Cookie

They’re Like Ocean Waves

Jenn’s POV.

Monday. The start of a new week of stress and lots of homework. I literally spent my weekend doing homework with a bit of procrastination.I looked at myself in the mirror. Hm, should I wear a headband or this flower pin I got myself a week ago? I looked at the weather app on my phone. Okay,not bad. Clear skies and a sunny day. I grabbed the small sunflower pin and carefully styled it on the left side of my head. My hair isn't that frizzy today, so that's good. You are beautiful enough. You are beautiful enough. I love you, Jenn. Sounds weird to say that to yourself, right? My therapist has me reciting those words to myself everyday to achieve confidence, higher my self-esteem and of course, self-love. She said that once you keep telling yourself kind words you will believe them one day. Slowly, self hate will diminish. That's what I truly want.

My therapist, Grace wants me to try to go to school without makeup on this week that way I can feel comfortable in my own skin and accept the way I appear. And especially for what happened last week...the mascara incident. I felt really insecure for the rest of the day without it on which triggered some negative thoughts. I can do this.

I glanced at my phone to look at the time. Ok good I have an hour until the bus arrives at the stop. I make my way to the kitchen.

“Good morning, sweetie!” My mom grabbed a mug from the cupboard and poured herself a dark black coffee. She gently scooped three teaspoons of raw turbinado sugar into her coffee.

“Good morning!” I grabbed a clean cup from the counter and poured myself some water from the pitcher.

“Jenn, your outfit is so cute. Also, I see that hairpin. I love it!” My mom loves to hype me up. I become a little shy whenever she does that but it really gives me a boost of confidence.

“Well, I try..” A shy smile appeared on my face. I took a sip of the water that I poured myself.

“I forgot to tell you, last night I picked up the anti depressants that Grace prescribed. They're on the table of the dining room. Make sure to take them, ok?” She drank from her hot cup of coffee.

Oh that's right… “Grace said to only take them in extreme cases. But for now, we are trying not to rely on medication..” I grabbed a pear from the fruit basket and took a bite from it.

“Ah yes, that's right. Well know that they are here whenever you need them. And she told me to remind you to make friends. Talk to someone. You're a wonderful, intelligent and pretty girl anybody would want to be your friend.” Yeah okay, sure mom. I’m an awkward mess.

“Eh.. it's kind of hard to actually make a conversation with someone..” I took another bite of the pear.

“You don't have to make a full conversation but just compliment someone and that can spark a conversation. And smile. Remember to smile.” My mom started to cut some pieces of a French baguette.

“Ah..okay. I’ll try..” Maybe..just maybe I'll see dream boy today and start a conversation…

 

Mingyu’s POV.

 

The fundraising events usually happen in the main courtyard of the university . All morning we were all setting up the table with all the goods and sticking the prices beside each baked good. Ah, everything looked great, especially my cookies.

“Raina make sure not a single fly lands on my cookies.” I was just trying to push her buttons. She rolled her eyes.

“Oh, Mingyu…” she sighed. I chuckled at her reaction.

“Alright, it's almost time to start promoting. Is everyone here?” Jae, the president of the music club, asked. He looked around. “ Does anybody know where Wonwoo is? Can y'all text or something?”

“I texted him but he hasn't responded. Bet he's going to be late...that kid man. He’s been slacking these days. Tsk tsk.” Jackson folded his arms.

“Ah,okay then. Well, let's start!” Jae didn't even look disappointed. Him and Jackson were the only ones that could actually get a word out of him. I’ve only introduced myself to him but never really had an actual full-length conversation. Jae out of nowhere took his guitar out, strummed a few chords and started to sing with his soothing voice, “Bake sale, bake sale. Come help the music club out~” That immediately caught almost every girl’s attention. Good strategy, Jae. Lots of girls surrounded the area looking at the pastries and of course listening to Jae.But..I have not seen that one short girl passed by. I don’t know but something about her caught my attention.

Suddenly, I feel a slap on my back that resounded throughout my whole body. “Dude, why are you so spaced out? Your cookies are the ones selling the most, sorry I had to tell the pretty young ladies that I baked them…” Jackson stood beside me.

“Oh really? Sorry about that but got any numbers yet?” I smiled at his silliness.

“Nah bro. I wish. Raina had to in and tell them it was a lie. But..it looks like you’re looking for someone. Raina just went to the bathroom if that's who you are looking for.”

“Oh no I wasn’t looking for her.” I spot a familiar figure at the entrance of the campus courtyard.

 

Jenn’s POV.

 

I wonder what all of this commotion is about. Why is this so congested today? I wish I was tall enough to see what was actually going on. Agh. A really tall stranger accidentally pushed me. “My bad.” A random sleazy dude apologized and continued to walk. Ah the struggle of being short.

As I kept walking, the first set of booths cleared up. Is that dream boy? I couldn’t really tell because this guy has specs on. My whole nervous system shot up and began to have a breakdown inside of me. My hands started to sweat. Oh great. I took in a deep breath and walked towards the table. You can do this, Jenn. It probably isn’t dream boy. I picked my head up and there he was. Dream boy with specs. Our eyes had met once again...he began to smile. A full on smile. Am I dreaming? His smile can cure depression. Well, I’m exaggerating. But his smile has me feeling like I was on cloud9. I remembered what my mom told me, “remember to smile.” I smiled right back at him.

“Uhm..so..what’s this for?” I asked hoping that dream boy would answer my question but the guy next to him did.

“We are trying to raise money for the music club. We need to tune some instruments.” The confident guy grinned. I nodded my head.

“Okay..I’ll help.” I looked at the pastries and cookies that were on the table. I looked at the cookies that were on the left. I figured it was easier to just get one of those cookies because I was so nervous that something embarrassing would happen. I glanced over at dream boy. Oh my gosh. He’s still smiling. “I’ll get that one.”

“Ah, the cookie. Nice choice. I baked that one.” The confident guy told me. Awkward me just nodded my head at his comment. I paid for the cookie and while the confident guy grabbed the cookie to put it on a plate, I glanced over at dream boy again. Compliment him Jenn. Do it. Ask his name. I gulped. He was still smiling at me.

“ I..I like your glasses.” I awkwardly pointed at his wonderful specs.

“Oh, thank you!” He smiled became bigger.

“Uhm..what’s your name?” I CAN NOT BELIEVE THOSE WORDS CAME OUT OF MY MOUTH. I hope I look okay. Out of all the days, I don’t have makeup on today. No, I look fine. Jenn you look fine.Ahh.

“Oh, my name is Mingyu. Nice to meet you.What’s your name?” He took out his hand so that I could shake it. I gently shook his soft hand and replied, “Uhm, my name is Jenn.Nice to meet you.” I felt the blood rush through my cheeks.

“Here’s the cookie. It’s chocolate chip, but with a twist.” The confident guy handed me the cookie on the plate. I grabbed the plate and was about to leave but...I FORGOT HIS NAME. I turned around back to dream boy.

“Min-min gyu right?”

He enthusiastically nodded his head. “Yes, Jenn right?”

“Yes..”

“I’ll see you later.” His eyes sparkled. I awkwardly nodded my head. As I turned right back around to keep on walking,probably because of the force I used when I turned around, my cookie flew and landed on the ground, about 3 feet away from me. Just lovely. I looked at the broken cookie on the ground. I awkwardly squatted to pick it up.

Mingyu immediately squatted beside me. “Oh no..your cookie.”He chuckled. He gracefully picked up the remnants of the cookie and threw it out in the garbage.“Let me get you another one.” He went back to the stand and picked up not only one but two new cookies. “The extra one is on me.” What an absolute sweetheart.

 

Suddenly who I assume is the club president (only because he is literally wearing a huge bright badge titled PRESIDENT in all bold caps) whistles, teasing Mingyu, “We’ve got a ladies man over here! He’s even swaying my heart.” He even held his hands to his heart for further emphasis.

Mingyu laughs a bit over the top, imitating his sarcasm. Looking slightly embarrassed, he apologizes, “Sorry, Jae’s a character of his own imagination.” Before he protests, the confident guy from earlier pulls the president away, forcing him to keep on playing their guitar jingle to bring in more customers. “So, have you thought about joining the music club?” he asks with anticipation.

“YES DEFINITELY, OF COURSE.” is what I want to say. Yet of course, little awkward me mumbles, “Sure?” hesitantly.

“I guess that’s a yes then huh.” He giggles. “Well if you have time now, I can sum up what we do here. We’re kinda like a big family so I think you’ll fit in just right.”

Because I'm an introvert , I guess you can say I was never a big fan of clubs or large gatherings in general. I felt like I could never be my true self, and my shell just couldn’t break. Take a deep breath and just focus on being Jenn.

“I think I’d love like that.” I smile.

“Awesome. Let me just have one of the guys take my place at the cookie stand and I’ll be right back to show you our headquarters.”

While he does that, I take a bite out of my new cookies, satisfying my sweet tooth. What was for a moment sweet suddenly grew hot, irritating my mouth. Was the secret ingredient the confident guy was talking about lemon? The thing is, I’m highly allergic to citrus. My mouth was on fire but thankfully I wasn’t going into an severe allergic reaction since there wasn’t much in it. Why is it that when dream boy is about to give me a tour of the music club H.Q. this has to happen?

Out of embarrassment, I immediately cover my mouth and try to find a restroom or somewhere quiet where I could take my Benadryl and collect myself. Seriously, why has this week been so bad for me? My heart was beating profusely, and my shakiness started to slow me down. Everything was a bit hazy and muted, with the only thing I could hear was my heartbeat. Budum Budum. I think I was getting a panic attack on top of it.

A hand grabbed my shoulder and turned me toward their direction.

“Is everything okay?” the stranger said worriedly.

“I-I’m having a-a,” I stammered trying to get my words out. I probably look like an awful mess.

 

Wonwoo P.O.V.

 

I took a deep breath and took in the fresh air, feeling the chill of fall taking away the humid breeze. I could definitely get used to this. As I entered the campus courtyard, booths filled the air with the smell of sweet and savory treats. Dang it, I totally forgot I had to help out the music club thingy I signed up for. Oh well, I guess it’s not too late to try selling a cookie or two.

Amongst the crowds and tons of booths, I tried to look for any sign of a musical note or something to give me a clue of where I was going. As I wove through the masses, I heard the sound of crying that was almost too clear to decipher. To my surprise, it’s the same girl who bumped into me in the hallway a few days ago. The poor thing was trembling as she tried to walk away.

“Is everything okay?” I asked with concern, tapping her shoulder. That didn’t get her attention. With caution, I grabbed her shoulders so she could face my direction amongst the bustling people.

She didn’t even try to look up at me, covering her face with both her hands.

“I-I’m having a-a,” she stuttered.

She didn’t even have to say it. As she lowered her stance, I could see her face was red and puffy, most likely from an allergic reaction. Coming from someone who is allergic to virtually everything, this scene was almost too familiar.

“Let me take you to the infirmary, I think you might be having some sort of reaction.”

She looked a bit uncertain but then nodded yes, taking my offer of linking her arm with mine to walk. Holding on to her was almost like holding a feather, she was so delicate and air-like. Her long hair was fluffy, making her look like a puppy. Heck, she was actually really cute. Snap out of it Wonwoo, you need to get her to the infirmary.

With one step at a time, we eventually get to the infirmary. Just before we enter the doors, the girl loses all her strength.

“We need help!” I call out, with the nurses ushering out shortly after. They take her from my arm and two attempt to carry her inside. “I think she might be having an allergic reaction or something.” Just before they carried her to one of the rooms, I saw that the redness from her face was now faint, but now she looked as pale as snow.

“I’m worried this might be something more serious,” one of the nurses said worryingly. “Is she your girlfriend?”

“No, I just saw her having some sort of reaction at the club fundraiser fair. She looked really weak and could barely walk so I brought her here. I didn’t even get to catch her name,” I admitted. I really hope she’s okay.

“Well, you’ve done good kido and we’ve got it covered from here. Her name is actually Jenn, she used to visit us often so we have her guardian’s info. After we figure out what’s wrong, we’ll make sure to call them and have her back home safely.” The nurse grabbed one of the free pens from the main desk and gave it to me as a “reward for my good deed”.

I questioned maybe a hundred times whether I should have stayed to see if she was going to be okay. Though, it was probably best that I left. If the nurse said that she was at the infirmary often, she might be dealing with a chronic problem, which is pretty personal. I’m sure if I bumped into her twice this week, our paths will hopefully pass again.

Man, it’s already 4 p.m. Hopefully the booth is still up so I can at least help them clean up. As I enter the courtyard yet again, I see that the crowd shrunk to only a couple of people. At last, I see Jae and the other guys cleaning up the booth just as I guessed. Tan dude who I think was named Mingyu looked to distressed to help the others.

“My dude Wonwoo, you told me that you were going to help out and you ditched us!” Jae said in annoyance. “We only made fifty bucks because Mingyu went AWOL on us. This girl he met left all of a sudden and he couldn’t find her. On top of that, guess who left me alone at the booth to eat sushi? The entire club, just because I said I didn’t like it!” he wailed.

“Dude it's going to be okay. Let me try to help you clean up.” I said giving him a pat on the back, then gathering the containers of cookies. By the time we finished cleaning up, Mingyu was still pacing back and forth, probably wondering where his lost girl went. Then he gave me the saddest look.

“Do you you know anyone named Jenn? She’s about this height (measuring the space between his hand and the ground significantly low), long fluffy hair, and has a cute face?” he said in all seriousness. I couldn't control my laughter because his expression and description definitely didn’t match. Wait. Wasn’t Jenn the name of the girl from earlier? “I’m being serious Wonwoo. This girl was really stoked to be part of the club, and right before I was going to give her a tour of H.Q., she disappeared like that.” He snapped his fingers for emphasis.

“Yeah I think I know her. She looked as if she was having some sort of allergic reaction and looked really weak, so I helped her to the infirmary. Wait, did she eat something when you last saw her?” Mingyu’s expression quickly turned from hopeful to regretful. He really is the master of changing his reactions.

“Oh no, I gave her one of my secret ingredient cookies! Do people have citrus allergies?” Mingyu rubbed the back of his head in disappointment.

This boy clearly didn’t know that food allergies aren’t just to peanuts. “Yes, Mingyu they do. Some people are allergic to dairy, gluten, peanuts, and many other things that could be found in a cookie. This is why people ask before dude.” I said in a “matter-of-fact” manner. Maybe I shouldn’t have been so harsh, this guy seriously looked as if he was going to sprint to the infirmary seeking forgiveness.

“Ah, damn. Thanks, Wonwoo.” Mingyu dashed right before me and Jae to the infirmary before I could even say a “No problem.” This could have been easily avoided if Jenn asked the ingredients of the cookie or if Mingyu would have put a sign of the cookie ingredients. I really do hope she is okay.

“Wow, look at him run! The concept of Mingyu being heroic, my heart can’t take it.” Jae commented while he grabbed the reusable bags filled with the half empty containers. Heroic, huh? “Trust me, Mingyu was being a heartthrob today.”

“Oh really? By giving a girl an allergic reaction?” My eyebrow arched while I scoffed.

“Exactly!” Jae laughed at my response. I grabbed the two other reusable bags that was left to carry.

A familiar girl comes out of nowhere out of breath. “Is Mingyu here? He hasn’t been responding to my texts.” Ah, the girl who always hangs around Mingyu.

“Oh, hey Raina. He’s looking for that girl.” Jae responded.

“Still?” Raina rolled her eyes. “We had something to do today. We’re going to be late.”

“Chill girl. He probably went to go apologize since his cookie gave the girl an allergic reaction.” Jae replied nonchalantly.

“Oh…” Raina’s facial expression changed from annoyed to worried.

“Wait, what the cute girl?! She got an allergic reaction?!” Jackson appeared out of nowhere as well overhearing the conversation. “I was just helping him look for her. He told me to meet him here by four thirty.” Jackson looked at his wrist watch.

Suddenly, Jackson turned his head toward my direction. “Wonwoo! My man, you finally made it. I missed you!” Jackson attacked me with a big hug while I stood still not reciprocating the hug. I’m just not much of a hugger and I was holding the two reusable bags.He let go and put his hand on my right shoulder. “Dude, that girl was cute! You should have been here earlier. If she joins the club, I think I have a chance with her since it wasn't my cookie.” I nodded my head to his comment. Oh, if only he knew.

Raina suddenly let out a big laugh,“Shut up, Jackson. At least Mingyu knows how to bake and cook unlike you. Girls find that attractive.”

“Uh don't you mean that YOU find that attractive.” Jackson sassily pointed at her. You hear Jae in the background semi shouting, “Exposed!” Raina threatened Jackson with one of her fists.

“Please don't hurt me.” Jackson hid behind me.

“Alright, let's go Wonwoo, back inside the university. I'm thinking of donating the leftovers to my good friends, the janitors.” Jae headed out first walking to the entrance of the building. I started to follow him. “I'm going with you guys.” Jackson announced. We left Raina on her own while she waited for Mingyu.

As we walked towards the entrance of the main building, I stepped on something. Probably because I am a bit sensitive towards touch, I notice everything. I stopped for a moment and looked underneath my shoe. It was a pin. A sunflower pin to be exact. It actually looked familiar.

“Bro, you good?” Jackson asked as he stood beside leaving Jae alone.

“Yeah, I just stepped on this hairpin.” I picked up the pin from the ground.

“It’s a cute hair pin. What are you going to do with it?” Jackson eagerly asked.

“This pin looks really familiar to me.”

That’s right! It belongs to Jenn.


 

Mingyu's P.O.V.

These are the times when my running skills are useful. I did not wear the best shoes, but it doesn't matter. I have to get to her. I hope she's alright. That's all that went through my mind. I'm glad that the crowds of people began to disappear little by little.

I slowed down by the time I got to the entrance of the main building. I can't be running in there. I took in a deep breath and made my way to the infirmary.

I stood in front of the office door. Alright, Mingyu, calm yourself. My knuckle gently knocks on the door. “Come in!” I heard a faint voice exclaim from inside. I grabbed the door's handle and opened the door. I entered inside the infirmary. Wow, I haven't really been into the school’s infirmary, it seemed like a mini hospital. It was a well lit room with many different rooms and the main room was perhaps only for checkups. I walked towards the nurse that was seated behind her desk and computer.

“How can I help you?” She asked delightfully.

“Uhm, I was wondering if Jenn is here? And if so, is she alright?” My hands were shaking, I don't know how I was going to face to her. Approach her as well. What do I say? Hey I'm the guy who made the cookie, the cookie that gave you an allergic reaction.Sorry about that? Ha. She probably doesn't want to see me.

Please provide me with last name.” She smiled at me apologetically sensing that I did not know her last name at all. “I'm sorry, I'm just following the rules.”

“It's okay, I understand. I actually don't know her last name. But Jenn, she had an allergic reaction...it was my fault. I wanted to see if she was alright and apologize..” I rubbed the nape of my neck.

“Ah, I'm sorry. Unless you don't know her last name I can't give you information about her. Strict policy.” She paused for a moment. “But what I can tell you is that she hasn't come out yet. She is still here…”

“Oh..well is it okay if I wait here?” It's the least I can do. She seemed surprised at my request.

“Uh, sure take a seat.” She gestured at one of the seats.

“Thank you.” I sat in one of the chairs in the waiting area. I took out my phone to check the time. Oh damn, I totally forgot. 13 missed calls and 5 unread text messages..all from Raina. She's going to scold me afterwards.

I decided to call her. “Hey, Raina…I’m sorry bu-.”

“It's fine. I heard what happened.” She disappointedly said on the other line.

“I won’t be able to make it today. I still need to talk to Jenn.”

I could hear her sigh. “It's fine, I guess. I'll see you tomorrow.”

“I'm sorry again. Thanks and bye.” We both hanged up. Wow, I'm tired. My eyes closed.

 

I felt something tap my shoulder. I suddenly wake up from my supposed nap and see the nurse that was sitting behind the desk in front of my face.

I didn't know how to react. All that came out of my mouth was, “Uhh..”

“Mister, Jenn will be right out.” She smiled and went right back to her desk.

“Oh, uhm thank you so much.” I look at the time on my phone. It's already six pm. I run my fingers through my hair making sure I look presentable.

 

Jenn's POV

I finished eating the meal the nurses had prepared me so I could take the allergy pill. Apparently I had fainted and some good looking guy brought me to the nurse...all I remember was taking a bite out of the cookie and don't clearly remember the rest. Sora, the head nurse came in the room. “Ah, I see you have finished. Did you like it?”

“Yes, it was really delicious. Thank you!” I smiled. I love Sora, she has helped me a lot since my first semester of college.

“Hmm, Jenn. There's this really handsome guy waiting for you in the waiting area. And it's not the same handsome guy who brought you here.” She was rather enthusiastic about this. I really have no idea of who it might be.

“What? A handsome guy waiting for me? That's.. weird. It's definitely not for me.”

“I don’t know but we shall see.” Sora smiled. Gina, another nurse, came in the room, saying, “I prefer this guy over the other handsome guy. The one in the waiting room is more your type Jenn. I feel like you guys would hit it off well. He would protect you at all costs.”

“What? The one that brought her in seems more like a perfect fit for Jenn. I can just feel it! Wanna bet?” Sora said boldly.

I really need to know who they are talking about.

“Make sure to fix yourself up, hon. He’s waiting.” Gina winked. I don’t know how to feel about this. I hope it's someone I know...if it is true. I went to the bathroom to check if I looked alright, you know if there was food in my teeth and fix my frizzy hair. Wait, where’s my pin? Ugh. Don’t tell me I lost it? I just bought it. Of course this would happen to me.

Well, it's already six..I’m tired. I need to go back home.

I come out of the room that I was in, not expecting anything, especially from what Sora and Gina have told me.

“Jenn!” Mingyu stood from his seat. Oh my gosh. This day is so weird.

 

Mingyu’s POV.

Her eyes widened as I called her name. She looked as if she wanted to hide under a rock. I don’t blame her though. She wasn’t expecting me. One of the nurses came and said, “Do you know him, Jenn?” She nodded her head and responded, “Yes..that’s Mingyu.”

Suddenly, another nurse exclaimed, “Oh! You know his name! Ah Mingyu, such a handsome name!Oh my gosh!”

I didn’t know what was going on. One of the nurses pushed her towards me. Maybe because she’s shy? I don’t know. She’s was in front of me. She seemed a bit drained but at the same time she looked refreshed. She awkwardly waved her hand at me and a small smiled appeared on her face. How cute. She appeared so defenseless. Seeing how she was alright, made me smile. I couldn’t hold my happiness.

“How are you feeling?Feeling healthy?” I don’t know if that made sense, I’m just glad to see she didn’t die. She nodded her head. Hmm, I guess she’s not much of a talker. “Uhh..also I’m so sorry.”

“For what?” Jenn was puzzled by my statement.

“I’m sorry. The cookie you bought..it was actually my cookie. I’m the one who baked it, not Jackson. You probably got an allergic reaction from it. I’m truly sorry.” I held my hands together in gesture of forgiveness.

“Oh, don’t worry about it! It's not your fault! I should have asked the ingredients of the cookie.” She instantly became worried. Her eyes resemble to a lost puppy as she spoke to me.

“Well...is it okay if I can show you around the music club headquarters?”

“YES. You should go Jenn!” One of the nurses butted in the conversation which made me chuckle. “I’ll take you home afterwards so don’t worry about taking the bus.” The other nurse reassured her. Jenn looked at them with a surprised expression.

“Uh, okay. Thank you, Sora.” She smiled at them and then looked at me. “That would be nice.” Jenn put her head down. Do I intimidate her?

“Alright, let's go!” We headed out of the infirmary to the music club headquarters.

 

We began to walk to the music club headquarters. There was silence. I should try to spark a conversation. I do want to know more about her. I looked at her..she was staring at the ground. She seemed a bit tense.

“Jenn, it's okay. Don’t be nervous, relax.” She nodded her head to my suggestion.

“So..do you have a citrus allergy?” I’m trying my best not to be awkward.

“Uh..unfortunately.” She giggled. Okay, she’s speaking. That’s good. “The secret ingredient is some type of citrus then?”

I chuckled at her question. “Shh, don’t tell anyone. But yes, it is. I used orange. It gives a tangy and sweet taste to the cookie but an allergic reaction to a nice girl.” I sighed. She smiled at my response.

“That’s too bad. It probably tastes delicious.” Jenn pouted. How much more adorable can she get?

We walked a bit more and we arrived at the music club headquarters. I opened the door for her, she entered with her head down oozing with awkwardness. I came in behind her.

“Wow, I didn’t know this building existed..” Jenn said in awe.

“You learn something new everyday right?” I placed my hands on my waist. “Come this way.” We walked towards the auditorium.

“Well it's closed right now, but that's the auditorium. The music club holds performances there, just for fun. Anybody can enter.”

“How exciting!” She looked through the small window of the auditorium’s door to look inside.

“Almost everything is closed right now but inside here is where the orchestra practices. This room is for pianists. This college is well equipped. No wonder tuition is kind of pricey here.”

She chuckled at my comment. I’m glad I’m not boring her.

We walked through the hallways together. “Finally, this is where the music club hangs and where musical expression is allowed.” I opened the door to the room.We both entered. “There’s a whole bunch of instruments here as well. We just randomly jam out.”

“Oh, that sounds cool. Can’t wait to be part of that..” She shyly smiled as she said those words.

“I can’t wait for you to be part of it as well.” I meant it. I wanted to see and know how she truly was. Jenn intrigued me.

 

Jenn’s POV.

 

I bumped into a chair after he said he couldn't wait for me to be part of their jam sessions. Great. Did he mean those words? I swear my heart is about to explode. I’m trying my best to not act stupid. Agh. You can do this.

“Oh..um thanks.” I mumbled. Jenn, why are you like this?

I walked around the room looking at the perfectly cleaned and intricate instruments. My eyes went directly towards the cello. The cello..shivers run down my spine. I miss it but..I’m scared of it. I’m scared to even touch it. No, don’t even think about it.

“Jenn, do you know how to play any instruments?” I jumped a bit at his question because I was definitely spaced out.

“Oh, uh no I don’t..” I lied. “How about you?”

“A guitar here and there. But sometimes we have days where professors come and teach us on how to play a certain instrument.It's more of an informal way but they do teach you.” He smiled as he explained. He certainly did have an amazing glow to him. I love how he gives off a safe vibe.He makes me feel comfortable, I never felt this way before. Was I meant to meet him?

“Oh, so when are the days that the music club meets up?”

“Well, we hang around here when we are bored. But there is definitely a schedule for certain activities.” He paused and gulped. “Uh..if you want we can exchange phone numbers..and I can send you the pdf of the schedule and we can hang around here whenever you are bored..” Mingyu took out his phone. His eyes gleamed. WAIT. DID HE JUST ASK FOR MY NUMBER?

My heartbeat was at 10,000 beats per millisecond. Dream boy just asked for my number?! “Uhm.” That's all I that came out of my mouth. But I aggressively shook my head, meaning yes. Jenn, nice way to make it obvious.

“Okay..what’s your phone number?” He asked eagerly.

We awkwardly exchanged phone numbers (my hands were shaking so much aghh) and that was the end of the tour since the janitors were locking up. We were out of the building.

“Oh..Mingyu? Do you know who took me to the infirmary?” I asked because my curiosity was killing me. Who was that other handsome guy according to Sora and Gina?

“Oh, it was Wonwoo. I think you know him?” He asked. Wonwoo..wonwoo..OH MY. WONWOO?

“Oh yeah..I do know him. Thanks. I just wanted to know to thank him.” I awkwardly replied.

“Oh okay. Yeah, he’s actually in the music club. I bet you knew though, since you already know him.” He looked at the dark night sky. He’s in the music club?!

“Oh, no. I didn’t know. We aren’t even friends. We just randomly met but that's it.”

“Oh really?” Mingyu suddenly glanced at me with a small grin. I nodded my head. Abruptly, a car beeped.

“Oh..I think that's my ride..thank you so much for today! I really appreciate it.”I smiled at him and he smiled back.

“No problem! It was nice.” He gestured for a high five. I better not mess this high five up. I returned the high five.

“Good night!” I waved as I got into the car.

“Stay safe!” He waved back and waited until I was fully in the car to walk off into the distance.

 
 
A/N:  Hey!!  hopefully you enjoyed this chapter!  We have more time to update now since exams finished!  this chapter is lowkey inspired what happened to me in my first semester college haha well just dropping something in front of a cute guy after saying hi hsahkdjdfkdj (wookiebean) we'd love to hear your thoughts!