thorned roses

You're You (and I Love You)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the first time in Mingyu’s life, he put a little more thought into something rather than his usual “Guess I’ll wing it”.

 

Mingyu straightened himself up a bit before he knocked on the door to Seungkwan’s dorm (thirty minutes early, but Hansol made a point to inform him that being early was being on time to Seungkwan). Seungkwan opened the door obviously not expecting Mingyu to be standing there because his face shifted into surprise slowly before he smiled big and bright.

 

“Oh my god,” Seungkwan exclaimed in english. “you’re right on time. Come on in.” Seungkwan took Mingyu’s hands in his and pulled him into the dorm room. Seungkwan’s side of the room was a mess, being littered in clothes and such, and on the other side, Seokmin laid in his bed lazily scrolling on his phone. “Hey, Seok—”

 

“Yeah, yeah,” Seokmin shifted over in his bed, glancing towards Mingyu before patting the now empty space. Mingyu glanced at Seungkwan and the younger ushered him over to sit, which he did somewhat awkwardly. Seokmin went back to his phone after giving Mingyu a sympathetic pat and a whispered “I don’t know if Hansol told you, but being early is being on time for Seungkwan so you can help him dress for the occasion.”

 

“Stop gossiping about me,” Seungkwan casually muttered as he stared at himself in the mirror that was too big to have any place in the less-than-spacious dorm room; he went back and forth between one shirt and the next, a light blue one and a light pink one. Mingyu envisioned that either would look great on Seungkwan, but as his eyes trailed over the clothes on his bed, he spotted a simple white button up and a maroon sweater. He remembered how Seungkwan wore that combination sometimes, and it brought a smile to his face because that’s when Seungkwan looked the absolute cutest to him. The thought inspired Mingyu to get up and grab the two articles of clothing and move over to Seungkwan. He grabbed the previously contending shirts from Seungkwan’s hands and handed the specially picked out combination to the younger.

 

“Wear these, you’ll look super cute, especially,” Mingyu trailed off, eyes roaming over Seungkwan’s messy bed again before grabbing a simple pair of black, distressed jeans. The very same jeans that he knew made Seungkwan’s look great . “with these!” The selected look was the perfect combination of cute, yet y that Mingyu thought Seungkwan was. Seungkwan blushed a bit as the choice of jeans, particularly because he didn’t wear them often, only for the few parties he bothered to go to and the very occasional club outing.

 

“T-thanks, I’ll be right back.” Seungkwan left the dorm room with the clothes Mingyu had picked out in tow, coming back a few moments later looking absolute fantastic. “Is it like you imagined?” Seungkwan asked shyly, placing his other set of clothes on the bed.

 

Mingyu nodded furiously. “God, yes, you look amazing ! Doesn’t he look amazing, Seokmin?”

 

Seokmin looked up from his phone and checked Seungkwan out, giving a slow nod and a whistle to accompany it. “As expected, Mingyu the fashion king and Seungkwan the visual god. A true power couple, indeed.” Seokmin smiled big and bright as Seungkwan scoffed and went over to Seokmin to swat at him, entirely embarrassed. “Anyways, your thirty minutes are almost up, better head out now. I’ll clean up your mess, Kwannie, don’t worry about it.” Seokmin stretched out before getting up for the first time that day. He gave the two of them hugs before pushing them out of the room with a quick “Good luck!”

 

“Alright, this is happening, this is real, okay,” Seungkwan muttered, taking a deep breath before turning towards Mingyu. Mingyu had been staring at Seungkwan’s , and it was obvious from the way his eyes didn’t dart upwards until a few seconds after Seungkwan had turned around. “H-hey, you ert, my eyes are up here!” Mingyu chuckled and wrapped the younger into a big hug; he pulled back only slightly to cover Seungkwan’s face in kisses, to which Seungkwan whined about, but didn’t exactly pull away himself.

 

“Sorry, I just—I like you, a lot, this is my first date ever and it’s really exciting,” Mingyu’s smile was giddy and childish, and Seungkwan couldn’t help but return the feeling. “I didn’t plan anything too crazy, we’re college kids after all, just a movie and then a little stroll at the park—the pretty one, by the way, and then we could go grab something to eat afterwards.” Mingyu explained as he took Seungkwan’s hand and they finally made their way out of the building.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter