social shock

You're You (and I Love You)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungkwan had been off for a few days after their first date, and at first, Mingyu didn’t think anything of it. He was something like a pro of coming up with all kinds of scenarios that could have happened within the few times they weren’t together after their date.

 

Another one of Seungkwan’s classmates pissed him off, most likely unknowingly, but there was always the occasional situation where it was 100% knowingly. Or, Mingyu thought, it could have been a professor. Having a professor piss Seungkwan off was more on the unlikely side, but it wasn’t an impossible probability. Nonetheless, these two options were ruled out by Hansol and Wonwoo as soon as Mingyu had gotten them out of his mouth because if those two scenarios were the case, then Boo Seungkwan would have let the entire world know his grievances.

 

So Mingyu tried again.

 

He thought about the possibility that it could have been a total stranger, or maybe something nonhuman. And before Mingyu could get off on a tangent about animals or even alien lifeforms, Seungcheol chimed in with an unnecessary, “Maybe you did something?” and he made the face where he pursed his lips and raised his eyebrows again and Mingyu glared at him.

 

“The date was perfect, I’m telling you! We went to see a movie, and then we took a stroll through the park—the one with the nice pond and pretty garden, by the way!—and then we got hungry and I brought him to his favorite cafe. You know, the faux-French one with a bit of an Asian twist to it that is more expensive than it has any right to be?” Mingyu explained, deciding that if he left out the little hiccups that happened prior to the cafe visit, no one had to know other than him.

 

“I hope you didn’t mention that to Seungkwan,” Wonwoo quipped with a quirked brow and an amused smirk.

 

“Of course not!” Mingyu pouted. “He said it for me,”

 

Hansol snorted. “Typical Seungkwan,”

 

“ Anyways ,” Mingyu cleared his throat dramatically. “We had lunch at the cafe, everything was great, conversation was as amazing as always. It was after we left when he started being a little weird. Like he wouldn’t hold my hand, wouldn’t even look at me, and our conversations actually died. Like, Boo Seungkwan? Let a conversation die?”

 

“Did anything happen while you guys were leaving?” Seungcheol questioned, a little concerned now. Wonwoo and Hansol were a bit on the concerned side as well now. Mingyu was glad they were finally taking this seriously.

 

“Uh, I don’t think so?” Mingyu furrowed his brows and leaned back into his chair, thinking hard about what could have possibly happened as they were leaving. After a few moments of thinking, Mingyu sighed and sat upright, coming up empty. Although, he does remember something from when Mingyu dropped Seungkwan off back at his dorm. “Well, I don’t remember anything happening at the cafe or anything, but when I dropped him off, he didn’t kiss me like usual. I asked him what’s wrong, and he just said what he usually says, something about “You’re you,” or whatever. I really don’t understand why he keeps saying that, like what is that supposed to mean? Yes I’m me, and he’s him, and I like him—a lot!” Mingyu gesticulated wildly, obviously frustrated now that he started thinking about.

 

The trio in front of Mingyu softened considerably, especially Hansol. “Look, Gyu,” Hansol reached over to take Mingyu’s hand in his. Mingyu would usually wave him off, but the look in everyone’s eyes told him that this was supposed to be a serious moment. “I think you should talk to Seungkwan. Like, really talk to him. He’s...well, you’ll understand. Just—yeah.” Hansol squeezed Mingyu’s hand and when Mingyu looked towards Wonwoo and Seungcheol, they nodded as well. Mingyu took a deep breath and agreed, gathering his things before waving goodbye to his friends.

 

He made his way over to Seungkwan’s dorm with an uneasy feeling in his gut, but he refused to acknowledge it. Mingyu prided himself on being optimistic and a mood lightener, and he hoped that whatever was going on with Seungkwan could be solved easily and quickly. Not that he didn’t care, but Seungkwan’s out there, loud, cheerful personality was easily missed when it was gone, and it has been gone for far too long. It was even starting to bum Seokmin out, of all people.

 

“Oh, Gyu,” Mingyu jogged up to Seungkwan with a huge smile on h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter