Chapter 6

Hate that I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungwon POV

I watched as the girls made their way backstage, probably to get dressed and get ready. Mingyu and I didn’t really have a set costume like everyone else. Lucky for me, Mingyu and I had got changed after my encounter with the girls. So instead of having to be backstage we could sit and watch the others. We both decided on just wearing casual but casual where you still look good, personally, I didn’t really care if I lost the bet, it was just a fun bet. I’m just laughing because the girls probably still assume that I hate body shots, but being friends with Sana who goes to parties and drags me along with her I’ve gotten used to doing body shots.

“Hey, it’s Sana group on now,” Mingyu said breaking me out of my thoughts. It was nice knowing that Sana had a group of friends outside of our trio although I’m not sure why they call themselves twice. We each had a group out of our trio, even though everyone thinks Mingyu is a loner just because he looks grumpy, he actually has friends except they go to the rival high school, they call themselves seventeen.  

I watched as Sana came out with the eight other girls in their group. I knew they were all visually attractive, but wow today they are looking extra good. Their clothing though seemed very bright, but if I remember Sana did say the song they were doing was a cute concept. I looked over at Mingyu and despite his cold looks he seemed to be very interested in the girls, I followed his eye sight and saw he was staring at Mina.

“Dude, you know if you’re into Mina just ask her out,” I said which must have caught him off guard as he suddenly broke his eye contact.

“I’m not into her like that, she’s just really attractive. Besides I don’t know if she’s into guys considering most of the girls look like they’re dating each other.”

I just laughed, “Dude, you’re just overthinking it. I say give it a try. Then again you seem to be in love with every girl that catches your eye.” I teased.

“Psssh, speak for yourself player,” Mingyu retorted. I was going to say something but their performance was starting.

I always knew Sana looked good, but man her in that pink dress was really getting to me. Not only that but the way she was smiling, I don’t know how someone could be so cute and y at the same time. Sana and I were good friends, yeah we were friends with benefits but that was where it ended. We didn’t have any feelings for each other, it was purely physical but we did care for each other. I remember when Mingyu had found out, he didn’t really question it he just said don’t hurt each other. We both had said that if one of us caught feelings for each other we would say. When Nayoung unnie was the only one I told out of the girls, it was only because I knew she would listen and not judge. Although she had the same concern, on saying it never works but so far it’s working. We also both agreed that if we were sleeping with other people we would tell the other.

Finally, their performance had ended. The song was really catchy and the choreography was on point. “I think after today all I’m going to have in my head is, I wanna know know know what is love… What is love,” Mingyu said which made me laugh.

“Yeah, I think that song is still ringing in my head.”

“You know Kang, do you and Sana have any feelings for each other? I mean you two have been sleeping with each other for two years. Not going to lie but your eyes never left hers and if we weren’t best friends I’d think you two were a couple.” Mingyu said. I wasn’t sure where this was coming from considering he knew what the relationship was between Sana and me.

“Dude, there’s nothing between us like that. I’ve always asked Sana if she wanted more than what we were doing and she continuously said no. I don’t like her like that, I just care for her and we know how Sana is, she’s got most of the girls eating out her palm.” I wasn’t going to lie that girl is a big flirt, not only with the members of her group but also other girls.

“Anyway, we agreed we would stop if we both found someone to date or someone we liked,” I explained while Mingyu nodded.

“Okay, just don’t hurt each other or anything because you two are my best friends and I’d hate to see what happened between you and Minkyung happen to you and Sana. I mean I know you two are friends now but that was after three years.” I understood where Mingyu was coming from, yeah he had his other friends but he always told us that Sana and I were very special to him because we accepted him when no one else did at school.

“Mingyu, don’t worry. I wouldn’t let that happen between Sana and me,” I said sincerely as I pat him on the back.

“Enough of this sweet stuff, let’s just watch the other performances,” Mingyu said breaking the mood.

“Way to ruin the mood,” I joked which led to both of us laughing.

“What are you two laughing about?” Sana said cutting off our laughter as she approached us.

“Nothing just the fact that MIngyu was being Mingyu,” I said which Sana just nodded too. “Your performance was amazing and you were really good out there,” I said as she came and sat next to us.

“Yeah, I’d say you guys were probably one of the top performances out of the girl groups so far. Including the red velvet group with their song bad boy,” Mingyu said as I nodded in agreement.

“Awww thanks, guys,” Sana said as she came and engulfed both of us in a hug and gave us both

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter