Final 1.5

Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything 1.2

 

***

 

"Double pneumonia is a lung infection that affects both of your lungs. The infection inflames the air sacs in your lungs, or the alveoli, which fill with fluid or pus. This inflammation makes it hard to breathe... That's what happened to you during the rehearsals... Um... But we have a big problem... We can't guarantee you to have full recovered from this, since we don't have the complete equipment. If you want, we can call from London that can provide us, or you guys will be the one travelling. It's just all up to you. As long as you'll be treated right away, it's not going to cause your life."

 

Seohyun's heart is heavy. Two hours since she learned about her illness, she still couldn't accept that fact that it got worsen. She thought it's just a simple 'cough' and 'flu', but ever since she lose her consciousness while on the way home and got into a check-up, everything seems not okay out of nowhere. She has to cancel her schedule the following day and the coming days, as the doctor have suggest for her to have a full week of rest, at the same time, she has to think on what fate she will take.

 

But right now, as only hurts that has passes, she's already stress thinking of her health. It's a surprise for her part, since she had been careful and had been taking vitamins.

 

"You can catch pneumonia by coming into contact with infectious viruses or breathing in infectious air droplets. If it’s not treated, any pneumonia can be life-threatening."

 

But as she thought of the reason how she got it, it all made sense, as she meets a lot of people on her work. And sometimes, there are even sick. But it's unacceptable and unfair for her part, who had been healthy since she was a child.

 

"Hey, you okay, honey?" Mr. Seo finally noticed that his daughter is quiet and not responding to his and his wife's conversation. He raises his eyebrows, watching her from the backseat of their car.

 

"Yes. I'm just tired, Appa." came Seohyun's timid answer, adjusting her face-mask.

 

"Don't worry; we have 30 minutes left to our house." Mister Seo reassured his daughter. He can feel she's down about the findings. But he can't be obvious that he's worried about it. He wants to show that he'll be strong for her strong and will be by her side until she recovers.

 

"Do you want us to stop over the park, honey? So we can witness the sun set?" Mrs. Seo suggested, flashing a warm smile to her daughter. She herself is nervous and at the same time worried for their daughter. But as her parent, it's not required to show she's weak, instead, it's a must to be stronger than her daughter. She's her mother, after all.

 

"Nah, I'm fine. Let's just go straight. I'm really just tired." Seohyun said and flashes a reassuring smile. She wanted to thank her parents for thinking about her, but something is really preventing her and she couldn't pull herself up. It's just too heavy inside that it's impossible for her to fake a bright response. Just then, she cough and her parents looked at her in concern. "I'm fine." she told them rub her chest thoroughly.

 

"By the way, I saw Yoona on the TV screen earlier; she's wearing white just like you told me." Mister Seo said, glancing to his daughter, still wearing that bright smile.

 

"She's so pretty honey. I'm pretty sure she's trending again on the search engine." Mrs. Seo added, as she attempts to lift the mood up in the car.

 

"How long is the flight in Dubai?"

 

"I don't know. But I hope she will enjoy the concert." The mention of her girlfriend somehow brings a little smile in her face, behind the mask. Despite her decision from leaving the company, she and Yoona had never lost in contact. Although their 'date's and meet-up got lessen, it doesn't bother them.

 

"Aren't you going to be jealous?" Mrs. Seo suddenly wants to daughter.

 

"Why would I be jealous?" Seohyun felt teased but she finds it silly. It's not nature for her mother to with that kind of stuff. "Yoona and I had been through a lot, I know her well than to be jealous."

 

"We know your girlfriend is so sweet with everyone. How aren't you giving her a warning about that?" Mister Seo said as a matter of fact.

 

"Yeah, I saw her rolling up some sleeves of a random girl on that variety show. Didn't you see it?"

 

"I'm not a fan of the show." Seohyun blushed upon confessing. "I've never tried to watch up." she couldn't stop herself and tried to cover it up. "I mean, it's too late. I'm already sleeping by that time. You know how I don't love staying up... l-late, right, Appa, Omma?" But she is really bad at lying.

 

"Really? I saw you staying up late in your room last Sunday. What's that then?" Mister Seo is curious.

 

Seohyun widened her eyes. "I-I did, but I wasn't watching it. I mean, I don't think I will watch her with that show, where a lot of guys and girls are gawking with her. I would rather watch her with those dogs. You know, I ship them with her. Hehe..." she hastily looked away.

 

"We never mentioned some guys are also crushing on her on that show, honey." Mrs. Seo raise her brows in confusions. "And you know there are dogs? How?"

 

"Do you also know the name of the dogs?" Mr Seo teases back.

 

Flustered and obviously was caught, Seohyun grabs her coat on the side and covered her face. 'Babo, babo, babo. Aish.' as she scolded herself in the process. Her face and shoulders are turning red like a tomato, due to embarrassment. 'Aish, that choding. She's sure the sweetest, and I hate it.'

 

Mr. and Mrs. Seo both giggles, as they finally made their daughter forget about the result of her check-up for the meantime. They both couldn't stop from smiling, couldn't resist how cute their daughter is.

 

 

***

 

 

Normally, she would be busy chatting with Yoona after dinner, but her body is seriously damn tired that she can't even try to hold her smartphone and check for messages. And the fact that she had taken her medicine got her drowsier. But the call of nature can't definitely be bear. She has to get up from her bed and force herself to walk to the bathroom for the next four hours.

 

12:30am, She woke up not to pee or poo, but has to rushed to the bathroom as she cough tremendously.

 

Mr. And Mrs. Seo were disturbed from next door and they went to check their only daughter, not missing to put on their masks as the doctor advised them to put on their masks, every time they have to check her.

 

"Honey, we're just here. We are not leaving until you calm down." However, Seohyun is fast enough to close the door on the bathroom and locked it before they could get inside, as she coughs over and over again in front of the sink.

 

Mrs. Seo is getting more worried. "Shouldn't we confine her now?" As she felt like the cough and the constant heavy breathing from their daughter is getting worse each seconds passes.

 

"Yeah, we really should. Honey, we're going to call an ambulance, okay? Please hang on there." Mr. Seo told their daughter and hurried runs to the next room, grabbing her phone and quickly called 911.

 

Mrs. Seo is trembling in fear; eyes are now filled with tears the more she listens to her daughter inside, obviously having a hard time to breathe. She is now regretting that she just allowed her daughter's request to have a medication at home, thinking it still can be prevented.

 

"J-Joohyun?!" Suddenly, she heard a loud thud inside and it immediately cause her heart to beat faster than usual. "Is everything alright there, baby?" But there is no response, except a defeaning silence. "Sh*t." She cursed and hurriedly rushed to the next room. She meets half-way with her husband, but it didn't stop her, as she took the extra key for the next room. As she returned with her husband, she gives the key and he opened it in behalf of her. They were in horror to find their daughter lying on a cold floor, unconsciously, and there is stain of blood on the stink. They didn't waste their time and check over their daughter's condition. They were relieved to learn her heart beats are normal, but she look so pale.

 

It wasn't long enough and the ambulance arrived. Mrs. Seo is crying, could no longer take it, watching their daughter being taken by the rescuers. Thankfully and her husband is with him, supporting her all the way to the van. The anxiety they're feeling at the moment is four times they normally feel if they have reports or presentation in their work.

 

Meanwhile, a young doe-eyed singer and actress is busy trying to contact her girlfriend while everyone around her are busy having their time of their lives, dancing to every song that will be playing in the DJ's booth. "Why the heck she's not answering? Damn it." But as time passes she couldn't connect with her, she got annoyed and gives up. She toss her phone on the side and was about to resume her meal when someone grabs her arm. She is surprised but eventually goes with Irene, as they joined the others in the dance floor. Taeyeon and Hyo are like drunken ladies already, that she couldn't stop laughing her heart, all through the night.

 

 

***

 

 

Birds chirping, calming music of jazz is playing and faint sounds of conversation not that far from her, Seohyun slowly gains consciousness. She loved the feeling this time, as she can breathe normally unlike her last memory from the night before, where everything is just hardly to cope.

 

Her lips curved into a smile as she got clear visions of the good weather outside and she see two birds in a branch that reminds her of her doe-eyed lover.

 

Flashback...

 

It's break time from practice when seventeen year old Seohyun went out to have a fresh air and hopefully to have renewed her strength for another round of rehearsals later. But while walking in the park nearby, she heard noises coming from a bird. She got curious and looks around in search for it. "Omo." she found it under a tree and rushed to its side immediately. "Otoke... why are you hurt?" Just to find out, the bird can't able t move and sounds like crying. She doesn't know what to do so she tried to see some help, but no one is in the park except for kids, playing around. Knowing they can't help her with the bird, she just refused to talk with them.

 

"Joohyun-ah! There you are!" Until one familiar figure is jogging towards her, wearing a choding smile on her face. "I've been looking for-"

 

"Unnie! Help me!" She meets with her half-way and took her wrist, dragging her to the poor bird. "The bird, it looked like it's hurting." she said and pout her lips in concern for the bird.

 

Crouching down, Yoona's eyebrows are creasing as she checks on it. She can see and she can hear it's struggling to move.

 

"Shoud we bring the bird to the clinic? I mean, veterinarian?" Seohyun is not certain if it's okay, since she mostly can see dogs being treated by vet.

 

"Of course. We have a vet clinic nearby; we should bring this to him." Yoona confirmed and she gently took the bird to her palm and get on her feet. But she got surprised when Seohyun took her free hand and the latter smiled at her cutely. She didn't say a word and returns the hold, as they walk holding hands, straight to the clinic.

 

-

 

"What? 1000 won?" Yoona is in disbelief after learning that they have to pay for the bird's treatment before it gets treated. "I-I don't have any money like that in my pocket, Ahjussi."

 

"Then you guys can leave now."

 

"Wait!" Seohyun held the door right before the doctor can close it. "I can get it!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter