Chapter 8

Hate that I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi, sorry for the late update. Things have been busy lately and because of that I decide i'd give a double update which I tried my hardest to do. Sorry, if the story isn't as good but I will continue to try my hardest. Not too sure when the next update will be but hopefully soon. Thank you for waiting patiently and sorry for any grammar errors.

____________________________________________________________________________

Minkyung POV

I had just arrived at school, after what had happened yesterday with our performances I was nervous to find out our grade. I wasn’t upset over the fact that we didn’t win a prize considering everyone’s performances were really good. I was tired of the fact that last night I couldn’t sleep, especially since all my brain could think of what happened between Kyungwon and I. Was it coincidental that our eyes kept making eye contact? I mean she was doing the exact same thing to Sana as well as a couple other girls in our class but for some reason, it almost felt a little special every time she looked at me.

“Unnie, why are you walking slowly for?” Yewon said breaking me out of my thoughts as I stopped and to look at Yewon who was at least ten metres ahead of me. “Unnie, you were like a zombie lost in thought. We’re going to be late for school if you keep walking like that.”

“Sorry Yewon, let’s go,” I said as I quickly jogged to her. It wasn’t long until we had reached school and it seemed the other girls must have been waiting for us as they were outside talking, I could even spot Kyungwon and Sana with them. I saw as Sungyeon looked up and noticed us.

“Unnie, Yewon. Why are you guys so late today? We were waiting for you guys so we could go see the results. Kahi seonsang nim has already posted the results up in front of her office.”

“Yeah, we need to find out who won the bet,” Xiyeon said.

“Is that all you care about? Do you not care about your grade Xiyeon? That’s more important than the bet,” Nayoung scolded Xiyeon who just shrugged.

“Can always improve my grade, seeing if Kyungwon unnie will be paying for our food is more important.”

“Enough talking guys, let’s go find out our grades. I need to see if I’m going to be doing everything for Kyungwon unnie,” Yaebin said as she began walking towards the entrance with everyone else following.

I walked alongside Yewon and Sungyeon as they were bickering over something until I felt someone touch my shoulder. Turning to see who it was, I was surprised to see Kyungwon smiling at me.

“Hey, I didn’t say this to you yesterday but you were really good out there,” Kyungwon said with a smile on her face. I could feel myself heating up and I was pretty sure that there was a slight blush evident on my face.

“Thanks, your performance was great too. The second song especially reminded me of those days when you would always jam out to Justin Bieber,” I said which made Kyungwon laugh.

“Well I guess that’s something that hasn’t changed right?” she said as she winked at me. Ugh why is she doing this? It’s making me confused really. Like my body feels butterflies right now which has never happened before with Kyungwon. 

I just nodded in reply after that we continued walking in silence side by side. Instead of it feeling awkward it was actually comfortable. It wasn’t long till we heard some of the girls making noise.

“WOOOO! Kyungwon unnie, get ready for your wallet to get lighter.” Xiyeon said as she ran up and was doing what seemed to be a celebratory dance but she really looked funny. I guess this meant that we got a better grade.  I watched as Kyungwon slightly jogged towards the paper and from her facial expression, she did lose the bet. I wonder how they graded it considering out of all the performances their performance really captivated the audience. Everyone was singing and dancing along too.

“Well, Kyungwon unnie seems I won the bet. Our food is on you for a week and at the party, we get to choose the five people you’re going to take shots off,” Yaebin said as she put her hand on Kyungwon’s shoulder.

“Well a bet is a bet and I lost fair and square,” Kyungwon said as she shrugged. “Do you already have the five people? It’s just so I can prepare for my doom.”

I watched as Yaebin put her hand up to her face and made the thinking pose. “I don’t have five people in mind but I have one. The other girls can come up with the other four if they want since it was a group effort.” She explained but as I looked over at Xiyeon, Yewon, and Sungyeon who all had an evil smirk on their faces. Just from that, I knew it was going to be a disaster as I could already see them going over a list in their heads.

“Oh cool, who’s the one person then?”

‘I saw Sooyoung unnie(joy) checking you out so that’s who I had in mind.” Yaebin explained. I saw that too but for some reason, I didn’t like it. When we were kids she had always wanted to be friends with Kyungon and now that I knew she was biual that must have been the reason why. I looked over at Kyungwon to see her reaction but she was just nodding.

“I’m fine with that but it’s just convincing the five people for me to take the body shots that you need luck with.”

“Please unnie, after that performance, I’m sure almost every girl was going gay for you. Nayoung unnie was even mad at Jieqiong unnie for drooling over you,” Kyla sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter