You don't know how much I am regretting every second of that. It's killing me inside the more I thought about it. And I agree, I am the worse person living... Do I actually still deserve to live? I sometimes ask that. But I always have the answer, 'Everything has it's reason', and that... I can get through on this - we can get through this.

 

Anyway, so much for my drama. Hehe.

 

I just want you to know that even though I will not be by your side anymore, you will always be in my thoughts. You will always be in my heart. You can't scold me that, can you? I mean, we just broke up but we never ended our friendship. Please don't take that from me also, cause I will always care for you. I will always love you... as a friend.

 

Lastly, please always smile even in these hard times.

I could draw everything that comes to my mind except for your smile. Because I feel that no one can do your smile better than you. I want to remember how it looks every time I close my eyes. But every time I see it, it gets better and better every time. So please... don't forget to smile, okay?

 

And don't forget also that it wasn't only your parents that want to see you healthy again, our Unnies, your other friends, everyone here in Seoul... and me... We are all praying for your recovery.

 

Fighting! You can do it! We are going to see you back home, soon ;)

 

P.S. I'm not giving up on YOU!

 

You are my first love and you will be my last as well. #Forever

 

Love, Im Yoona ^.~

 

Seohyun is smiling while her tears are falling non-stop. She didn't notice it until she reads the last part of the letter. It's amazing that it suddenly boost her energy. It seems, she just needed some cheer and Yoona once again didn't fail her with that. She felt bad for her because she wanted to end everything that's connected between them yet here she is, still doing what she normally do every time she's down or stress. Everything about her since she knew her, seems have still been there. Now, she felt regret that she has to go on hard with her. But she didn't feel regret about giving them space. It was all for the best for them.

 

However, she wouldn't disappoint them. She will fight for her life. So she can comeback, healthy again. She wipes all of her tears and smile, smile like it's the first time she ever had. 'Thank you, Yoongie... I will... comeback soon.'

 

As Nurse Chiu entered the room, he noticed the atmosphere has change. It's bright and he loves his smile when she saw him. "So... breakfast?" He offered, smiling back.

 

Seohyun nodded and just grabs the tray of her food and surprised him when she has this big open mouth, unlike the last time she eats.

 

'I wonder what did Yoona told her? But whatever it is, it's helping her.' Nurse Chiu thought, hoping it will continue until the day of her transplant.

 

 

***

 

 

4 days later, since Yoona returned to Seoul, she never wasted her time and she had been doing what the doctor has told her. It was lucky and she doesn't have tight schedule, she will return home before supper and use it to rest and little exercises. Her meal had been always healthy as well. And she will never forget about drinking her vitamins because she has an alarm set for it. Her Unnies and managers are keeping her in check as well, after learning her intentions for a healthy life style. She plans to continue such routine even after she donates her kidney.

 

"What are you doing here?" But she doesn't plan to continue whatever Irene plans. "I thought you already knew that what happened between us isn't what I intended t do?" She seriously doesn't like to see her ever again. It's okay in their company, but she plans not to talk with her, until she fixes her problem with Seohyun. "Please leave before I could say something you wouldn't like to know." She coldly said and walks passes at her. But before she can reach for the doorknob of her apartment, Irene grabs her hand pulled her close and tried to kiss her, if she didn't avoided it and yanks her grasps off of her. "ARE YOU INSANE?!" she erupted, couldn't hold it any longer. "Please have some respect on yourself! You're obviously not in your mind anymore! I will never like you like you do to me!"

 

Irene crouched down and she sobs, covering her face.

 

Yoona scoffs in disbelief. "You can't buy me with that. I will never be softened by you. But Irene... You have to stop this before you lose yourself. Can't you see? You're not you anymore. The girl I know back then is no longer there. You have changed a lot because of that love... Love yourself first before you love someone. Because I swear, you won't ever get the happiness you want." she told her firmly and quickly unlock her door. She opened it and got inside before Irene can stop her and so something she will not like. She locked the door securely, making sure she wouldn't try to open it. She sighs as she looked at her on her intercom and walks to the sofa with another sigh.

 

A white cute fluffy puppy is running towards her, greeting her with those small yet cute barks. "Aigoo... Ppoppo... " She picked her up and put her into her arms, rubbing her back gently. "I'm glad you're here with me." She whispers, smiling genuinely. Seohyun doesn't know but she decided to take care of her since the dog centre have requested for her to take care of her. Who wouldn't say no to a cute and so polite puppy? "Wait, I think it's okay if I send her a picture, right?" Placing her down next to her, she took her phone and opens her camera. She giggles once Ppoppo finds the camera and it was her chance to capture her. "Kyaa, why so cute? Your Omma will be so happy to see you." She didn't think twice and she sends the picture with a caption that says: 'Someone is missing you. She said, 'Get well soon, Omma, I can't wait to play with you again.'

 

After sending the picture, she suddenly heard constant knock on the door along with Irene's cries. She rolled her eyes and went to see her on the intercom. She pressed the button and decided to give her an advice. "Find someone that will love you like the way you love that person. Don't push yourself to someone who has already tied her heart to another girl. And please, go home now before your other members will get worry." With that, she returned to the sofa and ignores all the sound outside. Her attention returned to Ppoppo as she captured her more. She giggles when she suddenly her hand and is asking her to take her back into her arms. She was about to do that when her phone beeps and Seohyun message can be read as: 'I miss her so much too. I will come back soon, Ppoppo. I love you~'

 

"You don't miss me, do you?" Yoona pouted sadly once she reads it. "Oh well, as long as it's helping her to have a smile on her face." She shrugs it off and sends the pictures she captured. She waited for her replies but she never did anymore, but that's totally fine. "Alright, let's have dinner and take an early rest. Tomorrow is another day." she told the puppy and takes her with her into the kitchen, where she put the puppy into the chair as she grabs the apron Seohyun gifted that day and put it on her. She can't help and smile, knowing Seohyun was thinking about her when she bought the costumize apron. God knows how much she regretted that day.

 

"Appa will cook for you and me. So set back and relax, okay? Okay." She told Ppoppo before opening the fridge and take her ingredients while the puppy behaves on her chair, watching her attentively as she cooks for the both of them.

 

Meanwhile, in her own ward, while she's eating her lunch, Seohyun is smiling, couldn't stop staring to Ppoppo's pictures. The thought of Yoona taking care of her is somewhat giving her assurance that Ppoppo won't be alone. And she's grateful for her for doing it. She didn't even ask her to do it, but she did.

 

What she did is really helping the both of them.

 

 

***

 

 

After a long run around the neighbourhood for the 9th day, Yoona is having a rest in Han River Park, watching the river with all smiles because she just received a message earlier from Nurse Chiu that Seohyun is now as brighter than the last time she saw her. And it seems she's more than ready for the transplant anytime. Her prayers had been greatly coming true and she wishes for it to continue until she completely recovers. No one can take her happiness right now. And she's just too proud of Seohyun.

 

She took her time, admiring the scene constantly moving before her and enjoys the good weather. Until she received the message that tells her everything is prepared and that, they're only waiting for her arrival.

 

She had been preparing herself as well. So she never have this second thoughts or is she even afraid of what will she about to do, and she took her car, smiling bravely and confidently, driving herself to the hospital she booked to operate her.

 

It took only 45 minutes and she arrived in the hospital, safe and sound. But she didn't expect, Taeyeon and Hyo are there to give her a support and cheer on her childishly. She is flattered and promised to come out the operation room still smiling and stronger than the usual Yoona they know.

 

"Yah! Don't take too long." Taeyeon told her once she lies down on the stretcher.

 

"We will be waiting here until you come out." Hyoyeon said as she gives their maknae a gentle squeeze on her hand a genuine smile.

 

"And we will be taking care of you in your recovery." Taeyeon promises. She doesn't know when will the healing process be over but she is sure to be always being there with their hero.

 

"I already ordered the healthy foods you mentioned before, so after your operation, you will be living in heaven." Hyoyeon playfully said earning a giggle from the deer.

 

"Thank you, Unnie. I'm so grateful. And I am glad you guys never told my parents about this. I will tell them, soon, though." Yoona reassuringly flashes a sincere smile.

 

"Well, it's your decision. You know we always respect and supported you for whatever you are doing. As long as it's good for you." Hyoyeon softly says. She wanted to hug the deer but she couldn't. Maybe when it's done.

 

"I haven't tell you this, thank you so much for doing this, Yoong." Taeyeon took Yoona's hand this time. "I really am convinced now how big your love for our Seohyun is. Although she doesn't treat you well when you visited her. I really can't find any kind of love like yours."

 

"I should be the one thanking you, Unnie. I mean, because of your support, your lectures towards me, I wouldn't realize everything I have done. It was a way for me to think of Seohyun's sake than mine. I really owe you for this." Yoona is beyond happy to have good unnies around her. Without them, she couldn't do it right.

 

"Nah, Hyoyeon here is also one of the reasons I am like this too. She influenced me." Taeyeon is flattered and she drags Hyo to compliment her.

 

"Of course." Chuckled the deer. But she wasn't able to add more words as the nurses are now pulling her to the room.

 

"Fighting, Yoongie! You can do it!" Hyoyeon and Taeyeon cheered on the deer together. The girl only wave her hand in the air and showed a playful V-sign.

 

"Still choding."

 

"As always." Taeyeon agreed undoubtedly. They went to the waiting room and watch some random tv shows while they wait indefinitely for their fellow member.

 

Yoona who is now lying under a light and is slowly dozing off because of the anaesthesia, smiles a little as she thought of one person only, 'Seohyun~' before she loses her consciousness and her operation begins.

 

-

 

Nurse Chiu is busy putting on Seohyun's new IV when her phone beeps under her pocket. His lips curved into a small smile, knowing who sent him a message.

 

"What's wrong, Nurse Chiu?" Seohyun looked at her nurse with a confuse look on her face because she caught him suddenly smiling.

 

"Oh, nothing. I just thought of something." Nurse Chiu finished with his work and checks on the dextrose again before he stared back to the innocent patient of his. "Do you remember that paper I gave the last time?"

 

Seohyun blinks a couple of times. "Last week?" And it reminds her of the doe-eyed beauty.

 

"Yes. Actually received another letter today." Nurse Chiu took an envelope from his pocket and handed to the young lady, who's still looked pale.

 

"Is this-"

 

"It seems." Nurse Chiu teasingly smile, cutting the latter's sentence.

 

Seohyun didn't answer. She just tore the envelope and check if it's indeed another letter from the deer. She couldn't understand herself but she's suddenly wanted to read her letter again. Unfortunately, she unexpectedly received a ticket. "What's..." And as she checks what kind of ticket it is, she is speechless. Because it's apparently a ticket to a Broadway musical in New York. She hasn't been able to buy a ticket in Wicked's musical in New York because it's too expensive. "I... I can't accept this." She handed it back to Nurse Chiu, doesn't want to owe Yoona big.

 

"Seohyun, this isn't like she wanted you to change your mind. Um, at least read the letter attach too. So you will understand."

 

Seohyun wanted to explain her part but the way her nurse is begging her suddenly she has no choice but to take it and reads the message.

 

Hi, Seohyun~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter