Chapter 2

Hate that I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You should be careful,” I said to Minkyung as I held out my hand for her to take which she swatted away.

“I don’t need your help or pity. I can get up myself,” she said but as she got up her foot must not have been cooperating with her as she stumbled. Not wanting her to hurt herself more so I caught her but my hand landed on her sides as her shirt slowly rode up and with my hand flush against her skin. If it didn’t already feel like things were too much being stuck in here with Minkyung I think felt a little hotter and cramped. Her skin felt warm and very soft. I couldn’t help but inhale, her smell was a unique blend of vanilla, coffee, and floral scents. It wasn’t a smell I was expecting to come from Minkyung but it was very intoxicating.

“You can let go of me now Kyungwon, I’m fine.” I heard Minkyung say to me snapping me out of my thoughts. I quickly released my hold on her as if touching her skin had burned me and coughed to ease the awkwardness. “Not like I care or anything but is your leg alright? Is it sprained or anything? “I asked hoping she wouldn’t catch on that I did genuinely care if she was alright.

“I’m fine and why should you care Kyungwon! It’s not like we’re friends or anything,” Minkyung snapped at me which was fine with me considering we don’t really have the best relationship at the moment. We just share mutual friends. I just feel bad because when what happened between us it affected Nayoung unnie, Eunwoo, and Kyulkyung the most when our dynamic changed.

I watched as Minkyung started to walk but I heard her hiss which meant she really did hurt herself. Here I thought I would be the one to hurt myself considering I was always the clumsy one out of us two. I spotted some form of material that could be used as a bandage in the corner of Eunwoo’s closet and grabbed it.

“Here,” I said as I tossed the fabric towards her which I was met with a confused by her.

“Is this a joke? Why would you throw this at me?”

“It’s not a joke and if you should know I was just trying to help you by giving you something to wrap your foot with till we get out of here.”

“Why wait to leave when I could just yell out and tell them I’m injured they’ll probably come and open the door for us then.”

I couldn’t believe her. If she really thought they would believe her after all the excuses she was making before then she really must be delusional. “If you think they’ll open the door because you say you’re injured. Hey, it wasn’t like you made up a bunch of excuses before but go ahead,” I said gesturing for her to continue but what I must have said really gave her a hit of reality as she glared at me.

“You know what I don’t really have the energy to yell and they’re probably asleep by now,” Minkyung said as she slowly began to sit down as she began fumbling with the fabric trying to wrap her foot. I could tell she hadn’t done this before but I didn’t know if I should go and do it for her or not.

“If you need help with that I can do it for you? It doesn’t look like you’ve ever done that before,” I said genuinely but all I got was a scoff in reply.

“I’m alright Kyungwon! Don’t pretend you want to help me now,” Minkyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter