Chapter 5

Hate that I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minkyung POV

As the three of us walked to the class which wasn’t that far from our lockers. To say it was weird was an understatement. Kyungwon and I had shared many classes with each other in the past three years but not once had we actually walked to class together. It was actually a nice feeling.

“Hey, what song did you guys prepare to sing for our assignment in music?” Kyungwon asked as we walked into class, choosing to sit next to each other. I had forgotten we were performing today after what had happened last night. Our music class was given an assignment as well as being told that there were prizes up for grabs. We were able to choose between groups or solo. I chose to go with the group considering I wasn’t too confident singing by myself. The best thing about music was that we were able to sing with students from the other music classes.

“We’re singing a song called black widow that Sungyeon, Minkyung unnie and I wrote,” Yaebin explained excitedly.

“Oh that’s right you guys picked a group, right? Is all nine of you guys doing that song?” Kyungwon asked curiously.

“Yeah we are, sorry we didn’t include you,” I said sincerely. I felt bad because Kyungwon probably would have been able to sing with us if we had been on better terms. Kyungwon laughed and shook her head. “Its fine, we weren’t exactly in the best terms when the assignment was given. I’m looking forward to the performance,” Kyungwon said as she smiled at both Yebin and me.

“You better look forward to it unnie, because we’re going to win that prize with our hot and y performance,” Yebin joked. “What are you going to sing though unnie?” Yebin asked. I was also curious too because Sana was singing with her other group of friends and I wasn’t too sure if Kyungwon and Mingyu were going to sing as a duo or solo.

Kyungwon just smiled, “It’s a surprise. You’ll just have to wait and see like everyone else,” Kyungwon said as she winked at both of us. I don’t know why but after Kyungwon had done that my heart skipped a beat. I had forgotten just how warm the feeling was when Kyungwon would smile her gummy smile. Although, I wished Kyungwon had just told us what she was going to sing but I guess like everyone else I’d have to wait until last period to see her performance.

“May the best team win unnie,” Yaebin said as she put up her fist which Kyungwon bumped.

“Right back at you guys! But remember don’t cry when Mingyu and I win the top prize,” She said jokingly.

“In your dreams Kang Kyungwon,” I said and slightly pushed her which surprised me considering we hadn’t joked like that in a while. It seemed Yaebin and Kyungwon were also slightly surprised as they paused for a second but then continued to laugh.

“Okay, since you guys think you guys are going to win why don’t we make a bet?” Kyungwon suggested but from the look in her eyes, she seemed to be up to something. It was a look I had often seen in Xiyeon’s eyes and she was basically Kyungwon’s daughter.

“What do you suggest unnie?” Yebin asked. I didn’t want to play this game considering a bet meant anything could be put on the table.

“I’m not playing this game, if you two want to place a bet then do it between you two,” I said shaking my head and moving away slightly from the two of them.

“What are scared of Minky? It’s just a bet,” Kyungwon said but with a slight smirk. It irritated me but if I had, to be honest, she looked hot. What is wrong with me? Why did I just thinkg that? I just shook my head, “I’m not scared of anything. I just don’t want to play. You two are free to bet whatever just count me out.”

“Okay, then it’s just between us two then unnie,” Yaebin said but from the looks of it both of them seemed to have a mischievous glint in their eyes. I hope these two don’t get into any trouble, these two were like siblings. They either cared for each other or would try to get the other into trouble.

“What do you suggest unnie?”

I watched as Kyungwon thought about it. “If I win then at the party on Friday, you have to let me give you your alcohol. You have to drink all the mixes I make no matter what. On top of that, you have to do everything I say for a week.”

“Unnie, I’ve had one of your mixes and it tasted like death. Your alcohol to beverage ratio is too much!” Yaebin complained but Kyungwon just shrugged her shoulders and grinned as they continued to bicker. It was amusing to watch too seeing Kyungwon like thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter